Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz) June Jacobs Protective Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (47 ml / 1.6 floz)
Do any of you smokers out there want to quit?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Author Message
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 768
Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Bren I love my alcohol, but I had to can it for about 6 weeks when I gave up. I used to go through the cigs like you wouldn't believe when I drank. Never had one out of my hand.
To be honest with you it's really good that you don't drink often, as I still get the odd craving when I'm having a drink with a smoker. And it's been over 5 years now.
bluugrass
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 75
Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 am      Reply with quote
BUMP! Laughing
Soooo...how're we doing? I just found the thread, and I've been wanting to start one similar 'til I found this.
I threw away a half-pack of cigs 2 weeks ago, went 2 days without. Bought some on the 3rd day and been puffin' away since.
I need backup. Cool
Thought I'd hang out here for awhile..pretty quiet tho, how's the quitting going?
nsachs
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 4
Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
my friend used something called Camp-x and quit right away!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm gonna give it one more try, and the quit date I'm going for is May 2nd.

No doubt I'll be back here moaning and groaning then, as misery loves company.

Until then I'll be puffing away Image

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
spence
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 24
Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I need to quit as well. I smoke at night with my wine. Maybe I'm a wino, too Laughing

Is it bad that I wish I could take something so I didn't get lung cancer, but could continue to have about 5 a day?!

Curious about Chantix, but not sure I smoke enough for it. Plus the side effects seem crazy out there.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I hear ya 'spence', I love my glass of wine (or3) here and there also.

As for the 'Chantix', been there and done that... The vivid nightmarish dreams were the end of that journey for me...(The last straw dream for me, was a vision of my grandson floating face down in my pool, with huge silver + gold bugs pushing his head under water, and me unable to get to him... Shock ) Needless to say, that was the end of that. It did take the craving away though, for the month or so I took it.

Next Sunday is still slated as my new "quit day", and I'm going to live it up till then... I'm in the middle of a very trying time right now, so hopefully I won't wimp out and use that as a crutch...

Good luck to all the *quitters* out there... I totally feel your anxiety and pain... Brick wall


WHASSUP BREN? I'm almost afraid to ask... Question

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I never used to understand why people just couldn't tough it out and quit smoking...until I tried to quit Diet Coke. Shock I mean, come on...I am talking about a stupid SOFT DRINK, for goodness sake. And yet I can't quit that crap for anything! Embarassed Confused Sad

Suddenly the battle to quit smoking seemed MUCH more understandable...especially since it is PROVEN to be addictive. (and Diet Coke is not!)

I did read in the March Prevention last night that it takes 7-9 times before you actually are successful quitting smoking, but the heath improvements are apparent in as little as one day. So every one hang tough...you can do it!!

I WILL wean myself off Diet Coke between now and the end of the month, and on May 3rd (a Monday of course), I want to be OFF the DC. So I'll pop in and root Kassy on around then too. Very Happy

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
As for the 'Chantix', been there and done that... The vivid nightmarish dreams were the end of that journey for me...(The last straw dream for me, was a vision of my grandson floating face down in my pool, with huge silver + gold bugs pushing his head under water, and me unable to get to him... Shock ) Needless to say, that was the end of that.


Kassy, I forgot to mention that I was on Wellbutrin for 1 month for anxiety many years ago, and I had HORRID, full color nightmares of people chasing me and trying to kill me all night. (hmm...that actually sounds like my current job)

Add in that it caused me to have very high blood pressure, shortness of breath, and an out-of-control sex drive (my new BF could not keep up and said I HAD to get off it), and that was the end of that for me too!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
As for the 'Chantix', been there and done that... The vivid nightmarish dreams were the end of that journey for me...(The last straw dream for me, was a vision of my grandson floating face down in my pool, with huge silver + gold bugs pushing his head under water, and me unable to get to him... Shock ) Needless to say, that was the end of that.


Kassy, I forgot to mention that I was on Wellbutrin for 1 month for anxiety many years ago, and I had HORRID, full color nightmares of people chasing me and trying to kill me all night. (hmm...that actually sounds like my current job)

Add in that it caused me to have very high blood pressure, shortness of breath, and an out-of-control sex drive (my new BF could not keep up and said I HAD to get off it), and that was the end of that for me too!


I wouldn't advertise that - they'll be panting at your door. Laughing

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I never used to understand why people just couldn't tough it out and quit smoking...until I tried to quit Diet Coke. Shock I mean, come on...I am talking about a stupid SOFT DRINK, for goodness sake. And yet I can't quit that crap for anything! Embarassed Confused Sad

Suddenly the battle to quit smoking seemed MUCH more understandable...especially since it is PROVEN to be addictive. (and Diet Coke is not!)



Thank you. Most non-smokers can never understand exactly how hard it is to break this habit. (And, no I have not been able to yet!)

Good luck quitting the DC! And, good luck Kassy. Hope this is your time!
tessera
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 210
Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Next Sunday is still slated as my new "quit day", and I'm going to live it up till then... I'm in the middle of a very trying time right now, so hopefully I won't wimp out and use that as a crutch...


May is a good month to quit. I quit a 25 year, pack-a-day habit on May 18, 1998. Fell off the wagon a few times since then, but never for more than a day or two. I'm here to say it does get easier over time; now I rarely think of cigarettes. Good luck, Kassy (and everyone else who's quitting)!

_________________
50+, fair brown/brown, Obagi, L2K, AALS; battling: pigmentation, crepeyness, sag
spence
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 24
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
kassy- My G-d. That would make me never want to sleep again! Awful.

So much luck going out to you for this Sunday! Who knows, but I will try also.

As an aside, last year I bought Mexican poppy seeds to brew as a tea. I heard it was used in drug rehabs and a few 'net articles mentioned it for quitting smoking. I'm just a wee bit scared to drink it. Shock They aren't the same "poppy" as used in drugs, but still seems a bit extreme.
kjop
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Mon May 03, 2010 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I can't help it! I enjoy smoking! But I know damn well it's going to kill me.

Thanks to all who wrote in this thread. I turn 30 June 3rd of 2010, and I have been telling myself since I was 20 that I would quit. i was a full pack a day smoker from 16 years old. I have been off and on with the amount, and for the last couple of years it has been about 1/2 pack-3.4 pack.. I take Chantix religiously- but only to cut down, so basically I am abusing it if that drug can even be abused (it's not a narcotic). anyway, bad news. I am 30 soon, and I need to quit-so thanks for the ideas fro support groups, and your comments in general!

Kjop
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Thu May 06, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm gonna give it one more try, and the quit date I'm going for is May 2nd.

No doubt I'll be back here moaning and groaning then, as misery loves company.

Until then I'll be puffing away Image


Well I pooped out again... Embarassed

What's even more ridiculous is I'm battling a really wicked case of bronchitis, taking Prednisone, A/B, Ventolin (4Xd) and a Codeine laced cough syrup, and you guessed it; I'm still puffing 4 or 5 cigs a day... Rolling Eyes

I honestly think it would be easier to quit *crack* or *heroin*... Sad

Sick, sick, sicko... Brick wall

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu May 06, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm gonna give it one more try, and the quit date I'm going for is May 2nd.

No doubt I'll be back here moaning and groaning then, as misery loves company.

Until then I'll be puffing away Image


Well I pooped out again... Embarassed

What's even more ridiculous is I'm battling a really wicked case of bronchitis, taking Prednisone, A/B, Ventolin (4Xd) and a Codeine laced cough syrup, and you guessed it; I'm still puffing 4 or 5 cigs a day... Rolling Eyes

I honestly think it would be easier to quit *crack* or *heroin*... Sad

Sick, sick, sicko... Brick wall


I pooped out on the Diet Coke too. Sad

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Thu May 06, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I pooped out on the Diet Coke too. Sad


Apparently, this is a more common addiction than one might imagine. A local TV current affairs programme ran a story the other day on two women who were addicted to coke - they were drinking it all day long and never had a can out of their hand. One women was too ashamed to throw out the cans, so she horded them - she had literally hundreds of thousands of cans stored in every room in the house, and the yard. They took up every square inch of space - everywhere!

(They didn't have allot of cats though!) Laughing

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
I pooped out on the Diet Coke too. Sad


Apparently, this is a more common addiction than one might imagine. A local TV current affairs programme ran a story the other day on two women who were addicted to coke - they were drinking it all day long and never had a can out of their hand. One women was too ashamed to throw out the cans, so she horded them - she had literally hundreds of thousands of cans stored in every room in the house, and the yard. They took up every square inch of space - everywhere!


Sounds like she has bigger problems than a coke addiction. Laughing

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
tessera
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 210
Fri May 07, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
What's even more ridiculous is I'm battling a really wicked case of bronchitis, taking Prednisone, A/B, Ventolin (4Xd) and a Codeine laced cough syrup, and you guessed it; I'm still puffing 4 or 5 cigs a day... Rolling Eyes

I honestly think it would be easier to quit *crack* or *heroin*... Sad

Sick, sick, sicko... Brick wall


You're not alone- in college, my roommate (who was preparing for medical school) was hospitalized for pneumonia and would sneak out of her room to smoke! It really is hard. Sad

_________________
50+, fair brown/brown, Obagi, L2K, AALS; battling: pigmentation, crepeyness, sag
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
I pooped out on the Diet Coke too. Sad


Apparently, this is a more common addiction than one might imagine. A local TV current affairs programme ran a story the other day on two women who were addicted to coke - they were drinking it all day long and never had a can out of their hand. One women was too ashamed to throw out the cans, so she horded them - she had literally hundreds of thousands of cans stored in every room in the house, and the yard. They took up every square inch of space - everywhere!

(They didn't have allot of cats though!) Laughing


Thank goodness I just hoard cats instead of cans, lol. Very Happy

I still haven't ditched the crap yet...I drank less than usual on Friday, and had a caffeine-withdrawal headache soooo bad that I skipped a planned a Mother's Day dinner with my family tonight. It took some DC and a TON of Advil to make it go away. But I am rereading a book chapter tonight on how artificial sweeteners cause metobolic syndrome...I just need to KEEP reminding myself of how bad it is. Sad

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun May 09, 2010 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm gonna give it one more try, and the quit date I'm going for is May 2nd.

No doubt I'll be back here moaning and groaning then, as misery loves company.

Until then I'll be puffing away Image


Well I pooped out again... Embarassed

What's even more ridiculous is I'm battling a really wicked case of bronchitis, taking Prednisone, A/B, Ventolin (4Xd) and a Codeine laced cough syrup, and you guessed it; I'm still puffing 4 or 5 cigs a day... Rolling Eyes

I honestly think it would be easier to quit *crack* or *heroin*... Sad

Sick, sick, sicko... Brick wall


Kassy - I don't think it's your time to quit.

Try it - Later Gator Smile

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Kassy - I don't think it's your time to quit.

Try it - Later Gator Smile



With any luck, this will be me in 40 years;

Image

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Mon May 10, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
LMAO....I'm pretty sure you would have better skin, lol.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue May 11, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
LMAO....I'm pretty sure you would have better skin, lol.



Laughing Laughing Laughing I doubt I would be giving a rats arse at that point. I'll need all my strength to light up! Embarassed

The good news is I'm keeping it at about 5 to 7 a day, so at least that's a step in the right direction...

... It's just so darn hard to stop altogether.. Crying or Very sad

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue May 11, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hey I'll come to that party!!!! (in my wheelchair!) Just tell me we'll have merlot.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hey I'll come to that party!!!! (in my wheelchair!) Just tell me we'll have merlot.


We'll mix it right into your green smoothie, lol.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Dr Dennis Gross Age Erase Moisture with Mega 10 Plus for Eyes (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Bremenn Clinical Strength Smooth Serum (50 ml / 1.7 floz)