Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair Scrunchers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've given up on my hair for the summer.... it has a natural wave that's next to impossible to avoid in this humidity, even with blow drying with a round brush. So I've taken to scrunching my hair when it's wet (using my fingers for the top and a towel at the bottom). I only have some cheap drugstore brand scrunch spray - the name of which escapes me - and it works decently but leaves my hair feeling very sticky. Any good recommendations for a scrunching spray out there? TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about a spray but I use ISO's Bouncy Creme. I put a bit on my palms - rub together and scrunch on my hair - revives my permed curls very naturally with NO frizz whatsoever. It's not sticky at all and has a very light consistency. It doesn't make my hair crunchy or anything - just very natural looking curls.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
WHere do you order ISO?

I know what I don't recommend...Frederic Fekkai Wave creating spray.

Can ONLY be used on dry hair and it made my hair sticky and gunky. Swapped it on MUA to a gal who absolutely loved it though. It just wasn't for me.

But I do love other FF products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't order. Luckily I live in Vancouver where TONS of store carry this brand. MUA raves about this product as well - but apparently a lot of MUAers have trouble finding this as well. It also comes in a convenient plastic pump bottle - and was even recently on sale! If you really want to try give me a PM and I'll see if I can help Smile
uninspiredstar
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
LandB wrote:
I've given up on my hair for the summer.... it has a natural wave that's next to impossible to avoid in this humidity, even with blow drying with a round brush. So I've taken to scrunching my hair when it's wet (using my fingers for the top and a towel at the bottom). I only have some cheap drugstore brand scrunch spray - the name of which escapes me - and it works decently but leaves my hair feeling very sticky. Any good recommendations for a scrunching spray out there? TIA!

I've been having the same problem and got tired of straightening my hair this summer. Anyway, I know it's not a spray, but I've been using the Aveda Retexturizing Gel with a couple drops of Smoothing Fluid mixed together. If I don't add the Smoothing Fluid, it can be kinda crunchy(?). Afterwards, I blow dry with a diffuser. HTH.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes, LandB, my hair is the same way. I could stand all day in front of the mirror trying to blow dry it and it will never get dry, and on the chance that it does, it will look something akin to a dried out afro. You know what's a good product? Frizz-Ease Dream Curls. It's a spray, and it leaves curls defined and soft. In fact, I need to pick some up today! Another good trick is to coat your hands with a creme (Fekkai glossing creme, or just anything as long as it's not exclusively for straightening as it would be too stiff) and take random pieces of your hair twist them up to your head, let them go and then just let them air dry. You'll get a nice tendril-y look.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui- Does SDM or Walmart carry ISO? Thanks.
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use frizz-ease mousse, but it left my hair crunchy, and I recently switched to Tresemme touchable curls shaping milk, and it leaves my hair more natural. It's really cheap, too (less than $4). It's in a pump, though, not a spray.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:37 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
sormuimui- Does SDM or Walmart carry ISO? Thanks.

No, tons of places means tons of salons or almost any store that sells ONLY hair products. In Van for example you can find it at zennkai or mega hair salon - in metrotown or richmond center. I would try Richmond center as a best bet. Richmond Center also has another store that sells this brand near the Grand and toY location (G&T isn't there anymore but it's off the corner of The Body Shop). They also sell it at the hair product store on the 2nd level of Yaohan, also in Richmond. Many salons also carry this brand.
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I don't really bother too much with hair product any more when styling my hair curly as it a minefield and I spent too much money trying to find the HG. I have for a while just put some good old fashioned mousse in my hair, then started with the undersection (pin the rest of the hair up) and get section of hair and twist around your finger until its tight then let go. Do this all over your head. Leave to dry naturally and you get tons of lovely ringlets! Its a really good trick and once you get the hang of it takes about 10 minutes. I always get lots of compliments when I do this. (Only works if your hair is naturally curly though) It is really great on my frizzy, thick hair.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |