Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Decleor Essential or Ylang Ylang Balm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I need some advice.
I bought the Decleor Ylang Ylang oil and I am wondering if when I decide to purchase a balm, should I buy the Ylang Ylang to complement it or would that be too much, um, ylang ylang? Laughing

Or should I go with the Essential balm? Or an entirely different balm all together?

I guess I don't understand how each one functions...and I don't want to overdry my face.

I'm really oily on my forehead and t-zone area but if I overdo the products (like blemish cream, drying stuff) it overkills it and my skin goes into overproduction in the oil department.

Any suggestions?
I appreciate you all so much!

TIA!
xoxo
Paris

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
oops...and I have a tendency to break out too...forgot to mention that!

thanks!!!
xoxo!

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:23 am      Reply with quote
That's a tough question! I have a full size Essential Balm but have a sample of the Ylang Ylang balm and have been trying to figure out the difference. I don't think I get the same glow in the morning with the Ylang Ylang (though I am not yet sure of this) but it seems to be decongesting as well. If I were in your shoes I'd go with the Essential Balm seeing as you already have the Ylanf Ylang oil that you can also use. Either way, remember that it's (apparently) not something that can be used continuously.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy!

I think I'll give the Essential Balm a whirl...I don't want to overdry my face by Ylang Ylang overkill!
Thought I might get both...oh dear!
Restraint...restraint... Pray

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have both. I was told by the SA I can use the Ylang Ylang balm daily but the Essential should be used as a weekly treatment. Basically I choose which one I use from the way my skin feels - if it feels more acneic I use ylang ylang, if it just feels congested I use the essential. I haven't even opened my Essential yet - I still have a lot from a sample the SA gave me (she cut a big piece from the tester). I don't think I will ever use up a full size 30mL - so generally it's not expensive at all because I will never need to repurchase Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui...what exactly is congested skin versus a breakout?

I just re-added the ylang ylang balm back to my order.

So much for restraint...but I think my skin should be worth it!

Or perhaps that's my way of justification Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
That's exactly what I asked myself after speaking with the SA. But then to me I just listen to what my skin tells me. Like if I put on a whole day of makeup or near my time of the month and I KNOW I'm bound to break out (or if my skin starts to get slightly bumpy and about to break out) I use YY. But if generally my skin has been feeling good (just the normal congested pores after a long day) I will opt to use the Essential Balm.

The SA also told me that if I feel the Essential Balm is too much you can use it as a treatment after exfoliation. For example it would be particularly useful after I use my JB Apple Peel if I used my Essential balm, leave it on for 5 min or so and then just wipe with toner (don't need to rinse again). The SA says this way your skin will better absorb the balm because your pores are still open from the exfoliation. But if you do it this way I wouldn't use the YY balm on the same day as it might be overkill.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |