Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What to do with a new foundation in the wrong color?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I FINALLY received my long awaited refill of my Lancome Maquicake UV Forever Compact foundation. Unfortunately it's in color 50 and it's slight darker than my skin color. I called my aunt who purchased this for me and she says she lost the receipt so I should open it and test it on my skin first since she can't return it anyways. (BTW she bought this in HK as this foundation is only sold in Asia while I live all the way in Vancouver) So I opened it and I used a new sponge (not the one it came with) to dab a bit and test it - it is a bit too dark. When I went on the Lancome site I realized the one I used previously was a color 20 (the lightest color). Most stores ONLY carry 50 and is recommended by most SAs regardless of your skin color (it was recommended to me once!) Now I COULD ask my aunt to buy me the CORRECT color but I don't want to do that and WASTE this completely new refill.

I've been thinking all night what to do with it but I have no clue, I don't know anyone to give it to, esp. since it's a refill it's hard to give away.
I'm also thinking I COULD use this, I assume using it will make me look a bit tanned which is ok considering it's summer but the problem is I don't LIKE looking TANNED. I love my pale skin (except for the acne and browns acne spots), I NEVER tan and my skin doesn't tan/burn easy either .
I also thought about putting it up for swap at MUA but because it's not a well-known product (actually barely ANYONE knows about it), it's not likely someone will actually want to swap for it (there are already a few on MUA sitting there for 200+ days already).

Any of you have any ideas? I absolutely HATE the idea of having to waste a brand new foundation that I love and have my aunt buy me a new one Sad
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi
You can do one of three things. Maybe someone you know can use the color, maybe you can keep it as a color you can mix with and create your ultimate color, or you can do a swap on MUA? Just thoughts? I can not tell you how many times I have bought make up at make up counter and in the drug stores, where the color looks great (as you sample it on your hand) and then you get home, apply it in your bathroom mirror, leave and get in the car and open your mirror and EKKKK, WHAT THE?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |