Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Queene Helene Mint Julip
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been dying to try this for so long but couldn't find it in Canada. I was in the states and walked into sally beauty supply and found a 12oz tub for $5!

My skin is pretty sensitive and reactive but I had no problems with this mask. A couple of my friends used it too and while we didn't see any 'WOW' results the mask felt nice and made our skin smooth. I do wonder if it's just toothpaste in a tub with some sulfur mixed in. *L*

I'll repurchase b/c it's cheap. I wouldn't spend a lot of money to get my hands on it though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lianne, where in Canada do you live? I know of two places in Toronto that carries that Mask.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I live just outside of Vancouver, BC. I emailed queen helene and they told me the london drugs near me sells it but i never found it there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
That mask is really hard to find (or any of the other Queen Helene Masks). I've been to so many health food stores in Toronto and only found two locations that carry it. If you're ever in Toronto, The Big Carrot and Noah's Natural Foods (Yonge/Eglinton location) carries it. The price is about $7.50.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
the only place I could find it near Vancouver is the Wholefood in West Vancouver. I have been to Choice Market and Capers which carry some natural skincare lines, but with no success
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I'va always been scared to try the Mint Julep, though it sounds wonderful, because I have dry skin and it seems like it would be drying. I LOVE the Oatmeal n' Honey scrub, though.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased this off the rave reviews on this site. I love the insightful information and suggestions for better skin, why is it with me though...when I spend the money and invest in good quality products, I end up hating them and my skin ends up hating them. When all else fails I go back to the drugstore finds of clerasil or Oxy and my face is clear and behaves. I bought this mask and have been using off and one for a couple weeks. NOTHING, I mean NOTHING special. I read on MUA that it dries zits in a matter of days. UMM not me! Still the same ol zit. This mask feels nice and cool and refreshing...but had no results on me
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
It's a really good, cheap drying mask that's great to spot treat some areas. Even though I have quite oily skin I find it too drying to sometimes use on some areas of my face but it's definitely a good mask to have on hand. I had some samples of the Korres masks and they do a Chlorophyll one which isn't as drying as Queen Helen.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
It's a really good, cheap drying mask that's great to spot treat some areas. Even though I have quite oily skin I find it too drying to sometimes use on some areas of my face but it's definitely a good mask to have on hand. I had some samples of the Korres masks and they do a Chlorophyll one which isn't as drying as Queen Helen.

I have oily skin too. I would use the mask for consecutive days on the affected areas (acne prone areas) only and not all over the face. That should minimize the dryness.
girlblue
5% products discount

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use to have super oily skin. But now, as I've aged, i'm only oily in the Tzone.

This product did nothing for me. Techinically, it's so cheap that it's not a big deal. But it's still a waste of $5. Wouldn't repurchase.
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this mask on and off for years. Certainly, I am lured into trying others but always come back to this one. I have slightly oily, mature skin and am often plagued with blackheads. This mask makes a visible difference in the way my skin looks and feels.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I use this on my nose every morning (if I have the time) and it greatly reduces the visible size of my pores. I just wish it would last longer than a day Sad .

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
If you're looking to try this out, I found a 2oz tube for 50 cents in a Wal-Mart on a trip to the US a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone know -- will this masque help with hormonal pimples? The tube says it for acne pimples... Confused
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Someone said there were other Aunt Helene masques... Can anyone comment on their effectiveness re: skin types and conditions?

Thanks!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I like these masks. They have simple ingredients and work well alone or with mix ins. I've used the "Egg yolk" one it is a little softer texture then the Mint Julep.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine from a health food store. Or ladies why not just order on line if you can't find it. They have a great website of all their products. Just search it on Google.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
I got mine from a health food store. Or ladies why not just order on line if you can't find it. They have a great website of all their products. Just search it on Google.

Are you referring to thewww.queenhelene.com website? I've browsed that site before (I couldn't find the Egg Yolk Mask in Toronto), the prices are decent but shipping to Canada is very nasty. It's very unfortunate. Sad
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hadn't realized Yen. The health food store ordered the Queen Helene mask in for me for $4.00. So I'm not sure whether shipping & handling was factored into that cost.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think most people in Canada end up getting it from a health food store.

I got mine from S & H (a chain in Ontario). Most health food stores will also order in products if you ask.

This mask is available at Sally's stores in Ontario (if you have one near by.)

I still use it. I tend to use more for a spot treatment than an actual full size mask.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Hadn't realized Yen. The health food store ordered the Queen Helene mask in for me for $4.00. So I'm not sure whether shipping & handling was factored into that cost.

Wow, that is an amazing mask for that price. I've been purchasing the mask for $7.50 at either the Big Carrot or Noah's Natural Foods (both in Toronto). S&H sells the scrubs for $6.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |