Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Frustrated
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
So I have had pretty bad acne since I was 13, at that time, everyone in my family told me to pop them and squeeze, so that is what I did, I got bad marks. Everyone thought it was hormonal and would go away but it stayed and now I'm 18 still with bad ance. I kept it somewhat of under control when I was a teen with a neutrogena salicylic scrub, untill I entered modeling and they told me I needed todo IPL to clear the marks and start on a more gentle cleanser (Viver hexim). Great, so at this point stuff is looking good, then out of the blue my dad notices the color or my eyes are yellowish, not from the sun (since I wear sunglass outside) the cleanser!! Confused So I visitied a hokey holistic practicioner who told me to get off it immediately and only rub my face with salt and aloe vera gel. To sum up, this did nothing but screw things up, I ended up with all these scars because my skin is just so sensitive from the salt, also broken capillaries, not to mention I had nothing to help remove all the makeup that got applied 3-5 times a day when I did shows except that stuff they have backstage which which is awful (full of alcohol, very drying).

I went back to the antibacterial cleanser and stuff looks somewhat better but I'm worried that something is happening to my body, all this chemical can't be good for me. I have tried all the "natural remedies" OCM, ACV, DH CC, tea tree oil, lavender oil, neem, jojoba oil, nothing works or I'm just too sensitive. For the last week I have been diluting the cleanser (vivier hexim) half with water, but my eyes still don't look normal.

Crying or Very sad I went to a new holistic practicioner who also is a MD and she put me on blue-green algae pills for a month because she thought I have "h.pylori" virus in my stomach, so I have been taking them for a month now and nothing diffrent! I'm not sure what todo anymore, I wish there was a natural gentle solution to my problem.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of a cleanser turning your eyes yellow! You might want to rule out any liver problems as yellow eyes is a big symptom of that.

As to the skincare, have you ever looked at DHC products? They're not holistic, but fragrance free and natural. I would recommend the deep cleansing oil and the mild soap, since you're sensitive. Also, I wouldn't worry about your skin absorbing any chemicals from skincare into your bloodstream, thus making you unhealthy. They're just not potent enough and aren't on your skin long enough for that sort of absorption to occur.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Confused The weird thing is, I'm super healthy, I'm a vegan and I try to eat as natural as I can. I drink real lemon with water everyday too. When I go off the cleanser for a week or two I break out but my eyes are clear again which is odd. Crying or Very sad I use the cleanser sometimes 5 times a day just because I need to with the taking off makeup or just keeping oil under control, so it may be possible.

Thank you for the suggestion by the way! I will look into that!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think out of all the things you have mentioned the salt would've screwed your skin up the most. I think you should go to an actual doctor to have a look at why your eyes are yellow. I honestly doubt it's because of skincare. You haven't mentioned any eye creams either so I really don't see the logic behind a cleanser or a cream making your eyes yellow. I think a good doctor would probably get some blood work done for you and find out what the problem is. Did your new holistic practitioner do any blood tests for you before she told you she thinks you have a virus in your stomach? I think taking pills without a confirmed diagnosis is a big risk and can seriously mess with your health. Maybe you can do some research yourself online regarding yellow eyes or any pills or things you're taking. I bet you can find a million reasons online why rubbing raw salt on your skin is a big no-no.

Hope everything will return to normal soon!

Btw, maybe you can try natural organic cleansers if the cleanser like the Yonka Gel Cleanser which is very gentle. DHCC is more an exfoliator so that may be why it's too rough on your sensitive skin. Jurlique Cleansing Lotion removes all traces of makeup really well.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
What is the active ingredient in your cleanser? You don't get in your eyes, right?

I would suggest perhaps something in your diet is the cause, but since you're vegan... Are you getting calcium? Taking your vitamins? But, yeah, I think I agree with the above post. Some bloodwork might be a good idea!
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, actually she did a full physical both the medical side and the holistic side, there was a urine test but no blood test.

I think that is a very good idea, I'm going to look into having that done. Thanks for that suggestion too! Very Happy

EDIT: I use the cleanser around and over my eyes, it contains hexamidine (a powerful antimicrobial agent).
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I definetly would go see a doctor about blood work. Yellow eyes is a syptom of hepatitis, but you would think she would have checked for that. If not I would suggest doing that right away. No scare...just as a precaution. There are different strains of hepatitis so be sure they test for all of them.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
daniel7654 wrote:

EDIT: I use the cleanser around and over my eyes, it contains hexamidine (a powerful antimicrobial agent).

Use an eye makeup remover or cleansing oil instead to take any dirt off your eye area, and start using eyedrops (even if you think you don't need them). Don't put anything antibacterial near your eyes!!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Hepititis C can turn the eyes yellow - I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but I would definitely go to a Doctor and get a few blood tests.
I have been using Vivier Hexam for a few months now and have had no "yellowing of the eyes"! I just don't think a skin-care product could do that. Maybe to the skin!?... hmm

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |