Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Confused btw Cellcosmet Activator Gel & Purifying Gel...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I should admit I am easily confused..what's the difference between Cellcosmet Activator Gel and Cellcosmet Purifying Gel..how?

Desceiptions say:
Activator Gel: Pre-treatment specifically designed to make the skin receptive to....
Purifying Gel: Cleanser and make-up remover...

If I would use both of them, how I mix them? If I go with Purifying Gel only, I don't need to use any other cleanser before? Sorry for a stupid question..I guess I don't know what I don't know on these products or this line..please help me out..thanks all the time. Please advise.

jeannie
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jeannie,

Not a stupid question at all! The Purifying Gel is the actual cleanser. This is your first step. The Activator Gel is used AFTER the cleanser and its purpose is to stimulate the skin to help it absorb your following treatment(s) - such as serum/moisturizer, etc. - better.

I apply the cleanser to dry skin and then add some water (with wet hands) to emulsify and then rinse off. Pat the face dry and then smooth over the Activator Gel. Then emulsify that with some water and leave it on for 2 min (brush your teeth while waiting - that is what I do). Then you just wash off the Activator Gel (and use a clean cloth to help with this) and pat dry and then proceed with the rest of your routine.

There are a lot of us here who are fans of the cellcosmet cleansing system!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:06 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
There are a lot of us here who are fans of the cellcosmet cleansing system!

didn't you say you were using the toner now as well? before or after the Activator? also, what are you using to take off your sunscreen? i can't believe any *gel* (at least with only one wash) can remove it.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi tiger_tim,

Thanks for the clarification. Now it makes sense to me. Will try as per your advice.

I have received a sample package with my order Cellcosmet eye cream last week. I enjoyed the eye cream last 3 days.

Thanks for your reply and will keep you updated on any progress on this.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
ah, yea, the sample boxes are not very specific at all. I used my sample wrong and it was not until I got the full size that I learned how to use it.

Lovely La Vie, yup, I also have the Active Tonic now and you use that after the Activator Gel (apply with cotton pad and then pat off with a paper towel/tissue).

I use the Shiseido Anesse (silver) sunscreen which is not that hard to remove (no special cleanser required), but I admit that I dont wear it every day (I only see daylight once a day Laughing - for 8 min going to the station and then after a 20 min subway ride for another 8 min walking to the office). The cleanser is pretty amazing on make-up though and I would use a cloth to remove as well if I have something on my face, so have never experienced any problems.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Are you supposed to emulsify with water for the activator gel? I have just been putting it on and letting it sit on my skin for several minutes and then rinsing off.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
hi rileygirl. Are you using the sample? When I had the sample that is what I thought you did too, but when the full-size came the instructions said to apply to the clean skin, emulsify with water and wait 2 mins then wash off using a clean soft cloth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tiger_tim, have you tried Cellcosmet Cream Cleanser? How does it compare with Purifying Gel? I want to get one of these but can't decide. Wink
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
No, cream cleanser is on my list to get for this winter. Mabsy is the one who raves about that, but I dont think she has tried the gel to compare the two.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm torn! Rolling Eyes When I read Mabsy's review I want to try the Cream Cleanser but then I saw Bushy's and your raves, I want to get the Gel one. Help!! Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
I'm torn! Rolling Eyes When I read Mabsy's review I want to try the Cream Cleanser but then I saw Bushy's and your raves, I want to get the Gel one. Help!! Laughing

now, see, if it was ME and I was torn I would just get both.. cream for night and gel for morning. 15% discount, free cellcosmet gift, free member gift... and with a double cellcosmet purchase you are sure to get some high-end samples I reckon! Oh, and if the second cleanser bumps the order over $200 you get the free shipping (another $15 saved).

::sigh:: this is how I justify things.. "oh, if I buy this $80 item, it is really only $68 after forum discount.. oh and the order will then be over $200 so I get free shipping - that makes the cost only $53! What a bargain! An $80 item for $53!!" Laughing Laughing It is EXACTLY what I did when I ordered stuff for mum and tacked on some Aminio Genesis Tripeptinon for myself.. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
OK, with EDS I ALWAYS make sure my order is over CAD120 to enjoy free shipping. Cool

As I'm getting the Activator Gel too, I just want to be a good girl Laughing and buy one cleanser only. (And I've already got a new ISC Cleanser with my last order)

Oh, I'm lured into this Cellcosmet trap...... Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Yes, tiger_tim, I have been using the sample.Sad to say I got the full bottle yesterday and never thought to look at the instructions! Anyway, thanks for replying and I do see on the full bottle how it says to do it! Embarassed
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
CK wrote:

now, see, if it was ME and I was torn I would just get both.. cream for night and gel for morning. 15% discount, free cellcosmet gift, free member gift... and with a double cellcosmet purchase you are sure to get some high-end samples I reckon! Oh, and if the second cleanser bumps the order over $200 you get the free shipping (another $15 saved).

::sigh:: this is how I justify things.. "oh, if I buy this $80 item, it is really only $68 after forum discount.. oh and the order will then be over $200 so I get free shipping - that makes the cost only $53! What a bargain! An $80 item for $53!!" Laughing Laughing It is EXACTLY what I did when I ordered stuff for mum and tacked on some Aminio Genesis Tripeptinon for myself.. Rolling Eyes

CK I agree with tiger_tim, just order both Laughing I do have both of the Cellcosmet cleansers but I have so far only used the gel. I am being good and not using the Cream cleanser until I finish the Yonka Cream Cleanser that I have now. (I use a cleansing cream in the morning and gel in the evening.) I actually have a stash of cleansers and did not mind adding the Cellcosmet Cream to it!!
Mabsy

Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
No, cream cleanser is on my list to get for this winter. Mabsy is the one who raves about that, but I dont think she has tried the gel to compare the two.

I've only had a sample of the gel cleanser. I did like it but I tried the cream cleanser first and ended up buying that first before I tried the gel if I recall correctly. The gel will be the next one - probably for summer.

While you're there - you might as well buy the activator gel... Bad Grin
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have both the cleansers - I use the cream cleanser at night and the gel cleanser is perfect in the morning.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have the purifying gel, activator gel, and anti-stress masque. A winning combo, although I didn't know how long to leave the masque on. Full size container did not say. I didn't know if it should be 2 minutes, or 30, so I did about 35 minutes! Until I got the very first slight tinge of a sting in one little spot on my forehead. My skin felt very soft, and even toned.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update. I have tried both gels last week and decided to order both of them. They have cleared my face without making it sensitive which is the best part of a cleanser I think. Will keep you posted on the progress once I try a full size product.

Thanks Mabsy, bushy, TheresaL and tiger_tim I owe you a lot Re: Cellcosmet products reviews, helpful... always informative and fun.

jeannie
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:12 am      Reply with quote
jeannie wrote:

Thanks Mabsy, bushy, TheresaL and tiger_tim I owe you a lot Re: Cellcosmet products reviews, helpful... always informative and fun.

jeannie

Well, jeannie, actually it is your credit card you will owe a lot too.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now, we wont mention the Tonic Lotion, Mask, Exfoliator, Eye Cream..... Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
OK, here comes my update. I finally ordered the Purifying Gel (together with Activator Gel) after I tried a sample of it. Razz

After my first use of the Gel, I could not quite decide whether I like it or not. It was not what I expected it to be and it seemed it didn't have much "slip" in it (I applied it on a wet face). And I wasn't sure whether it did a good job in cleansing my face. Overall - not quite impressed.

Then on the second day I applied it on a dry face and it felt much better. It melted my blush and sunscreen right away and it was washed off so easily. Just a splash of water and all the dirt are GONE! At this point I was starting to LOVE it. Very Happy

Then on the third day, I deliberately tried on my sample MMU before washing my face. It melted the MU so effortlessly and effectively (even more so than my loved Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil and without any mess) that I was sooooooo impressed! I was totally converted! I LOVE IT!!!

So this is the way I came to my decision. Laughing But the Cleansing Cream and Active Tonic were immediately placed in my cart after placing this order. Laughing
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Now, we wont mention the Tonic Lotion, Mask, Exfoliator, Eye Cream..... Very Happy

(tapping my foot here) you *still* haven't told us about the Tonic Lotion!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I've been using my samples this week and I love everything I've tried so far, especially the Activator Gel, smells lovely aswell.

I really want to try the mask, but think i'll just go ahead and order the full size anyway since the rest of the line which I've tried are so lovely.

Anyone have any reviews of any of the other Cellcosmet products apart from the ones regulary mentioned?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |