Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Help!!! I need to know if anyone has reversed fine wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm at my wits end. I've taken care of my skin...worn sunscreen for atleast 12 yrs. I'm getting fine lines on my face and I'm only 34. Has anyone been able to reverse fine wrinkles. I use vitamin C, copper peptides, tazorac, and the Bioclear Lotion. If anyone has any suggestions...I'd seriously appreciate it. Thanks.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've reversed fairly deep lines. It was a three year process including a good fat no bad carb diet, lot's of water and face exercises.
I also take a host of supplements. The only topicals that really got rid of lines were glycolic acid peels followed by healing things (o2 Serum and peptides). I've recently started using Remergent DNA Repair and that has helped my under eyes somewhat.

The only thing that really noticably got the lines was peel and heal.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried using a retinoid like Retin-A or Renova? You are just slightly younger than the "normal" age when most start using it (35 or so). Retin-A is the jumbo jet of anti-wrinkle creams. Check out PubMed for the slew of publications that show it is particularly effective at reversing fine wrinkles. You do have to start slowly to give your skin time to adjust to it and you have to use sunscreen religiously the first couple months when your skin is more sun sensitive. Eventually you can increase frequency of use. It takes about six months to see results but you do see them and they are nice!

Laser treatments (peel and heal Smile is also a way to go though more expensive and there is the down time to suffer through...
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sharky. I had just pmed you. So...The things that helped most were the peels and the copper peptides? Did you use the copper peptides right after the peel? What was the percentage of the peel? Was the copper more effective or the o2 serum? Did you use them together? (sigh)...And where did you get the DNA Repair? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you soooo much!!!!!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40,

So you like the Renova? I use a prescription retinoid called tazorac. I need to do a search on the renova. Thank you...much appreciated.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Did you have these lines before you started using all these actives or after?

Personally if it was after, I'd be inclined to drop all of them and just use natural oils to see if my skin just recovered on it's own for a few weeks - difficult though I know.

I mean, you're very young to be suffering from this, it just occurs to me that maybe it's one of the actives that is detrimental to you or a combination of too many.

Molly
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...that's certainly something to think about...I started using all these actives when I started seeing the lines come up on the left side of my face. I do agree that some active might be detrimental...I'm not sure. I sometimes wonder about the cp serum....some days my skin looks great with it....other days? Well, let's just say today is considered an "other day." Thanks Molly,you're right the thought of dropping them is scarey though.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I remember we talked before about the CPs. I think you said you drop them for a few days and then return and Dr Pickart has told you that you should exfoliate more.

After reading lots of stuff lately I would say Dr P's wrong. He seems to insist that his CPs work for everyone and it simply isn't true. I reckon that other doctor Dr Todorov of smartskincare could well be right in his theory that some people are either hyper-sensitive to CPs and/or too high a level causes free copper in the skin.

This makes sense to me, particularly because you said the original CPs did you a lot of good and after Skinbio's you started to see the lines if I remember rightly. Skinbio's CPs are designed to adhere far longer to the skin and Dr P (naturally) claims this is an advantage, but I reckon it could be detrimental in some people. They don't break down quickly like the Neova ones. And you don't hear people complaining of the uglies with Neova.

So it seems to me that you moved from a very mild dose of CPs which suited you and these second generation which are stronger and longer lasting really don't.

Why don't you just entirely drop the CPs for an entire skin cycle at least?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

I actually started using the Neova after I saw some fine lines. I had read the article that Dr. Todorov had written about how damaged collagen ages quicker and thought maybe the Neova could help with the fine lines and the scars.
The iffy part of dropping the cp's is that some days my skin actually looks great! I don't know.
I do agree that cp's do not work for everyone. At one point when I had talked to Dr. Pickart he had suggested using a higher level of cp's Shock I thought to myself I can't control how my skin looks with the cp serum how am I suppose to move up to the super cp?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
At one point when I had talked to Dr. Pickart he had suggested using a higher level of cp's
What can you say Rolling Eyes
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
yeah thats about when I started freaking out over my lines...DONT! they arent going to triple overnight and I figure by the time you are 38 there will be even more amazing stuff out there (for us to ohh and ahh over)...I started having some mild peels (little down time) and microdermabrasion ....just keep out of the sun use peels or good peeling masks a few times a week(I have been reading on the forum about Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel ...seems like it really works) and perhaps go with the latest peptides that promote collagen and gently feeze facial movement...Amino Genesis Photolagen- is great and for a good topical 'freezer' I love PSF BrowTox Wrinkle Relaxer. I think they work better than C creams and copper (been through all of those) but having said that you could use your fav vit c cream over those as they are serums.... ...ahh the joys of being a woman! Laughing I just hit 40 and started noticing some sagging...yikes! (talk about panic!) Surprised
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
Laughing I just hit 40 and started noticing some sagging...yikes! (talk about panic!) Surprised

Anna, Have you tried Tripetitnon from Amino Genesis? It is supposed to target at this problem. I love it !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
Anna, Have you tried Tripetitnon from Amino Genesis? It is supposed to target at this problem. I love it !!

no but I am going to order it! sounds really great!!! so glad you said this as I was wondering if I should get that or lift fusion when it comes....but I think I will go with the tripeptinon....do you use it just at night?...oooh now I cant wait to order it....thinking of getting 2 then have to decide what to spend 40 dollars on....(free shipping over 200).... Razz
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Yes Molly I know. I had to do a double take. I kept thinking...he really couldn't have said that but that was one suggestion.

Annachan,

I was wondering about the Aminogenesis! What have you seen it do with lines?
I will look into the Juice Beauty...

Thank you all...
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:

Annachan,

I was wondering about the Aminogenesis! What have you seen it do with lines?
I will look into the Juice Beauty...

Thank you all...

yes it has worked for sure....my skin improved...and everytime I stopped (to try something else) I noticed that a few weeks after having stopped my fine lines began re-appearing....its good value too as it lasts for ages...but be generous as I noticed that if you do use a little more it seems to work better (a little goes a long way so you may not use as much as you actually need) Very Happy
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
your fines re-appeared after you started using the Aminogenesis? That sounds great to me. I did a search but still haven't made up my mind.
Some said they really liked it and others didn't seem to see any improvement. I'm wondering if anyone else would like to share about the Photologen?

Thank you annachan!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
your fines re-appeared after you started using the Aminogenesis? That sounds great to me. I did a search but still haven't made up my mind.
Some said they really liked it and others didn't seem to see any improvement. I'm wondering if anyone else would like to share about the Photologen?

Thank you annachan!

they re-appeared when I stopped (I think you meant that ...) I guess it depends on how many wrinkles someone has and what their expectations are..and like I said if you dont use enough you may not get the results as it spreads very easily you may be tempted to use just one pump for eg and it wont give the same results.I think for fine lines it would be really good and keep your skin in good strong condition for the future (with the amino acids) also with PSF they have the brow tox (aregeline) which ' relax muscle contractions in the face that cause deep lining ' so starting that early is probably a good idea...I really have noticed a huge improvement using these types of new amino acid/peptides also it contains Matrixyl which stimulates your skin to produce collagen....
so many products huh? enough to drive you mad and certainly to confusion...and it never ends! Rolling Eyes
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree. I don't want to buy another product that I may not use....I found a bottle of the Photologen at a beauty supply close to home. I couldn't get a straight answer how long they had it. It was around $30. with a discount. They only had two left. When I asked the salesgirl why it was so low she stated that they were trying to get rid of it. Now the question is....how long is the shelf-life of matrixyl and the amino acids?
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:23 am      Reply with quote
oooh good question...but probably longer than vit c .... hmm
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
yeah, I don't want to buy an old product...that's not going to help my skin.
I did e-mail Aminogenesis...when I find out I'll post it on the forum.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

It's been over a year since I posted that thread. My skin looks better...the lines have diminished. My current regimen is using the Super GHK 2x a day, lactic acid 2x a week, and tazorac 3x's a week. For my moisturizer, I used PSF's Balancing Lotion with Sea Kelp that I add in. I also use the Svr SPF 50 sunscreen and the Glycolix SPF 30. I mix them and reapply during the day. I then top it all off with Alima mineral makeup.

There are 3 lines that are deeper than the rest, but the other ones have diminished. Very Happy I also take MSM, a B complex vitamin, Vitamin C Ester, and an omega 3 vitamin.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
In the last 8 months, I actually HAVE reversed fine lines without use of surgery, botox or visits to a derm/esthetician. My move to more natural/organic products both within and without has contributed to these improvements immensely.

Creases on my neck are much shallower than they were, just like the creases on my forehead. They're not completely gone, mind you, but the appearance has really diminished. My chest area was starting to look a little crepey last November but that has virtually disappeared. Creases at the corner of my eye have gotten much shallower as well, all due to a combination of what I use both interally and externally.

Internal - multi-vitamins, antioxidants, MSM, Omega 3-6-9, tons of water and green tea. I also eat a lot of fruit/veggies.

External - combo bha/aha, pumpkin/mud masks, EpidermxII, Janson Beckett AlphadermaCE, camellia oil, topical VitC and VitA serums, silk/pearl products - everything below my siggie has contributed enormously to keeping pores clean and small, reducing breakouts, controlling oil and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.

You know, when I was in my 20's I used to think I would age gracefully. Now that I'm in my 40's I intend to battle against it with every weapon in my arsenal! Laughing

And the kicker? I smoke and drink coffee, my concession to small vices... Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi all!

It's been over a year since I posted that thread. My skin looks better...the lines have diminished. My current regimen is using the Super GHK 2x a day, lactic acid 2x a week, and tazorac 3x's a week. For my moisturizer, I used PSF's Balancing Lotion with Sea Kelp that I add in. I also use the Svr SPF 50 sunscreen and the Glycolix SPF 30. I mix them and reapply during the day. I then top it all off with Alima mineral makeup.

There are 3 lines that are deeper than the rest, but the other ones have diminished. Very Happy I also take MSM, a B complex vitamin, Vitamin C Ester, and an omega 3 vitamin.

I started reading the thread and realized your first post was from 2006 Shock . From what you wrote dehydrated skin came to mind immediately. Glad to hear you have added moisture to your routine. Sounds like you have had much improvement in the past year. Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
In the last 8 months, I actually HAVE reversed fine lines without use of surgery, botox or visits to a derm/esthetician. My move to more natural/organic products both within and without has contributed to these improvements immensely.

Creases on my neck are much shallower than they were, just like the creases on my forehead. They're not completely gone, mind you, but the appearance has really diminished. My chest area was starting to look a little crepey last November but that has virtually disappeared. Creases at the corner of my eye have gotten much shallower as well, all due to a combination of what I use both interally and externally.

Internal - multi-vitamins, antioxidants, MSM, Omega 3-6-9, tons of water and green tea. I also eat a lot of fruit/veggies.

External - combo bha/aha, pumpkin/mud masks, EpidermxII, Janson Beckett AlphadermaCE, camellia oil, topical VitC and VitA serums, silk/pearl products - everything below my siggie has contributed enormously to keeping pores clean and small, reducing breakouts, controlling oil and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.

You know, when I was in my 20's I used to think I would age gracefully. Now that I'm in my 40's I intend to battle against it with every weapon in my arsenal! Laughing

And the kicker? I smoke and drink coffee, my concession to small vices... Laughing

Ok...how exactly did you do that? The finer lines have dimished but others have gotten deeper. Sad What vitamin C serum do you use? I'm only 35 and I understand wanting to fight the aging process. The lines that really bother me are the ones above my lip. I use to get electrolysis in my teens and early 20's. I've had them since then. I don't smoke...I do get green tea in the morning which I drink from a straw. In some ways my skin looks a little better and in some ways not so good. Sad

Winne,

I was hoping it was dehydrated skin as well, but it was all on the left side of my face (I drive alot to work). It's more sun damage.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:

Ok...how exactly did you do that? The finer lines have dimished but others have gotten deeper. Sad What vitamin C serum do you use? I'm only 35 and I understand wanting to fight the aging process. The lines that really bother me are the ones above my lip. I use to get electrolysis in my teens and early 20's. I've had them since then. I don't smoke...I do get green tea in the morning which I drink from a straw. In some ways my skin looks a little better and in some ways not so good. Sad

hey skincarefreak, the vitamin C serum I currently use is Cellular Skin-RX firming serum, contains 12%. I haven't noticed an improvement by using this, but will continue to use it anyway, if only as a preventative measure Smile I also use PSF 1% retinol; like the Vit C I haven't noticed any improvements but continue to use it as a preventative.

BTW, this may be an urban myth but I seem to recall reading something to the effect that drinking through a straw can contribute to upper lip lines.

HTH!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |