Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
OMG I had a reaction!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I have never in my life had an instant skin reaction to a product (aside from hives from Johnsons baby sunscreen as a toddler Laughing ), but I just had a reaction to a product that I have used before (albeit not regularly, but every so often..)

I had bought some AquaFruit spritzer for DH and he was not using it and so I stuck it in the fridge to use up during summer. I spritzed with it just the other day and marvelled how nice and cool it felt.

I was just did it again and almost immediately my face started to feel hot and it got hotter and hotter. I put a bit of water on my face and then realized it even felt hot. When I looked in the mirrow my cheeks literally right under the orbital bone were bright red and looked sunburnt. Shock

I had no idea what to do, so ran for what gentle, repairing stuff I had on hand - Organic Pharmacy rose cleanser to get the stuff off.. followed by PSF O2 Rescue Serum and then some IS Clinical Hydra Cool...

That was 30 min ago and my face has pretty much cooled down to normal and a lot of the redness has gone. Thank god for 02 serum and hydra cool (which I have now decided to buy a full size of). Laughing

Now I know what everyone with sensitive skins goes through.

For the record, I have a feeling it was the result of using my new Cellex-C Speed Peel last night as i might have been a bit rough on my cheeks (they did look a bit reddened afterwards). Either that or else I am too sensitive to the mint in it, which would be sad as it leaves the skin super smooth and yummy. The Speed Peel box does say that after use any Vit C or glycolic acides must not be applied for at least 12 hours. Well I did mine about 20 hours ago and I guess something in the spritzer was still too much. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Yikes, Tiger_tim! Shock

Hope you are doing better now! I wonder what the ingredients are in that spritzer. I would not consider myself to have 'sensitive skin' either, but I recently made a mask that I believe I added too much rosemary to and wound up with a red face...luckily it was at night. Afterward I ended up having about the same results to it as I did with a strong peel. Embarassed
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you had things on hand to help calm your skin down! That 02 Serum is awesome!

The only thing I can remember having a reaction to was Physician's Formula Mineral Foundation ... made my face all blotchy and a little ichy. It happened at work too, so I had to try to rub off as much as I could without totally washing my whole face! Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
By morning light all is well again, thank goodness, though I dont look at "clear" as normal (but the heat plays a factor in genearl pinkishness and blotchiness for me in summer here).

And, here I was thinking that O2 was not really doing anything for my skin.. well, after last night I will be keeping it on hand. Laughing

Asprin mask gave me a reaction the one time I used it, but it was not till the next day and I had a pin-prick size red dots on my face.

Aquafruit is an Italian line from the brand "Nature's" http://www.natures.it/en/prd/aquafruit/index.html It is not a terribly expensive brand, but it is nice and has nice ingredients. In terms of quality, I would put it at least at the level of RoC for drugstore-ish brands. We have the cleanser, toner and moisturizer (great gel forumla for summer) at our house.

I have just dragged out the box to look at the ingredients to see what might have done it.

water, aloe leae juice, propylene glycol, glycerin, orange fruit water, kiwi fruit water, grapefruit water, sodium PCA, FOS, sodiumm hydroxide, magnesium aspartate, copper gluconate, zinc gluconate, menthyl lactate, grapefruit peel oil, orange oil, orange peel oil., hydrogenated castor oil, benzophenone-4, PRG-26-buteth-26, disodium EDTA, linalool, limonene, potassium sorbate, amyl cinnamal, kexyl cinnamal, phenoxyethanol, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, butylphenyl, methylpropional, citronellol, Ci 1940/yell S, CI42090/blue 1

I wonder if the benzyl salicylate might have been the culprit?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:17 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim, those ingredients sound very acidic and I am not surprised you had a reaction using it within several days of the Cellex C peel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim I think bushy might be on to something with the acidity. The orange and grapefruit oils can also be sensitizing.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |