Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

lactillus acidophilus - Just try it for acne!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi All, My computer timed out last time I tried to post this, so here it is in brief. I tried acidP after a black uk actress recommended it after suffreing years of acne problems. My skin settled within a week and I was able to simply concentrate on looking after blemishes in the ensuing months. No one prodcut has helped my spot problems like acidophilus. Of course my current problems documented earlier are down to stopping using my normal 'pure' acidP and changing to to a chewable mix type. Basically, I take two capsules a day (90 mg lactillus acidophilus culture) Give it a try - sopme of you may thank me in the future. Good Luck
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Is this the one that people take for digestive problems? If so, I had no idea that it could help with acne. Sounds like it good be really good.

A few of us are taking Zinc to help with skin healing of blemishes, etc.
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Yup it is MajorB. I only had bad acne from about 17 -20 then 'spot issues' onwards in a bad skin/good skin cycle for about 10 years afterwards. Acidophilus has had by far the single biggest effect in terms of reducing my spot problems. Again, aside from the current blemishes AcidP has given me great skin quality.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Hello
Do you mind expanding this topic since you all know so much. Any side effects, where do you get Acidophilus? Quick results? What type of skin problems did it help, white heads, black heads, cysts? thanks for your help
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I've been taking it on and off for 20 yrs. after mega doses of antibiotics for acne in my 20's. It helps keep your immune system in balance. Also, I haven't had any probs w/ traveling to foreign countries and eating the food there. It does help your skin stay clear and your digestive track more regular. I give it to my hubby as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR- There are so many different ones on the market. Which one do you use? Thanks.
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
It's not an acne treatment like a cream for example. It's a natural supplement so minimal side effects. You would just have to see if it works for you! All I know is it 100% works for me with just two capsules a day.
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I buy from Holland and Barrett (health shop) in the UK. check the mg amount in the first post.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
So many choices: Does anyone know if one is better than the other?

Acidophilis Acidophilus With Pectin

Acidophilis Acidophilus With Bifidus

Acidophilis Acidophilus With Pectin

Acidophilis Mega Acidophilus With Psyllium

Acidophilis Mega Acidophilus With Psyllium

Acidophilis Vita-Acidophilus (350 MG)

Acidophilis Acidophilus Strawberry

Acidophilis Acidophilus Blueberry

Acidophilis Acidophilus (100 MG)
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Acidophilus With Pectin (90 mg Lactobacillus Acidophilus) works for me. Not sure about others all I know is the chewable (fruit mix stuff )messed things up for me.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I did some research on line and wanted to mention that careful on the kind you choose. I did find the Acidophilus w/ Pectin 100MG, but if you look at some of the others, they contain 10MG of Acidophilus and 150 MG of apple pectin. So I would suspect (I don't know though) that if it is truly the Acidophilus that is clearing the skin, than the 10MG would not be enough???
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
beej I take the same one as you from Holland & Barrett, I have found it has worked wonders on noth my skin and my stomach.
My digestive system is lot better now Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
My probiotic Acidophilus is made by Puritan's Pride. I order all my vits (other than the HA) from there. It is 10 mg (which contains 100 millon active lactobacelli) and contains silica.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
So how long do you all think it takes to "kick" into your system and you could possibly see results>?
beej
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
See first post!
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have been taking acidophilus orally for many months for IBS and I just had to make an appointment to the dermatologist because my acne has returned with a vengeance on my chin. I look awful and feel accordingly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Acidophilus is excellent for improving the health of your entire body.

It definitely helps with acne and so many other problems as well!

Go to Whole Foods or a health food store, get the one's that are kept in the fridge. They are more potent and still "living".

Eating fermented foods like Kim Chee and Saurkraut are also beneficial.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am a strong believer in Probiotics (acidophilus). My husband and I both take them daily. I even give them to my two Scottie dogs. Embarassed My daughter swears it helps control her breakouts.

Benefits of Probiotics:

decreases incidence of digestive ailments
improves digestive functions
improves bowel function
decreases incidence of stomach ailments
increases nutritional absorption
improves appetite (don't need this)
decreases incidence of bloating/heartburn
decreases incidence of constipation/diarrhea
decreases presence of yeast infection
decreases incidence of certain infections
improves liver function
improves circulatory function
improves joint and muscle function
improves resistance to allergies
improves sleep functions
improves vitamin synthesis
increases lactose tolerance
increases energy
decreases incidence of oral cavity infections
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Looks like another trip to Holland & Barrett's this weekend. The girls there must think it's my second home. Laughing
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
can I just add, since it's a live culture my herbalist told me to keep it in the fridge, I do wonder about the pills which mixed with vits etc and left on the shelf Confused

5% products discount

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
This is one of the most positive responses on a product on this forum. Like I said it's worth a go because there will only something to gain.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |