Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review of my Mario Badescu Samples
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I have just received my samples a few days ago so I thought I'd provide some feedback:

Enzyme Cleansing Gel
Overall this is a good cleanser - nice scent, smelled like honeydew. It did not leave my skin feeling dry at all, not even the slightest bit. However it didn't leave me feeling particularly clean either - it cleansed my skin, it just didn't leave me with a "clean" feeling. Would repurchase ONLY if I run out of cleansers - which would probably never happen.

Special Cucumber Lotion
I could smell the alcohol from this, I didn't like the feeling of it either. It wasn't particularly drying but if I continued to use tihs it would've been. I don't like astringents, I like toners, this one is more like an astringent. After I used this I wanted to get rid of it so I used my regular toner. I found that it left a RESIDUE on my skin - after I swiped with my regular toner it was YELLOW (the lotion is a bright lemon yellow). Now you might think of course it was yellow, you just applied it. Ok, after 5 hours my skin was starting to oil up so I used my liquid cleanser + toner in one to touch up. I swiped my face with a cotton pad and LOW AND BEHOLD once again YELLOW came off my face. Toner is supposed to cleanse my skin, not stick to it and leave a film. Definitely throwing this in the cabinet of discarded samples.

Collagen Moisturizer SPF 15
I'm not sure why I got this, I can think of several moisturizers in the MB line that are more suited to my age/skin. I gave this sample to my mom.

Hyaluronic Eye Cream
Once again, not sure why I got this but I tried it anyways. I never use eye creams as they give me milia (my eyes are naturally slightly oily on there own, even my eyelids). So I gave it a go and used it as directed, it absorbed quickly but I found apart from it being moisturizing, it was useless. Not something I would continue use of IN CASE it would give me milia (something I'd rather not risk unless it had amazing benefits). The sides of my eyes got slightly oily during the day more than usual as well. Then I read on the MB website that this is just a moisturizing light weight eye cream, no claims that it does anything apart from moisturize. Not something I need.

Drying Cream
This is definitely not a bad acne product. It seems to be effective but it DOES leave the skin around my blemish flaky and for that reason I will not purchase. I don't have a problem with the smell, actually I don't find that it smells bad at all and the smell is very faint. I also don't particularly like the texture, I find the clay base makes my skin feel more oily (since it doesn't get absorbed as well). Also it leaves my skin feeling sort of thick when I apply moisturizer over top as it makes me feel as if I have a film on my face. I don't find this a good product to wear in the AM on top of moisturizer as it enhances any dry areas you may have. But at night because I use my Decleor balms I found it more difficult to spread the balms after this product as well. Btw, I applied this to my affected AREAS instead of spot treat. I think I'll still use this once in a while at night since it is still an overall good acne treatment.

Drying Mask
This is the only product that I would consider purchasing. I found this to be the most effective overnight acne treatment. The texture is better as it is lighter than my PSF acne mud for that purpose as my PSF MAY flake during the night. PSF feels dryer as well because there's more clay to it. The colour in the drying mask is also more appealing. Once again I don't mind the smell, it still smells better than Proactiv's Refining Mask. I am going to continue using this product everynight as an overnight acne treatment now and searching for more samples of this once my sample is used up (if it ever will). For a mask I would prefer my PSF as it has more EOs and Botanicals to benefit my skin, it also smells better. I doubt I'd be buying a full size of this though as 2oz is WAY too big for spot treatments, it'll take me too many years to use up.

Also wanted to mentioned that I emailed an MB consultant regarding some acne products. I emailed the one who stapled their business card to my skincare regime brochure. I asked her whether there was a product I can use as an all-purpose acne product as some of you know, MB acne products are specific to the TYPE of acne (whiteheads, cysts, bumps). I want one that kills all so I don't have to buy 3 different products. I also asked her about the silver powder and told her that I understand it's used for blackheads and whether it would be useful for those "seed" type "whiteheads".
The answer I got from her was that buffering lotion could be used but it may be too drying to only use every other night (since it's already deemed to be drying I will not try as my skin will breakout MORE if it ever starts to peel). This was a fine answer, though she could've given me more detail on the other acne products as my email was more detailed. However she didn't answer my question about the silver powder at all. She wrote me back a one sentence answer saying "silver powder is for blackheads". I wonder if she READ my whole email. This isn't very good customer service in my opinion. I was at one point considering a purchase of the silver powder to give it a try if she had answered my question, but now obviously I will not be purchasing.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Despite the consultation, I feel their samples are "hit or miss." I actually tested it twice, had one consultation with samples sent to my office, the other to my home, and they actually sent different samples though I answered the questions the same way. (The cleanser was the same, but one order had the Special Cucumber Lotion, the other the plain Cucumber toner).

I use the Special Cucumber lotion, but only to remove my silver powder (which is at night).

I've heard bad things about their customer service at their spa...there have been many folks that have had rude dealings during their facials and the like. Terrible for a spa to do that.

The Drying Cream is truly a staple for me. It's the only acne product, besides the persa-gel (which I don't use anymore) I've ever purchased more than once.
I've recently started to use the glycolic gel underneath the drying cream (wash with Yon-Ka gel nettoyant, then glycolic gel, then drying cream) and the next morning (like this morning!) my face is much less red and my blemishes are diminished. I do have the buffering lotion and drying lotion. I don't think I'd buy the buffering lotion again, I might. But I'll definately always have a bottle of the drying lotion on hand. It's the best for whiteheads, or after you've removed a whitehead...takes 'em away super fast!

I totally agree about the enzyme cleansing gel. I really tried to get into this cleanser, especially with all the great reviews on MUA, but you are exactly right when your face just doesn't feel clean afterwards. I'd end up pulling out my old cleanser to rewash my face.

They suggested the ceramide eye gel for me, which was terrible. It didn't soak in at all...ugh. I woke up the next morning with goop all over my eyes and pillow.

If you find yourself still wanting to try the silver powder, I suggest you do. I love it.
But I know bad CS can really ruin an experience with a company. Sad

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |