Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BE at EDS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, this is something that I've been wondering about for awhile, so I'm just gonna ask if anyone knows. Does anyone know why EDS does not sell Bare Escentuals online? There's the link for it, and I think I remember at one time they had a set of glimmers up under the "glimmers and shadows" link, but now it always says "visit our spa to purchase." I just think it would be great if I could buy it here, with the forum discount I receive and everything!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
you need to login as a registered user to buy BE.. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm logged in to my EDS account but it still says to "visit our spa to purchase" when I go click on the links.

Confused

I'd totally buy it from EDS!

Maybe it's just not sold to the US?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
that must be new...i just ordered BE last month....strange.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
You have to login to your account (on the bottom of EDS's home page) to see the price. I think you're confused with login to the forum and your account. I'm in US, I just login to my account and I can see BE's price.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
No...I log into my EDS account...it's the only way I can load stuff into my shopping cart.
But when I go to BE...it says to visit the spa.

I'm logged in and everything.
I know that the forum is separate from the EDS site for login.

I'll try again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Still didn't work

Went to EDS home page.
Went to the bottom of the page to login
Went to login screen (password and stuff is saved so I just have to hit "log in")
This brought me to "my account information" where I can see my last order, etc.
Went straight to the Bare Escentuals link on the left.
Clicked on Foundations link

The only thing that came up was "Visit our spa to purchase"

My Shopping cart with items and everything was at the top right of the screen like normal.
But I can't get to the BE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is very strange!!! hmm hmm hmm I just went through the exactly steps as you did and, Yes, I saw "Visit our spa to purchase" but below it were BE items. Try to scroll down your screen to see if you can see any item at all. If not, I guess you need to PM Magda to see if there's a bug in EDS system.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I tried again and scrolled down, but nothing was there. Not one glimmer or mineral veil. Crying or Very sad

Maybe it's something with my account, it's just not connecting correctly or something.

I'll have to figure it out...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Me too, I'm definitely logged it and I just noticed the same thing tonight. The exact same thing appears on my screen about the spa. Would be a shame because I would also buy it online.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
It's fixed today! There's loads of BE items up at EDS now!

I logged in, went to the link, and they all popped up. Honestly, I don't know if I always logged in beforehand, but it seems like I would have when I was shopping....

Well, I'm happy now!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Not for me...except the only thing it looks like I can buy is the Get Started Kit in medium...it's the only product that appears for me.

All of the other categories give me the same ol' Visit our spa to purchase.

Weird. hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is very strange!!! hmm hmm hmm I just went through the exactly steps as you did and, Yes, I saw "Visit our spa to purchase" but below it were BE items. Try to scroll down your screen to see if you can see any item at all. If not, I guess you need to PM Magda to see if there's a bug in EDS system.

that's what i got last night too. Perhaps it depends on when you registered with the spa??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika: I know why you could not see any BE items. BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED THEM!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
I don't want to buy BE but I thought I would have a look to see what I saw and I cannot see any products either, just the Visit The Spa etc. I am sure that I used to be able to see the products. Perhaps there has been a change in policy with BE and only those who have purchased the line previously are able to see the products to repurchase.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
I have to take back what I just said. I had logged into my account earlier and just assumed I was still logged in but I went to check my basket just after I looked at BE and there was nothing there so I realised that while I was reading the forum, I must have been logged out of my account. I can see all the BE items.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I too am having the same problem with this. I wanted to compare the prices of BE to that in the UK, but it's all empty. Surprised

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
As I understand it, the reason some of us (me included) can't see the BE product info is due to a software program that EDS uses to try to identify where we are located (the program gives a geolocation script, based on IP address I think). In that way, we see the EDS shopping page that is more relevant to us. Those in the US should see prices in US dollars, those in Canada will see them in Canadian dollars, etc. Outside NA, I believe it's left in Cdn dollars.

I imagine there's some kind of restriction re: who EDS can sell BE products to - *maybe* they cannot sell outside NA, or even outside Canada. (Just the way Jan Marini puts restrictions on their re-sellers -- US spas/stores cannot ship into Canada as a way to protect distributers). So rather than disappoint people, they probably prefer people contact EDS directly.

Unfortunately, the software is not perfect at determining locations. What I suggest is that you call or email EDS (or use live help) if you're interested in the BE products and can't see the info. They can tell you if you're eligible to buy Smile or the product is not available.

BTW, this is the reason quite a few of us couldn't see the banner re: the 20% promotion last June! (And this is why I can tell you the likely reason for this problem now Smile )

HTH
Montrealgal
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
P.S.
Forgot to mention that some companies (like Jan Marini again) have policies where they don't want the prices listed automatically. For instance, on US sites, you have to be a registered user to see the price or contact the spa directly (as with EDS).

(Not picking on JM - I just happened to have checked out the product on-line and also spoke with a company rep.)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |