Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Do any of you smokers out there want to quit?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just stopping in to see how you all are doing, and share that I'm day 8 smoke free once again.. In the past I caved on the 8th or 10th day, so I have my fingers crossed that the third time is the charm..

This time I did it cold turkey, which is pretty gruesome after smoking for about 43 years.. Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall For some reason today was harder than the first week, but I got through it without caving in so I'm proud of that..

Hope everyone is doing well, and feeling great..

Angie B, if you see this, please check in...
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've smoked off an on. Not too much, and lately I've been 'socially' smoking. If friends and I go have a few drinks, I will smoke. I don't know why, it makes me feel like death in the morning. (on top of the hangover)

Has anyone had success with Wellbutrin? I've actually just started taking it for depression and I've heard it's great for smoking cessation. I also know that it can cause weight loss. WOOHOO! Laughing
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hubby and I quit with the help of Zyban, nasty stuff. It seems like this Chantix is just as nasty as Zyban. I was reading some great reviews on a homeopathic spray and pill form called Smoke Deter. It claims that there are no side effects at all. I did not read through the entire thread, so if it was already mentioned I am sorry about that. Just wonder if anyone that is reading this thread tried Smoke Deter and has some reviews on it. Thanks.
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Sahmisme, Wellbutrin and Zyban-that I and hubby quit with-are the same thing. How are you doing on it? I remember for me it was horrible with Zyban. As for helping with weight loss? Hubby and I both gained weight after quitting, so I don't think it helps with that, but all depends on how long you are planning on taking Wellbutrin. I know we both stopped taking Zyban after a month and half as we just could not live anymore that miserable.
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I'm doing fine so far, thank you! How did it make you feel? I know it has a sort of stimulant effect but for me, feeling so drained all the time, that's a plus. But I know that for some if your energy level is already normal or high it can actually cause anxiety.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Sahisme,

Zyban it really stopped my normal life. It was very important for me to quit smoking so that was all worth it, but I was continuously nauseous, had dry mouth and very bitter taste, sleepless, very agitated nights with vivid nightmares, and I was all the time very nervous, had bad headaches. Ah, started to cry out of the blue and could not stop crying, and everything irritated me. I was like a zombie.

Good to hear that you are doing fine on Wellbutrin. Hope it helps you quit smoking.
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, those of you that are trying to quit smoking with chantix might want to see this article. It states that chantix has been linked to an elevated risk of suicide.
Please read.

http://www.naturalnews.com/024615.html
Jenhelen7
5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
My Husband used acupuncture and he quit instantly. He only had 2 treatments and never smoked again - that was 11 years ago.

I quit without using anything and was horrible to everyone for 2 weeks. It was sort of fun.
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:00 am      Reply with quote
edithsz wrote:
Sahisme,

Zyban it really stopped my normal life. It was very important for me to quit smoking so that was all worth it, but I was continuously nauseous, had dry mouth and very bitter taste, sleepless, very agitated nights with vivid nightmares, and I was all the time very nervous, had bad headaches. Ah, started to cry out of the blue and could not stop crying, and everything irritated me. I was like a zombie.

Good to hear that you are doing fine on Wellbutrin. Hope it helps you quit smoking.

Yea it has some really bad side effects for some people. It hasn't really done that to me thankfully and it's actually curbed my appetite.

lol @ Jenhelen7 .. I was like that once when I quit cold turkey. I haven't had one in quite a while but like I said if I go have a few drinks with friends I'll be sure to light up. It's just habit. Confused

5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Yes sahmisme - it took me a year to get over that urge to smoke after a few drinks. It got a lot easier when they banned indoor smoking in the pubs and bars here in Canada.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Grrrrr! 2 months, 4 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes and 14 lbs later...... This totally sucks! I've been sick with one problem or another the majority of the time, and the only good news is that my skin looks nicer..(no doubt it's all this new *plumpness*.. Rolling Eyes I can't even imagine going through these daily cravings for the rest of my life. All this anxiety and stress is *really* making me sick!

So will it get easier sometime soon, or is this as good as it gets?

My DH is already packed, with one foot out the door, for a business trip that isn't until next week.. Shock .. To say I'm a cranky biatch is putting it mildly.

Bloody hell, I really don't think I can stick with this... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Thanks, I feel a little better now... Sad Sad Time for Zanax and a movie!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Bupropion! A Lot of people can be put off because it is also prescribed for mood, its a form of wellbutrin... really though it has helped me immensely. I didn't have any side effects from it and I ended up quitting for 3 months but then I started up again. Not to use this an an excuse but am currently deployed and it's a stress reliever for me. I am now only back up to about 5 or so smokes a day. Sooo I know I can quit when I want to using the Bupropion and I plan on doing so before I get back to the states! At least I know I can. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Oh Kat~<3, stay safe, please! Bupropion or Zyban or Wellbutrin are the same thing.
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I smoked since I was 13, and I quit last year by using nicotine patches

but I wasn't a very heavy smoker, I smoked super light cigarettes, about 5 - 7 a day on average.
Jenhelen7
5% products discount

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A

Keep going! Don't stop its worth it in the end. I lost the weight I gained from my replacing nicoteen with ice cream regimen within a year of quitting. Also found out I LIKED to run once I could breath properly....
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
For the past 3 yrs ive been stopping and starting. It seems to be the alcohol that gets me every time! The good thing is though that i dont really crave cigarette's when im sober.

I did go the first year without smoking even when I drank after reading Allan Carr's book. Maybe i need to read it again.

It dosent help when most people I know smoke.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I had to stop the Wellbutrin, it started to make me feel worse and worse every day until I couldn't take it anymore .. it's not for me .. it just took me a while to find that out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
My father had smoke for 30 year.And last year,he caught diabetes,and then he decided to quit.Now,he really quit.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I dont know if anyone already recommended, but both of my parents quit smoking after reading a book by Allen Carr called " The Easy Way to Stop Smoking"

You might want to check amazon for reviews of the book.

Rolling Eyes
jnrnew

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have been smoking since the age of 21. I have quit a couple of times but always start again. It seems that the longer you go without smoking the harder it gets. It never gets easier it seems maybe it's just me.
The last time I quit I started putting the money I would be spending on cigarettes in a new savings account and then I went to Costa Rica with the money but when I came back I started again. I just ordered Allen Carr's book and will try again. Wish me luck
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck!

Since my post in November I'm sad to say I caved in and started smoking again in December.. I'm hopeless.. Rolling Eyes

I have to check out the "Allen Carr" book.. I've seen over and over again in this thread, that it helped more than anything else..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Since my post in November I'm sad to say I caved in and started smoking again in December.. I'm hopeless.. Rolling Eyes

I honestly think the trick is to try not to feel guilty if you do cave in. Have one if you really need it - then go back on the waggon. It's also good if you can try not to smoke during the day, but "reward" yourself with one in the evening.

I gave up about five years ago, just before my first sinus operation. At times of crisis I have lit up - and on other occasions just because I simply felt like one. However, I'm now at the stage when I don't even think about it anymore. If I were to cave in and have one - I wouldn't give myself a hard time about it though. Don't give up on giving up! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Good luck!

You are not hopeless! It's just a matter of try, try again. And truly, quitting was the hardest thing I've ever done. I used three techniques to succeed: 1. sleep. I read somewhere that the nicotine would be completely out of my system in 72 hours, so I slept as much as possible during that time. After that, it's about emotional dependence and habit. 2. I went to a hypnosis class for smoking cessation and bought a follow-up tape to listen to every night. Part of the hypnotic suggestion was to wear a rubber band around the wrist and snap it to distract from cravings, while taking deep breaths to flood the system with oxygen. If I could, I also did jumping jacks or squats when the craving hit. 3. I changed my habits. I had always smoked with coffee, so I switched to tea for a month or so and sat in a different spot to drink it. I skipped going out with friends who smoked, and avoided alcohol for several months. And I cleaned everywhere I had formerly smoked,as well as my clothes, to make it as fresh-smelling as possible.

Now, I just have to figure out how to apply these techniques to weight-loss. Rolling Eyes

Good luck!

P.S. It does get much easier with time. I almost never think about cigarettes anymore...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Embarrassed to admit I'm still smoking, despite my earlier attempts to quit way back in this thread.

Well, I don't smoke a lot, less than half a pack a day now, and I know it's not good...

But, the contrary old woman in me almost wants to keep smoking after a recent discussion with an insurance agent ...

I was informed that, as a "smoker" (and I stated only max 5-10 per day) I would have to pay a substantially higher premium than "non-smokers". In fact some days I don't smoke at all, but I was just being honest.

Now, I would be fine with that, if other "risky" lifestyle choices also incurred a higher premium. But apparently you can be 100 lb overweight, never exercise, exist on a diet of lard, sugar, and Jack Daniels, lay in the sun 24 hours a day inviting skin cancer, and still pay the normal premium. Whereas I, who swims 1 km per day, does an hour cardio/weights in the gym, skinny as a stick, eats only fruits/veg and non-processed food, never expose myself to sunlight, ... I have to pay a higher premium as I'm a "smoker" and supposedly not in good health. Blahhhh.. Just thinking about it makes me want to light up ...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Smoking wreaks havoc everywhere in the body. It's the number one risk factor for gum disease - basically ruins your gums.
And then there are the face wrinkles.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |