Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
LUSH
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
did anyone try the LUSH products?
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, i use their soaps quite frequently, also the bath-products (my favorite is "ceridven's cauldron") and some body-butters. are quite nice. though have never used their so called freshly made cosmetics.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:30 am      Reply with quote
This does seem to be quite a popluar brand but for some reason nothing has ever appealed to me when in the shop, it all looks very messy and my nose senses heavy perfume.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I believe you should try our forum member Candy's collection (CANDESSENCE) if you are interested in LUSH. She is now offering a sampler pack of her best items. This line has received a lot of ravings from other forum members.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Haha, I'm addicted to Lush products! You can find me on the Lush forums too Smile

Personally I think the best Lush products (in terms of how well they work) are the skin cleansers, fresh masks and the shampoos, rather than their bath stuff.

If I had to pick, my favorite would be Sweet Japanese Girl; its the best thing for removing make up, exfoliating, and brightening my complexion. Hmm, or Sacred Truth mask as it has lots of antioxidants. I could take or leave a lot of the bath products though, apart from a few staples (lin23, ceridwens Cauldron is fab! Also Butterball for skin softening.)
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
oh man i am totally addicted to LUSH.. i love all the bath bombs and bath melts........ fastest way to burn a hole in your pocket though!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
would love LUSH more if they didnt have SLS in most of their shampoos and even some conditioners and many soaps......its a shame..Sad...love 'angels on bare skin' face scrub....and 'miranda' soap (no SLS). I buy extra and unwrap it and just leave it near my towels in the bathroom so that the wonderful fragrance permeates everything.....ahhhhh... Very Happy
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have their VERY MINTY Mask of Magnaminty on right now and love it!!! My face feels icy... Very Happy

I went through a bit of a LUSH phase for a while & have the nicest BF in the world who would bring me back LUSH goodies everytime he was in Union Square during the week, so I have way too many soaps & bath bombs on hand. But their stuff is very fun! I especially like the Buffy the Backside Slayer to exfoliate the body.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
I believe you should try our forum member Candy's collection (CANDESSENCE) if you are interested in LUSH. She is now offering a sampler pack of her best items. This line has received a lot of ravings from other forum members.

Thank you very much. So kind of you Smile

I haven't tried any products from LUSH, but my products have been compared (and most often preferred) to LUSH. Mine are definitely cheaper too. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE LOVE LOVE bath bombs, their soaps, bar shampoo, almost everything, but I was not impressed by their skincare, masks, etc.. I think other companies do that (skincare) so much better. But all their other products are fun to use, fun to look at, and awsome to smell!!
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in their mask and hair products. any recommendations?

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
Sheens
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I am interested in their mask and hair products. any recommendations?

From the description in your signature I'd say a good mask for you would be Sacred Truth from Lush's fresh range. My skin is prone to spots, with some dry patches, and as I'm 29 I want to prevent ageing. This is the mask that does it for me (it heals my spots with minimal scrring, plumps, nourishes, moisturises but doesn't oilify)

They do have other masks specifically for spots, but many are too drying for me. I wouldnt go near the Mask of Magnaminty as its not fresh and it did nothing for my skin at all.

As for haircare, it depends of what your hairtype is, and what you want it to do (shine more, be more moisturised, less fluffy etc)

Have a look on lush's website, there are loads of reviews of their products there.
laeticia
5% products discount

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
my fav product is Dream cream, very soothing for the skin esp when its feeling itchy
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
I love their BioFresh range (the ones Sheens mentioned) and also a few regular items.

Some of the normal range items I've repurchased have been the Mask of Magnaminty, Fresh Pharmacy soap, Angels on Bareskin, Big shampoo (amazing stuff!) and the Retread conditioner.

Two items I don't especially love, but, somehow have repurchased for their cool factor have been the American Creme conditioner (doesn't really help my hair, but, leaves it smelling to die for) and the Ocean Salt scrub. It's oily and I think makes me get a tiny pimple or two, but, it smells and feels wonderful Laughing

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |