Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::REVIEW:: OSEA Dry Skin Travel Set
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
When I had my recent OSEA shop-a-thon (see seperate reviews for their Red Algae Mask and Ocean Lotion), I decided to add-in the Dry Skin Travel Set seeing as I had a winter visit to Australia coming up. Rather than make seperate reviews for each component of the set, I will do them all here.

The travel set retails for US$36.95 and contains 4 products: Ocean Cleanser (1 oz/30ml), Sea Minerals (1 oz/30ml), Essential Hydrating Oil (1/8 oz/approx. 3.75ml), Atmosphere Protection Cream (1/4 oz/7.5 ml). These travel sizes are more than enough for around 10-14 days (twice a day) use. The oil will continue on well beyond that. (note: OSEA's cleansers and the sea minerals travel sizes are also sold individually).

OCEAN CLEANSER:
OK, I will start by saying.. I LOVE THIS STUFF. It is a devine cleanser that emulsifies beautifully and rinses off like a dream without the assistance of a cloth and without leaving any residue. There is not even a hint of dryness after cleansing. It also has a devine smell, that is hard to define, but really quite addicting. The travel size (1oz) comes in a frosted glass pump bottle, which is a bit heavy for traveling and a bit hard to get the last dregs out of, but somehow I succeeded. The bottle is so nice I have kept it for future use (um, i.e. stealing mum's cleanser to try). The website states that this cleanser will remove make-up however I found that the one time I was wearing it (guerlain primer/fleur de teint/jurlique rose powder) the cleanser did not do its job and I had to recleanse with something more heavy duty. BUT if you put that one flaw aside, this stuff is awesome. It goes right up there with my Organic Pharmacy Rose Gel and a full size will most definately be making its way to my home once summer passes. Also at US$38 for 6oz (180 ml) it is not a bad buy, espeically considering the ingredients.

I give it 9/10 (one point off for the poor removal of make-up)

Benefits/ Features (website speil): This gentle marine-based cleanser effectively removes dirt and impurities
while hydrating and re-mineralizing the skin. Red Algae, a mineral rich variety of marine algae extremely high in microelements, proteins, vitamins, mineral salts and amino acids gentle cleanses the skin to allow greater
permeability. Ocean Cleanser is free of chemical surfactants and great for easy makeup removal.

Ingredients: 100% Natural Red Algae Extract, Decyl Glucoside [Vegetal Foaming Agent], Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Cocoglucoside & Coconut Alcohols, Sesame Oil, Jojoba Oil, Multifruit Extract, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Vitamin E) , Essential Oils of Lime, Orange, Juniper, Cypress and Jasmine, Glycolic Acid, Mixed Fruit Extract, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid), Sodim Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

SEA MINERALS:
Sorry to say that I also LOVE THIS STUFF. Considering the list of ingredients you would expect there to be some weight or film to this mist, but there is nothing. It goes on just like a heavy water and leaves no residue at all. If I had a full size I would have been spritzing all day long. This will definately be going on the desk when my Shu Uemura Depsea Water runs out. If you are someone looking for a mist that has hydrating properties but does not leave any residue, then this is for you.
Besides acting as a toner, mist, etc., OSEA recommends a spritz of this over the top of the hydrating oil before massaging it into the skin. This worked fabulously, as detailed below. Again, the glass bottle was very high quality but a bit heavy for purse or travel. The mist was good but towards the end was a bit hard to get it to mist really fine (not a problem I guess unless you want to set make-up). This is my new spritzing love. I cannot wait for summer to pass and buy the full size (4oz/120ml for US$26).

I give it 9.5/10 (half point off for .. well, the mist was not perfect at the end so better take something off for that!)

Benefits/ Features (website speil): Swimming in nutrients from the ocean, Sea Mineral facial mist feels as cool and refreshing as it looks. By delivering healing nutrients and antioxidants directly to the skin, Sea Minerals promotes the skin's natural ability to absorb moisture and oxygenate. Hawaiian seaweed extracts and Dead Sea Crystals combine with amino acids to provide therapeutic mineral treatment and help in the healing of various skin conditions. Natures perfect hydrator, Sea Minerals is the ideal delivery system to restore mineral balance to sun-exposed skin and reduce redness and tightness. A quick spritz helps seal makeup against humidity. Store in fridge for a refreshing after-sun elixir!

Ingredients: 100% Natural. Purified Hawaiian Seaweed, Dead Sea Crystals, Amino Acids [L-Lysine and L-Methionine], French Green Algae, Chlorophyll, Aloe Vera, Honey, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid [Vitamin C], Citric Acid, Grapefruit Seed
Extract, Mucopolysaccharides.

ESSENTIAL HYDRATING OIL:
A lovely blend of botanical and essential oils that sinks into the skin with ease and has a beautiful fragrance. I still suffered with dehydration problems when using this in conjunction with the Atmosphere Protection Cream, so either I should have used more or else needed something heavier on top.

The absolute BEST thing about this oil is the packaging. It comes in small roller-ball top bottle and totally cures the hassle of application of facial oils. The OSEA information says to roll 4 to 5 lines of the oil over cheeks and then do a spritz of the Sea Minerals and massage in. It made is so easy to apply the oil and there was no drag on the skin (as can happen when trying to use facial oils that need to be applied sparingly). It certainly goes a long way and after two weeks of use (using twice the strokes recommended because I also applied to the neck) I still have 2/3 bottle left!!

I like this idea of the roller ball-bottle so much that I am thinking of getting myself some roller-ball bottles to use with other face oils I have at home. After a week or so use there did seem to be some residue in the bottle, but that is supposed to be due to the ingredients, not contamination. This is certainly a nicely blended facial oil that I might consider purchasing in the future when things I have are gone (I currently have camellia oil, L'Occitane immortelle oil, Dr. H. balancing oil, and of course, 2/3 of the little bottle of this still). At US$26 for 1/3 oz (10ml) it is not too badly priced either.

I give it 7/10 (as a hydrating oil it did not quite do its job seeing as my skin remained very dehydrated after 10 days of use)

Benefits/ Features (website speil): A 30% blend of pure essential oils of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Calendula
and Geranium provide an advanced degree of deep hydration, working to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This extraordinary blend restores the youthful glow and luster diminished by the effects of the sun and aging and promotes the rapid healing of various skin conditions.

Ingredients: 100% Natural. Essential Oils of Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Geranium, Calendula and Cypress, Botanical Oils of Macadamia, Sesame, Jojoba and Vitamin E.

ATMOSPHERE PROTECTION CREAM:
This cream is like heaven in a jar. The texture is devine, the smell to die for and the resulting feel on the skin like velvet.
I do need to clarify that several hours after use (daytime) my skin would be dehydrated and a bit dry feeling, so I think that it would not be the best thing to use if you have dry skin and are in a dry/cold environment. That being said, I loved this so much I am planning to buy some for "in between seasons". I doubt it is sturdy enough for Tokyo's winters (though over the right serum it could well be) and I think it would be too much in our humid summers (I dont wear any cream type moisturizers in summer), but it will be perfect for those months inbetween the extremes.

At US$36 for 2 oz (60ml), it is certainly well priced - especially when the ingredients are looked at .. again.. YIPEE not a paraben in sight! The only thing that worries me is that the webiste shows the full size of this moisturizer in a bottle, whereas the travel size comes in a jar. Given the texture I think it will be a bit hard to get out of a bottle.

I give it 9/10 (one point off as my skin did not stay moist all day when I used this, however, the hydrating oil should have compensated and it could be that I needed something more substantial for use at night - and once I started using the decleor balm at night and the OSEA duo during the day the problems went away)

Benefits/ Features (website speil): An ideal lightweight moisturizer, Atmosphere Protection Cream, combines a
marine base with dermal proteins to buffer the skin from dehydration, pollution and the elements. The ultra thin barrier locks in moisture and heals skin ravaged by age, sun, wind and stress. The natural emollient properties of seaweed give this cream a unique and light silky texture. Vitamins A and E strengthen collagen and elastic fibers. Quick absorption makes it an ideal base to apply makeup and blend foundation.

Ingredients: 100% Natural. Red Algae Gel Extract, Coco Caprylate/Captrate [Vegetable Glycerides], Macadamia Nut Oil, Peg-4 Olivate (Emulsifer from Olive Oil) Cetearyl Glucoside (Corn and Coconut Gulcolipid), Shea Butter, Jojoba
Oil, Avocado Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Natural Smectite Clay) Palmitoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocophery Acitate (Vitamin E) Calendula Extract, L-Lysine Lauroyl Methionine (Amino Acid from Plants), Xanthan Gum, Laminaria Algae Extract, Retinyl Palmitate & Ergocalciferol (Viatmin A & D), Gingko Biloba, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid), Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

OVERALL COMMENT:
After arriving in Australia (winter) from hot & humid Tokyo, my skin went into one of its environmental fits and dehydrated like a prune. I used this set alone for about 10 days but even putting on extra oil did not seem to help, so I had to add a Decleor balm at night in place of the OSEA oil/cream (thank you EDS for having sent my mum some balm samples with the order I placed for her, you saved my skin!). Therefore, I think that if you already have dry skin and then find yourself in a drying environment you will need some extra boost with this line (they do have a more powerful moisturizer, but it is not in the travel kits). But dont let that put you off, this line is simply beautiful if used within its limits.

Their website (http://www.oseaskin.com/) has an online shop and as mentioned before, international shipping is pretty reasonable too. For the Dry Skin Travel Set + Red Algae Mask + Ocean LotionI paid $18.95. The line is also sold at Lane Crawford department stores in Hong Kong.

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Osea Normal/Dry Skin Travel Set (4 items)
Osea Normal/Dry Skin Travel Set (4 items)

Set Inclues:
- Osea Ocean Cleanser (30 ml / 1 floz)
- Sea Vitamin Boost (30 ml / 1 floz)
- Osea Essential Hydrating Oil (0.125 oz)
- Osea Advanced Protection Cream (0.25 oz)

lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:22 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim, Are you sure LANE CRAWFORD Hong Kong is carrying this line? Or they are just going to do it? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
yea, I thought it was already available in Lane Crawford. I think the website has some info too.. some press clippings from Hong Kong.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
yea, I thought it was already available in Lane Crawford. I think the website has some info too.. some press clippings from Hong Kong.

Tiger_tim, for your update (and the Hongkies') Lane Crawford no longer carries this line Sad . I found out from their CS. They responded promptly to my enquiries.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim you have THE BEST and most DETAILED reviews ever!
I learn so much from you Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
awww, shucks Embarassed Thank you for the nice comment. Trust me, when I first joined this forum 2 years ago, I was asking the SAME questions as you!! I had no idea what to use on my skin. Laughing

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim, what are you doing to me?! I just read avalange's and la vie en rose's reviews of the mud cleanser and decided that I just have to have it. Then I thought "I'll just do a search and see what other reviews we have" and came across this thread. Of course, given that it seems that you and I tend to like the same things, I now also have to have the ocean cleanser and the sea minerals! I'm going to order from the US to save on shipping but I was going to be good over there Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Now that's gone out the window before I even got there!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I was just debating on the sea minerals and now am pondering the travel set. Would appreciate any current input on either if someone could offer it. Was also considering Decleor Tonifying Lotion. Too many wonderful products out there!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm actually looking for a travel set product kit for dry skin shame the other two products didn't work quite as well. I like to occasionally give my skin a break from all the actives and use only a travel set for two weeks. I am interested in the first two products because I have dry skin but at the moment have been eying off the Suki kits.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
forddaisy

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:30 am      Reply with quote
The ingredient list Ocean Cleanser looking quit good I think this will give me good results as my skin is very sensitive I will definitely check out this website for more details.Thanks for sharing.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |