Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Thinking about Green Cream WORRIED abt. PURGING
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Hey all,

Green Cream is on my mind. What have been your experiences with it--Positive and Negative, please.

Was wondering if I should investigate this porduct for skin discoloration, and faint feathery wrinkles and thinning skin around eye area or just keep it my product choices on the natural/botanical end.

Never have used a retinoid with any regularity but have used AHA, BHA, LA, etc. for about a decade with great results.

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I was contemplating the same issue as yourself, and order samples of the green cream fromwww.cosmeticville.com, the 3% and 6%.
I followed the instructions from the green cream website, starting out using it once a week with only a pearl size amount. I gradually applied it more and am now up to level 6 and still using my samples. I can say that my skin is looking better.
I think some think the more they apply the faster they will get results, and up with bad results.
That's why I ordered samples, and will order full size, and continue with this cream.
Give it a try!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi prs

I haven't been using GC6 very long and only on my eye area, but I've been impressed so far. I can actually tolerate Retin A easily, but am trying out less irritating alternatives because of the high UV index here.

It's definitely increasing the turn-over rate of my skin. The skin is smoother and fresher and glowy looking and actually the surface looks better than when I used Retin A - not sure why. I've been doing it, but only every other night for about 2 months now. Plumping? - one eye it seems so, the other Confused bit weird.

Although I'm happy enough with it. I do sense slight irritation in the sun. This might be down to the alcohol content (in the GC, not me). I'm really interested in investigating the other non-irritating retinoids so for a few days now I've switched over to Avene's Ystheal all over bar one eye which I'm still using the GC on (a little comparative experiment ). The Ystheal gets glowing reviews on MUA and I sense no reaction at all in the sun the next day.

There's another one I really want to try which is by Dr Fulton (http://www.betterhealthyskin.com/263.aspx), a man who was closely involved with the discovery of Retin A in the first place. He has a new retinol product with a patented delivery system which sounds the gentlest of them all.

I'd really like to find someone who's tried it.

I know nothing about purging, sorry.

Molly Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
jilllpa wrote:
I was contemplating the same issue as yourself, and order samples of the green cream fromwww.cosmeticville.com, the 3% and 6%.
I followed the instructions from the green cream website, starting out using it once a week with only a pearl size amount. I gradually applied it more and am now up to level 6 and still using my samples. I can say that my skin is looking better.
I think some think the more they apply the faster they will get results, and up with bad results.
That's why I ordered samples, and will order full size, and continue with this cream.
Give it a try!

How manyh samples of each did you order?

Thanks for the info!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika,
I only got one sample tube of each, which will last quite some time if you follow the instructions from green cream.
Good Luck!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my samples...I'm very excited to try this!!!!

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
FYI,

theskincareboard says GC is not clean Sad

"Ingredients: D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel, octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue1,red 3.

Read em and weep!

Surfactant, film formers, and those nasty dyes!!!! The high alcohol content may sensitize some people."

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
They all still use it over there though Jozie even Deb. It's one of those things where effectiveness seems to beat uncleanliness.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Ahh.. that's good to hear Smile I want to get a sample of this Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I think the surfectants give my eye area a rather lovely sheen actually Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |