Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Skinceuticals Vit C help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to Vit C serums and I've read a lot about it on EDS. I think I want to start using it but I'm not sure which brand or what %. I'm young so I don't need any anti-aging benefits. I only want the antioxidant and healing benefits of Vit C. I noticed Skinceuticals seems to have nice Vit Cs without the added AHAs, etc. I also like the fact that I can get sample packs off of ebay which seems to me very practical and hygienic since I use up products so slowly.

Now is the big question:
Which one should I use? I have acneic/oily skin and I noticed serum 10 and 20 are for this skintype - so which should I opt for? 10 is for sensitive skin but from the product fact sheet it seems to be good for acne-prone as well. But 20 looks more for my skin type in general but I'm not sure if it's too much since the only product I've used with Vit C is Lancome's Sensation Totale and I didn't notice much with that. I also have pretty resilient skin though.

TIA
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I've used the C + E Feurlic, and I have oily skin, this does seem to have a thicker consistancy than some of the other ones, and can be a bit greasy on me sometimes. I ended up ordering some sample bottles of the Serum 20 AOX by mistake and was worried that it would be too much for my skin, but I've had not tingling or adverse reactions to it. It's thinner than the C + E and I think it suits my skin better for the summer, it's still a bit sticky after appliction though. Confused For some reason it smells slightly of urine to me Question Hasn't put me off using it though.

I find the sample packs more economical than the full size bottles, and there is less worry of the product oxidising too quickly before you finish it.
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Have you thought about just using a vitamin c powder and just adding it to your moisturizer?

I use the skinceuticals C + E ferulic and I think I like my philosophy vitamin c powder better and I know its stable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sormuimui

I am the same age as you, and I think we have fairly similar skin.

Anyhow.. I have always used SC 20% and have had really great results from it. I don't use it every day and I only use it at night, as it can leave the skin feeling a little heavy with all the other stuff loaded on top.

I have noticed much faster skin renewal with addition to a C product. Basically no post-acne marks ever..

I have not had any irritation issues with using the 20% straight away, even though I experience tingling and such with many other products.

Ingredients wise I think SC make a great product, it is pure and without many additives to keep the VC stable.

Since you are using it for anti-oxidant measures, I would just start with a 20%.

HTH

(edit: also want to add, using this does not cause any extra breakouts or blocked pores for me, I think it is a combination of my current routine + the texture of the serum)
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, C+E Ferulic is more of anti-aging or dry skin and that isn't for me (this is what it says on Skinceutical's fact sheet).

miranets: thanks, I think I'll try the 20 and I was planning to use it only in the daytime while I use phyto corrective at night anyways. So I think once a day shouldn't irritate my skin that much not to mention I'm using O2 as well.
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
i'm using C + E Feurlic too. i've tried vit c 20'. but without any visible effect. however, c+e is really good. i got whiter skin. marks are gone quickly. quite moisture.

im combin skin.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |