Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
any La Prairie fans?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using La Prairie products (along with La Mer and other brands) since I was 20. Although I'm not sure what they've done for my skin, I'm happy with the way my skin looks as I'm a party animal and a smoker (I've been getting very little sleep and drinking very little water for years). I know I know, best thing to do is to take better care of my health rather than spending loads of money on skincare. Anyhow, I'm just wondering if any La Prairie fans out there have any suggestions for good LP products or any other products within the similar price range. Thanks!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Their Cellular Time Release Moisturizer is the best I have ever used. It kept my skin looking plump and glowing all day long. I liked the blue toner as well and would like to try more of their products.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried four of their products and all failed to wow me.. the foaming cleanser (liked it best, but it was a bit drying), the firming toner (yuk. too sticky), vit. C eye cream (nothing special), and the day cream (not bad, but hubby ended up using it).

I have heard good stuff about their caviar range and have been tempted from time to time, but I would rather put my money into Cellcosmet (or even Valmont), which in my opinion is one rank up from La Prairie.

I think at least you are on the right path with Swiss cosmetics. They geniunely offer superb quality (Juvena is also pretty good and I have heard good stuff about Hormetta).

La Mer is another I have used extensively and really enjoyed too, but with La Mer it is only a few items that are truly outstanding and worth their $$$$

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I liked two things from LaPrairie, the retinol eye cream and this resurfacing beta(?) gel stuff, I forget the name. Both worked pretty darn well, if smelly... oh and outrageously priced Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I am using La Prairie Caviar Foundation and like it very much. Also the Under Eye Concealer Pen (not the exact name). They are very good - very light to touch but enough coverage. My foundation color is SHELL BEIGE which has a nice 'sheen' which adds a glow to my skin (which it lacks Sad ). I have also tried the Caviar cream. Very nourishing but I use it only for the winter months (too emolient in summer even for my dry skin). VERY UNIMPRESSED TOUGH, on their whitening products and the Radiance Cream (vvvvvvvery expensive and does vvvvvvery little ... OUCH Crying or Very sad . HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I started using LP skincare when I was about 20 too & at the time I thought it was the biggest waste of money ever!, but I think it was just too rich for my skin. I just restarted using some of their products like the Hydro-Repair night gel-cream which has a high concentration of AHA/BHA's & I now think it's amazing! Very Happy my skin is soooo smooth...I also really like the eye contour cream, compact/powder foundation, hand cream & all the body creams/lotions. Generally I have found they're products to be a lot better than La Mer & quite a few of the other high end brands, if you are willing to spend $$$.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I've used quite a few products from La Prairie, but my favorites are The Smart Cream, Eye Repair, Retexturizing Booster, Foaming Cleanser, and their sunscreens. The line for oily skin didn't work for me (got really bad allergic reaction to it). I know lots of people on EDS and MUA think La Prairie products are a waste of money, but I'm totally happy with the results on my skin. Smile
kenchunk
5% products discount

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I really loved C Energy Serum, but they no longer carry this item Crying or Very sad
amycc
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I've used several product from LP since I was 21, but I didn't think it worth the money. It did not do much good or bad. Not recommend!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like it. It's not worth the price.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
kenchunk wrote:
I really loved C Energy Serum, but they no longer carry this item Crying or Very sad

Now they are launching a new serum - not sure
about the correct name but it is something like an ANTI SPOT BRIGHTENER. The counter SA
told me this is a refined version of their C Energy Serum. Has anybody tried this and can give any reviews on it??

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Their eyecream did nothing for me - apart from leave my wallet $170 lighter.
Confused
Wein
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
A sample of their cleaning cream in-store didnt work for me too Confused
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I recently tried the rose illusion primer thing, & I thought it was ok but nothing too special for that price. I found it almost had a bit of a weird glycerine like texture on my skin Confused Embarassed
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:21 am      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
kenchunk wrote:

Now they are launching a new serum - not sure
about the correct name but it is something like an ANTI SPOT BRIGHTENER. The counter SA
told me this is a refined version of their C Energy Serum. Has anybody tried this and can give any reviews on it??

I haven't tried this one, but I have tried quite a few of their serums & didn't really like any of them at all. I really wanted to like the hydrating one, but I found the effect almost *evaporated* a few minutes post application.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love their retextuizinig booster....gentle but exfoliates really well leaving skin even toned and soft......It reminds me of ISC firming complex in effect....A little goes a long way:-)
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I tried their anti spot brightner and didn't like it at all, went a strange colour on my skin. The Smart Eye Cream is nice though, but now I've tried the Cellcosmet one i'm happier with that this.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I really love their Caviar Foundation SPF 15. The best I've ever had! Cool
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
I recently tried the rose illusion primer thing, & I thought it was ok but nothing too special for that price. I found it almost had a bit of a weird glycerine like texture on my skin Confused Embarassed

It felt beatiful on my skin but after a week of using it I broke out in spots (very unusual for me).
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my second sample packet of their De-sensitizing serum and I'm really really liking this product - enough that I'm seriously considering purchasing a full size even though it has a huge price tag of 160USD. I'm going to be writing a review very soon though, but I want to use it more before I make a full-fledge rave.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I'm on my second sample packet of their De-sensitizing serum and I'm really really liking this product - enough that I'm seriously considering purchasing a full size even though it has a huge price tag of 160USD. I'm going to be writing a review very soon though, but I want to use it more before I make a full-fledge rave.

ah, thank you sormuimui! i was trying to think of the name of this. this is the one La Prairie product that i really truly loved. it saved my skin went i went to hawaii and got burnt. for confused skin, it's brilliant.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know! I have a sample of thier de-sinsitizing serum. Must give it a try if I get too much sun. Smile
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
got a sample of the anti-aging complex, it was a 5ml sample and lasted for quite some time
it's excellent and really plumped my skin..even my bf loves it
have been debating whether i should get this or serum by valmont..
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
my mom swears by the cream cleanser.she has been using it for many many yrs.she does a 10 min massage on her skin with the cleanser n then rinses off--her skin glows!! (i am so jealous!)
she is in her 50's and no wrinkles..
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
i thought la prairie is for more mature skin, quite surprised to find a few people starts using it at early 20's... Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |