Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

by Terry
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:48 am      Reply with quote
i know none of us were particularly thrilled with her comments about americans and make-up, but i've been intrigued by this line for some time.i've decided to make a trip to her boutique to cheer myself up and was wondering if anyone has used (or read articles on) any of her make-up or the new skincare line.

TIA
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I have a few samples of some of her skincare range which I haven't used. I must ask my mother what she thinks about this range. I know she literally bought half the line a few months ago, and seems to love some of the makeup.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
What did she say about Americans? I tried searching for the thread but couldn't find it (I'm beginning to be convinced that I don't know how to use the search feature).

I've been curious about this line too...I've seen it at eluxury.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I use by Terry’s Perfect Glow Foundation. After Stephane Marais was discontinued, I tired a few brands like Chantecaille, Paul & Joe, Estee Lauder, and YSL. I decided to go with by Terry. It works well for my skin (except for really hot summer days). Smooth, light, and the finish is natural. I think this foundation was also discontinued not too long ago. Well, just my luck. The sales lady told me their Color Skin Enhancer is very popular. She tired it on me and it felt nice. But I did not care for the color so I didn’t purchase it.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
What did she say about Americans? I tried searching for the thread but couldn't find it (I'm beginning to be convinced that I don't know how to use the search feature).

Not sure, but I thought it was Laura Mercier who made those remarks?
Anyway, is by Terry the same Terry who makes the Fresh Scents fragrances?? Just wondering Smile
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika--here's the thread re americans & makeup:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=110704&highlight=laura+mercier#110704
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...makes me want to re-evaluate if I want to give her (Miss Mercier) 40 dollars of my money to try her tinted moisturizer! Confused

I talked with a woman who owns a small makeup boutique here in Tucson, she's the only one in town to carry Fresh, Bliss, Cargo, etc...and she mentioned that Carol (who does LORAC) is very terribly b*tchy when she called in order to request information about LORAC so she (the lady who owns the boutique) won't carry (at least right now) the line at all. I guess Carol deals with those directly who want to carry her line of products or something.

Creators of makeup lines shouldn't bite the hands (millions of hands) that feed them! Shame on you

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
[ Not sure, but I thought it was Laura Mercier who made those remarks?
Anyway, is by Terry the same Terry who makes the Fresh Scents fragrances?? Just wondering Smile

oops. sorry. had no desire to re-visit that thread. memory fart.... i think she is the one that does the Fresh Scents but i'm not positive. (they don't seem to be on her web site.)

anyways, thank you all for your replies. keep them coming as i'm trying to hold out for another day or two!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't mean to go off topic!
Mea Culpa.
Embarassed
I have a tendency to do that often.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi la vie en rose,

I have been using byTerry for the last 7 years.

My list:
Eyes: multicare eye definer liner + Blackstar + Eyeshadows -I love both because they go on and stay on - and can double as eyeshadow. The eyeshadows are lovely and soft but highly pigmented with a great selection of colors. A little goes a long way.

Face-Eclat de Perle,Colorskin Enhancer,Blush, Loose Powder-the eclat de perle is a luminizer that is matte with opalescent sheen not shimmer - I use under mmu or loose powder - it brightens and lifts my complexion.

I have a bronze color skin enhancer in a discontinued color but understand that it is very similar to the newer Cooling & Extra Glow bronzers - I love the not to shimmery finish of this product. The loose powder gives a luminous finish and has a little shimmer similar to Chantecaille loose powder but it contains talc. The blush is lovely - I have yet to try the new creme blush/blush de thes but have heard they are wonderful.

Lips-lipsticks,multicare lipgloss, gloss de perle, baume de rose- the lipsticks are hydrating and longlasting but my 2 current favs are the gloss de perle + baume de rose. The baume de rose is a cult product that tends to sell out 2x in the winter months. The gloss de perle is super hydrating and lasts - these 2 will always be in my makeup bag.

When you are in Paris make sure you ask about limited edition products as they are not always available on-line.

If you wish - you can pm me for the Paris address of the makeup artist who flies over to the states and does the training for the US makeup artists -she is lovely and very good at helping you choose colors that are perfect for you and not about what's trendy or a must have.

HTH enjoy your trip Very Happy
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
If my memory serves me correctly, the "Terry" in "by Terry" was formerly in a senior position at YSL Make-up line, creative director or something similar. I think she claims to have invented that Touche Eclat product.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
If my memory serves me correctly, the "Terry" in "by Terry" was formerly in a senior position at YSL Make-up line, creative director or something similar. I think she claims to have invented that Touche Eclat product.

i think she did.... http://byterry.com/en/terry_terry.php
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes - by Terry created Touche Eclat - and she is about using color and luminosity enhancing makeup so you don't look made-up.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
tisa wrote:
...she is about using color and luminosity enhancing makeup so you don't look made-up.

which is exactly what i'm looking for.... however, forgot to ask you an important question -- are you break-out prone? also, have you tried (or gotten samples) of any of her skincare line?
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
yes I am break out prone - very sensitive to certain ingredients + fragrance. i have sampled some(2) of her skincare line but was not impressed as I found it too perfumey but don't let that stop you as I am very sensitive to scent at times Rolling Eyes. It was a cleanser + serum but I can't remember which as it is at least 2 years ago or whenever the skincare first came out. No reactions though.

From what i understand it has gotten alot of positive responses in some of the french mags and beauty product awards.

I haven't had any problems with the makeup whatsoever and definitely think you should sample everything Laughing when you're there as there may be things not available in the US. What about contacting Barneys for samples of the skincare if you have time before your trip?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for the feedback, tisa. i'm actually living here in paris and only go back to the states every few months to do some business and see the family, etc.... iknow, it really sucks, doesn't it? Laughing living in paris???
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
You lucky minx Wink - I thought you were in the States and coming over on vacation.

I would just like to reiterate that I love by Terry products and the customer service is wonderful. The comments in the article in the earlier thread were stereotypical but I still feel that the service and quality of the products redeem the comments. Laura Mercier's comments were the most offensive considering the American market is the backbone/foundation of her business and she was up unti1 recently not even known in France Mad

PM me when you go and check the store out and let me know what you think and what was okay and what was amazing.

I have bought from the one in my fav Vero Dodat and in Rue Jacob when I've been in Paris.

I miss going for breakfast and having lovely coffee and the bakeries and going out to dinner....Paris is special and a great city to enjoy life in Very Happy
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a few different foundations in the line and really like them, but I prefer Kanebo cream foundation over all, one of the best that I have used.
I also have the Eclat de perle, (hope I spelled it right, lol!). It is a liquid luminizer.
Also, a few lipsticks and glosses as well.
Overall, I really like the line, just hard to get a hold of in Canada, (shipping , ect.).
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't that the usual case? I wish Canada could sell more of these new products.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |