Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What products can I use for my nose? It's red. Pic included
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I warn you though, it's not a pretty site. I had made a thread previously about it being broken capilarries according to a consultation I had with someone at a skin, spa type, clinic. I had described it to everyone here and they said it wasn't it. I said I would take a picture. So I took one.

Before I post the picture I will ask, what do you think I can do, because it seems like it can be cured without going to a dermatologist. I mean, it is only redish skin, and it gets oily. I hope it's not rosecia, or anything like that. And the redness is not blemishes by the way. It always get small bumps as well. Is there anything I can do without going to the dermatologist? And if not, how much do you believe I would have to save up? Since I would have to save up my money before going, enough to get it treated as well. I am completely unaware, whether it be 100's or 1000's.

Well, here is the picture. I warn you though, it is not a pretty site.

Picture:

(http://)img526.imageshack.us/img526/4829/left9en.jpg/

Take out the () when copying and pasting in your browser, since it won't allow links. It's work safe, it's simply a few images of my nose, in close up view.

I appreciate all the help I can get. It means alot to me.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know whereabouts you are, or if you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you, but they sell something called a clean pore nose peel, the brand is Beyond Belief or something like that. It's a hydroxy peel (salicylic acid lactic acid), and also has tea tree oil. I use it once a week because I have an oily nose with large pores, and it really cuts down on the oil and my pores are noticably smaller.

It's also cheap! Like $5! You might also want to consider a clay mask, like the Queen Helene Mint Julep, to help with redness/ oiliness.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I don't know whereabouts you are, or if you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you, but they sell something called a clean pore nose peel, the brand is Beyond Belief or something like that. It's a hydroxy peel (salicylic acid lactic acid), and also has tea tree oil. I use it once a week because I have an oily nose with large pores, and it really cuts down on the oil and my pores are noticably smaller.

It's also cheap! Like $5! You might also want to consider a clay mask, like the Queen Helene Mint Julep, to help with redness/ oiliness.

That sounds amazing, but does that cause any irritation? I heard that peels usually aggravate the redness as well. Is that true for this product as well? Perhaps it will also help with my redness?
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Since I did see the pictures, I think it is safe to say that you have massive clogged pores and they are infected. I do think the trick is to get them clean first. Which may mean some manual extractions. You will want to work on that slowly though. I would start with a mild cleanser to clean the pores. An asprin mask will help draw out some of the impurities. Take a warm wash cloth, or do it when you get out of the shower, apply a little pressure to see if you can clean out your pores a little. Not to much though, don't cause to much damage. Use a good drawing mask. I like the Indian Aztec mask or Mint Julp. mask. Then apply neosporin or polysproin (sp) to the spots that are really red. You may need to do this for a few days to see results, but you will see them.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
My nose is initially red after I peel it off (and be warned that it is a tiny bit ouchy when you peel it off), but it lasts a minimal amount of time (maybe 20 minutes). I have sensitive skin, and this is a pretty gentle peel. I think it will help with your redness, as it decreases the redness I have in the creases by my nostrils.

I think this would be a good start for you, as it's mild. You might also want to look for an alcohol free toner with witch hazel (very calming!).
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Since I did see the pictures, I think it is safe to say that you have massive clogged pores and they are infected. I do think the trick is to get them clean first. Which may mean some manual extractions. You will want to work on that slowly though. I would start with a mild cleanser to clean the pores. An asprin mask will help draw out some of the impurities. Take a warm wash cloth, or do it when you get out of the shower, apply a little pressure to see if you can clean out your pores a little. Not to much though, don't cause to much damage. Use a good drawing mask. I like the Indian Aztec mask or Mint Julp. mask. Then apply neosporin or polysproin (sp) to the spots that are really red. You may need to do this for a few days to see results, but you will see them.

Thank you for your reply,

First and foremost, it doesn't feel like it's infected. In the sense that even after using nasal strips, and cleansers, nothing about it hurts, as acne usually does. Should I still go ahead with the process to see how it is?
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
My nose is initially red after I peel it off (and be warned that it is a tiny bit ouchy when you peel it off), but it lasts a minimal amount of time (maybe 20 minutes). I have sensitive skin, and this is a pretty gentle peel. I think it will help with your redness, as it decreases the redness I have in the creases by my nostrils.

I think this would be a good start for you, as it's mild. You might also want to look for an alcohol free toner with witch hazel (very calming!).

Thank you Smile I also have a toner which I use, it's the oil of olay toner, it helps alot. I will try the strips if my nose doesn't turn out to have a serious issue such as rosecia or as the above other poster said, it's infected. I am trying to see if anyone else also has opinions on this topic. This problem is driving me crazy, and with a lack of funds and health insurance, it's so hard to scrap the money to go see a derma now. Sad
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
you've definitely got some clogged pores there.

I'm not sure if the redness is infection or irritation from a product that you're using....I'd try some polysporin on the redness...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi xxndnromeoxx
I do agree with lianne, you do have some redness there which to me (and it is hard to tell from pictures) appears to be irritation or infection. It may not hurt, but could be either. I would suggest the polysporin (sp) after you really clean your pores. It will not happen overnight as I have stated before, but I think warm compresses and really trying to get those pores cleaned out will help. Again, if you use a mask (asprin mask is perfect), it could draw out those impurities (if you have them) and could also help "heal" either the irration or clogged pores.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |