Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do any of you smokers out there want to quit?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Yay for you gals!

I'm still in hte first month, though I had a couple when I met a friend for a drink. I'm not missing them unless I'm in hte pub (roll on banning smoking in pubs!) and I haven't got hugely fat. Yet Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl

I'm expecting Alan Carr's book in a few days. I'd like to get on the non-smokers train when I finish it. How is it going for you?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Congrats to all of you who have quit and also to those who have tried.

I have managed to overcome a few obstacles in my life and smoking by far has been the hardest!! Hang in there and think of yourself as a NON-SMOKER, even if you aren't but would like to be!! Invision yourself and your life how you would like it to be. Very Happy

Smoke/Devil-free for 9mos. now Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I don't smoking and I hate smoking,but so many people around me like smoking,I'm so frustrated.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I haven't read through this whole topic, but I wanted to add that me and hubby are on day three of not smoking. We have both quit numerous times before, but really want to be completely done with it this time. My mother quit two weeks ago (her longest quit yet) because she has COPD and her doctor told her that she would be on oxygen within two years if she doesn't stop. The whole family has kind of quit together; my sister first, then my mother, with DH and I lagging behind. So far it's okay, but I have been sick with cold and flu for the past four days. The last thing on my mind is smoking Surprised I just want to feel better.

Tina
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, anyone know how rileygirl is getting on with her stopping smoking ??.

I smoked from the age of 15,I am 61 now, around 20 a day and enjoyed every one. I got up on November the 8th 2002 and decided I was not going to smoke anymore. I went to the non smoking clinic at my GPs and chewed nicotine gum, partly to stop me smoking and partly to stop me eating.I have not had a cigarette since.There have been times when I wanted one so badly, my father died 3 weeks after I stopped, but I just kept going and found things to do until the craving went.Go for a walk, clean your teeth, knit or sew, anything to keep your hands and mind occupied.My skin has regained some colour, my beautician says it is a lovely colour, and some of my wrinkles have diminished.I loved the sun too.

The other thing that stops me ever smoking again is that in August 2005 my lovely intelligent and fit husband was in the garden having a cigar when he had a severe stroke, he is now like a 3 year old in some ways, cannot tell the time, or count to 20 or say my name or write.He cannot speak very well, cannot drive.

So think before you smoke, it is not just wrinkles you have to worry about. !!!.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
Mo
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
I have been cigarette-free for close to a month now after smoking for about 7-8 years. Alan Carr's book helped a little, but the main thing that helped me was acknowledging, and facing the fact that I was subconsciously despising myself for being reliant and dependant on cigarettes. I felt weak and trapped and cornered and I absolutely HATED feeling that way. I think we all block out what we REALLY feel about smoking, which is that we really don't like it, and I think the key to quitting is to face those reasons why we don't like it, and why we should stop. That's the thing that helped me quit.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies!
As promised, I said I would be back in 6 months...

---
1y 1w 4d 4:23 smoke-free, 4,140 cigs not smoked, $1,480.46 saved, 2w 9:00 life saved

That's right! 1 Year and almost 2 weeks smoke-free!
It has been an amazing year of transformation & change! Every day I find myself so grateful for making the commitment to finally quit smoking on the 24th day of July 2006. Little did I know that my decision that Monday morning would lead to a whole new way of life....a new freedom that I hadn't let myself feel for years...a whole new me!
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
kls wrote:
Hello Ladies!

---
1y 1w 4d 4:23 smoke-free, 4,140 cigs not smoked, $1,480.46 saved, 2w 9:00 life saved

It has been an amazing year of transformation & change! Every day I find myself so grateful for making the commitment to finally quit smoking on the 24th day of July 2006. Little did I know that my decision that Monday morning would lead to a whole new way of life....a new freedom that I hadn't let myself feel for years...a whole new me!

Congratulations on your quit
2 months quit for me.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
janjan wrote:
kls wrote:
Hello Ladies!

---

Congratulations on your quit
2 months quit for me.

Great news kls! Congratulations janjan WTG! My DH is going on 3 months smoke free. It has been 10 month and 3 days for me. Dancing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks janjan!
And a HUGE congratulations to you!!!
2 months is awesome!! You're over most of the rough spots now...one thing you need to watch out for is what is referred to as the "icky three's"..3 days, 3 weeks & 3 months. A lot of people experience this. At the 3 month stage, many quitters experience a low in their quit...they start to think it's not all that important. This basically stems from the fact that the novelty has worn off & now you're starting to settle in to a new way of life...maybe people around you now think you should be "over" everything & stop with all the praise. This is an excellent time to kick a new life-style into gear...start exercising & eating better if that was something you had been thinking of doing. Or starting a new hobby or project..do something to keep yourself enthused & energized. One thing I have found about quitting, we seem to have to go through all the seasons of a year to become totally comfortable with our quits.
Again, Congratulations!! You are showing real strength & determination...keep up the good work! I want to see you posting your 1 year milestone here in 10 months!!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie !!!!
Big Hugs! Long time no see!
Thanks for the congrats!....
and hey girl, look at you...10 months!! WOO-HOO!!
Only 2 more & you will be at a whole year!! Very Happy
I remember my 10th month milestone...I felt really good about my quit, and the next 2 months just flew by!
What I'm noticing now is how I'm looking at this next year with new goals & perspective...I've got a couple of quit buddies, and one of them is less than a month quit. My goal is to help her along the way so at this time next year she can proudly say she has been quit for a full year.

I bet you're feeling the full benefits of not smoking...and it's great that your DH quit too..it appears that you were a true inspiration to him! Way to go Winnie...I'm so proud of you!! We Rock!! Very Happy
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie: Congrats to you and your DH on quitting smoking!

kls: Thanks for your words of wisdom and encouragement, I appreciate it. I've heard of the "icky" 3's, but haven't had any problems yet. My next hurdle will be 3 months.

Looking forwarding to posting my 1 year quit next June.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Congrats! My bf is on Chantix right now and has been one month without a cigarette. He says this time has been easier with the Chantix. He tried zyban before but hated how it made him feel.

He chews nicorette still but is tapering off that.

I really hope he can stick with it - he stopped for 5 1/2 years once.

Good luck to all of you!
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
there's an accuppressure point to quit smoking, not sure where.
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I am not a smoker but I read somewhere there is a trick (among many tricks to try) is to wear a rubber band on your wrist. Everytime you have an urge to smoke, you snap it on your wrist.... anyway,I never used this method for smoking but years ago I used it several times when I was in high school for guys I really like.... I really wanted to pick up the phone and dial... but the rubber band was there to remind me not to call TOO MANY times and come across as a stalker... and gosh darn it, I did snap it a few times to restraint myself!! Embarassed Razz
mamajeans
5% products discount

Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ask your doctor for Chantix (not sure of spelling) but I know 3 people who have quit with this and said it was the best.
Denasi

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I have been smoking for about 30 years now, and I'm still young LOL..CHANTIX is the way to go..I QUIT just like that. the product has a 44% success rate..Everyone whom Ive spoken to has also quit using this product..I actually knew I should quit, but wasn't even whole hearted about it and still quit.. It blocks the receptors in the brain from getting the nicotine and also changes the way cigs taste..like licking an ashtray..(SOME SAID)I tasted a soapy taste. Its a 90 day product, but I actually quit in 30 days. Your supposed to try to quit y the eighth day, but i didn't, but close to the end of the month I REALLY DIDNT WANT THEM ANYMORE! This is the most awesome product and huge success rate. If u want to quit use this, COSTCO is he cheapest around $105 for starter pack..It has been soooo worth it, besides you would of at least spent that on your cigs anyway huh? HAPPY NEW YEARS, its a thought huh? You really wont be sorry, you really just find yourself not wanting it, u may pick one up and lite up, but as soon as u do u just put it out! Its like MAGIC. I DARE ALL OF YOU TO TRY IT AT LEAST!!! DENASI
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
13 months TODAY I have been smoke free. I am so proud of myself Dancing . The one thing I notice since quiting is my energy level. I never seem to get tired during the day.

If I can quit anyone can. I have saved $2000.00. My husband has been smoke free for 7 months. Together we have saved approximately $3000.00. March 3 we are going to Disney with our Grandchildren with the saved money. PRICELESS

I quit cold turkey. My husband tried several times and went back to smoking after a few days. His doctor gave him a RX for CHANTIX. Chantix made quitting so much easier for DH.

Good luck to those who want to quit.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

A letter to encourage anyone reading this and wanting to quit, You Can Do This!

January 2007 -last year- I was a pack and a half a day smoker. I was 43yrs old, and had my first cig at age eleven. I smoked non stop and never ever tried, or even wanted to try to quit. I LOVED to smoke and I was damn good at it LOL. There was a one time lame attempt at hypnosis...I thought the hypnosis would just make it impossible for me to smoke somehow. Truth was I wasn't really ready to quit.

Anyhow, read this thread a year ago, (THANKYOU POSTERS!!!!) ordered and read the book by Allen Carr. I prayed and cried and smoked while I read it, and then I quit. I wrote in the book the day and time and I never smoked again. I threw away my cigs and my lighter and ashtray and I was done. Nobody believes I truly never had another cig LOL! Especially my fellow smokers and ex smokers. But that was the key- not having "just one"..it only keeps the * spam alert * alive- nothing more. If I were to force myself right now to have a cig, it would'nt taste good...it would only "taste good" when I had enough to get the * spam alert * going again. Had I not quit cold, it would have been a nightmare I'm sure.

Once I read the book and realized that if I quit cold turkey, I could actually quit w/o a lot of pain physically or emotionally, I could see that I could do this.

If I can do it anyone can. It's almost been a year. I quit on the 18th of Jan last year ( i have to double check that date:).

After a week or so of being "clean', I was making my hubby peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and OMG, they smelled like HEAVEN. Childhood and sunshine. Hard to describe and I know it sounds funny, but it is this sort of thing along the way that helped "seal the deal" with me. I smoked for so long I had no sense of smell to speak of.

My skin looks better, not as sallow, and not as ruddy.

My house is smoke free now, my husband quit a month after I did:)) I am no longer killing my house plants. Also, I have a violet that I got last feb for Valentines day and it is not only still alive, but flowers all the time- I find this very strange haha. Also a minature rose that I got in Sept that is actually budding right now. Who knew I had a green thumb????

I can breathe more easily, I am not as self conscious about my breath.

Oh and stinky ashtrays, no more...not in my house or car or work.

And no more running out to buy cigs or worrying about running out.

One thought I kept having when I quit, was that it was strange how all these years of smoking took so much effort to keep the * spam alert * going. Money, time, etc. And all I needed to do to quit was NOTHING! Let it go, and the physical * spam alert * dies fairly quickly.

Okay, I've rambled on but I hope it helps someone to know that this might actually not be as hard to quit as you might have been told!

Sincerely, Alli Grace
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I smoked for sometime when I was in my early teens... Now I totally quit!!
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
In my late teens and early 20s I was up to 2 packs a day.
Then I happened to spend a few days at a health spa where the didnt permit smoking (or even coffee and meat!)
*Anyone in Melbourne know the Warburton Sanitarium??
Coming home I decided to see if I could survive the next day without restarting - and just took it from there.
It was VERY hard and I would say it takes a full year to really feel you have broken the * spam alert *.
But thank God I did! I havent smoked in years and years. I used to test the * spam alert * was gone by once or twice having a cigarette. Sure enough, it did not leave me wanting more.
Hang tight and DO NOT weaken kid yourself you can weaken inside 12 to 18 months.
But breaking the * spam alert * IS possible Very Happy
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I quit New Years Eve 07 and it is one of the most difficult things I have done. I didnt realise how many people I knew that smoked until I quit. My partner and I quit together and so now it's kind of a competition! I don't want to ever start again, no matter how much I crave it. I'm also lucky that I have support - not condemnation, but support. Even if it was like world war II in our house for the first three weeks!!! Bad Grin

Good Luck to everyone who decides they want to quit. It's sooooo hard, but soooo worth it, I think. Very Happy Here's hopin I stay strong! Wink
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
One year smoke free and my sense of smell and taste has come back. I'm finally able to appreciate and enjoy food and fragrances, and I'm rewarding myself with splurging on aromatherapy(essential oils and candles) for my room and Serge Lutens for myself. Quitting smoking is STILL the best thing I've ever done for myself right after Lasik. Allen Carr helped tremendously.
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I started the Chantix 2 weeks ago and it has definitely made a difference. The chantix does make me a little nauseous at times but it doesn't last long (maybe 20 min). Still smoking but not what I had been. Down to about 5 a day now.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |