Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Do any of you smokers out there want to quit?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
sunshynebug - I know, I do fight that urge all day, but I can't seem to make it without 1. I am having major withdrawal. Maybe I will look into the NRT also. That could be what I need, as I am unable to do this cold turkey. Do you smoke alot? and for how long? Good luck to you, too sunshynebug! This is way harder than I thought it would be.
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl

I smoke about a pack a day. and everytime i smoke one i hate it. i hate the smell the taste everything about it. but when i quit i want the taste. sounds screwy don't it? they say that quitting smoking is like trying to quit heroin, i have heard the smoking is a worse * spam alert * than heroin. i wouldn't know but i do know that it is the hardest thing i have had to do. and usually the 3rd day is the worst for me. by that time i want to kill somebody so bad. LOL course i wouldn't do it i sure felt like it. but after the 7 days it gets better. but the one thing i have found out is you have to have a support system, somebody to talk to when you want one soooooooo bad. and that was half of my problem is i had NOBODY to talk to or to relate to so i am glad i found ya'll. i have been smoking for about 22 years. damn i wished i had never picked it up.
keep up the good work girl and if you have to get the patches Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I know, I wish I had never started either. I guess the "horrible" part for me is that I like to smoke. I know it sounds and is stupid, but I still enjoy it. I definitely want to quit, so I don't mean to sound wishy washy. I will check into the patches and/or the gum this weekend and hopefully give it my full on again. Hopefully that would help with the withdrawals for me. I do know what you mean about wanting to kill somebody. I had an outburst my first day and my son just looked at me like I had lost my mind (and I felt like I did!). Good luck sunshynebug! KLS and appletini are very supportive and I am sure they will be along to support you too! Very Happy
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like so far we got 3 of us that are giving our best shot at quitting, and tomorrow we have another one joining in!! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I am here 1st today! How is everybody doing today? I STILL have a dull headache (will it ever go away?) I was BAD and had 2 cigs this morning.I was thinking it would get rid of my headache, but I felt a little queasy after that. I am going to the store after I get done with work and get the patch or the gum. I am hoping that will help, maybe my headache will go away and the withdrawal symptoms will be less so that I can make it 1 full day without any cigs. Hope everyone else is doing great!
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Good morning ladies Very Happy

well i'm a bad girl to cuz i had one cig, but i forgot to go to the store and get my patches. so i am fixin to go to town here in a while and get them. and rileygirl they will help with the bad headaches, cuz if it weren't for the patches i could not do it. i stay on the patches for about 3 weeks then i do the next level for 1 week then i'm ok and i can do it by myself. so i had better go get my patches i will talk at ya'll later Very Happy
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
By the way rileygirl and kls where are ya'll from?
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Good morning! So far, so good...went another day without a smoke! I'm feeling pretty good about that, been having some tough moments, but I'm finding that talking about it here really helps. I don't have anyone I can talk to about this (more on that later), so you guys are my sole support team, so thank you...it's really helping.
Appetini- how are you doing? When one of gets "quiet" I start wondering if we need to send out a search party to pick you up, dust you off, and get you back in the saddle again! Laughing
Rileygirl- you're not the only one having physical side effects. I've been getting headaches, haven't slept very well the past 2 nights, and yesterday I started getting such a bad eye twitch, I figured for sure I must look like that chief inspector from the Pink Panther! Laughing Laughing Do you think that drinking lots of water might help flush out the toxins?
Sunshynebug- good luck today, glad to hear you're joining in! You asked where I'm from. I live on the prairies in Canada. It's so flat here, you can sit on your back porch & watch your dog run away for 3 days! Laughing

So, here's a thought to carry you through today:
You will never break free to newness
until you are utterly diggusted with the old way

Good luck & hang in there everyone!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
That quote was great KLS. So sorry to hear you are having withdrawal symptoms. I did not think anyone else was. You are doing really good. I have just read that cranberry juice is supposed to help flush the nicotine out faster. Oh, and sunshynebug, I live in Florida. Good luck to everyone today. I have to go to work now!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Was almost too embarrassed to post today but I had better own up. Had four cigarettes!

I know it's no excuse, but I worked a REALLY long tough day, 14-15 hours, and wanted a few glasses of wine to unwind...which of course led to the cigs.

Honestly, riley, you are doing so well. Giving up 40 per day must be so tough and I can't even stick to it when I only do a lousy 10 per day. Well I did manage 3 days with none, but seem to be sliding downhill. I need someone to kick my butt from here to hell and back!

Keep at it, girls, and hi to sunshyne!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
appletini, no need to be embarrassed. You are doing great. 3 days with no cigs? You should be extremely proud of yourself. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on track. You can do it! Very Happy
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh, just wondered, do any of you find that smoking is affecting your skin? It's hard to tell as you can't know what your skin would look like without the evil cigs. But I know smoking is supposed to cause premature wrinkling (among other things) but I honestly haven't had that problem. Now if I did that would be the BIGGEST INCENTIVE to stop....

*Unfortunately* I have been blessed with wrinkle-free skin, and i'm mid 40s, although I have to admit the texture is not what it used to be and gravity is starting to take its toll.... blah!
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi to you to Appletini
I am sooooooooooooo glad i found this forum now i have some REAL friends to talk to and to relate to. i am 44 YUK YUK YUK i hate that word. and when i quit smoking before my face looked soooooooooooo much better and clearer ( i suffer from zit city. and drinking lots of water and juicses does help a great deal. dr told me. just call me dr foreman Laughing Laughing (thats my last name in case your wondering. and just to let you know you ladies are doing great Very Happy i had 3 today so i am doing ok i am a little discusted with myself but i always am when i fail. but you what? I CAN DO THIS Very Happy
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRLS
OH AND BY THE WAY I AM FROM ARKANSAS.
oh god i hate this state Crying or Very sad Mad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
appletini - I will be 43 on 8/1. When I hit 40, that is when my wrinkles hit. I have the dreaded vertical lip lines (getting better now with skin care routine), and I have the crows feet from squinting due to the smoke, as well as the "11" between my eyes. I sound so pretty, don't I? Anyway, I do have those awful smoker wrinkles and that hasn't been enough to stop me! You are lucky not to have them yet! I think I have them early due to my HEAVY smoking, which you do/did not do. Anyway, count yourself lucky!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I wrote:
kls wrote:
When one of gets "quiet" I start wondering if we need to send out a search party to pick you up, dust you off, and get you back in the saddle again! Laughing

Just noticed I did a typo earlier today on this post. If you didn't understand what I was trying to say, I meant: "When one of us gets quiet".
Sorry, must be the brain fog.
So, are we all still serious about quitting? We sure sounded that way before we got started. If we're going to support one another, then I guess there will have to be some butt kickin' when one of us goes "missing". So, here's the deal I'm offering: If you want the "kick butt service" to keep you on track, let me know, & I'll do my best. (You can request the soft buuny slipper treatment to the steel toe, your choice). Laughing
You have my full permission to kick my sorry butt if I'm MIA.
sunshyne0227

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies
in case your wondering who i am this is sunshynebug i am such an idiot i went to go and change my password and went and done all of that then come to find out i put in the wrong password and deactivated myself and spent half the day trying to find out who the moderator is so i could get back in but i couldn't so i had to re register myself. man i'm so stupid. and kls i would really prefer the bunny slipper. no marks Laughing
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
sunshyne0227 wrote:
and kls i would really prefer the bunny slipper. no marks Laughing

You don't think bunnies leave marks? You should see the ones we grow up here! Laughing
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Good morning everyone! Well, I did get through yesterday with no smokes, can't say I got through it without being bitchy though! Laughing The weekend is going to be harder for me, more chances to "sneak" a smoke. Yes, you read that right. When I started smoking again after quitting for 3 years, I was so ashamed of myself, that I hid it from everyone. I couldn't bear to hear the disappointment from those around me, and all the "I told you so" remarks. So in essence, I became a closet smoker. Pretty pathetic, don't you think?
You know what the worst part is? Now that I've quit (and believe me, this time is for good), I can't tell anyone how well I'm doing, or get any leniency when it comes to being short-tempered & irritable. Serves me right.
I may not be the one who is giving up the most cigarettes per day, but I do feel like I have an additional obstacle to overcome.
I feel much getting this out in the open, and hope that you guys still want me to be part of your group.
Our thought for the day:
D*E*T*E*R*M*I*N*A*T*I*O*N
The Race Is Not Always To The Swift...
But To Those Who Keep On Running.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
For anyone that's still hanging in there, today's thought:
Good Habits are Silent Helpers
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Another embarrassing report here. Have been smoking on the weekend, not as much as usual, but still smoking. Crying or Very sad

Hope you all have done better than me this weekend, and I'm sure you have.

Well, tomorrow is Monday again and I'm going to try HARDER!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a rough weekend, lots of personal issues/problems going on for me. Not an excuse I know, but I have been very upset and I have been smoking, probably 6-8 cigs yesterday and again today. I am hoping some of this stuff gets resolved quickly, as my mind is not in the right frame for a total quit right now. I am just trying to keep the amount down so I don't climb all the way back up to 2+ packs a day. I am feeling just drained emotionally and I am not sure what I am going to do. I wish everyone quitting, or who has already quit the best. You all are stronger than I am!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
So, nobody is posting how they're doing, is this a bad sign? I hope you ladies haven't given up. You knew it wasn't going to be easy, but... it can be done...if you really want it bad enough.
I haven't had any smokes since last Monday. It hasn't been easy. Saturday afternoon I felt like this: Brick wall Drool Brick wall
But I kept telling myself: Shame on you
A couple of things that got me through the day was reading Lassie1234's post on page 2 of the other quit smoking thread, I LMAO!!! That's exactly how my brain was working that afternoon! Laughing
A good loud primal scream in the basement also helped, gave me a good laugh after, but scared the sh#t out of my cats! And BTW, pretty sure it was heard at least 1/2 block away. (Next time I'll use a pillow).
The other thing I did, and the best thing I did...was to join a quit smoking support group. I've now been reading up on all kinds of information on how to successfully quit, and have read the testimonials and on-going chats of people that have kicked the habit & those that are still going through the torture. I found that so many others feel just like me when it comes to smoking & trying to quit. I found a great support group & I know that I will receive the encouragement and support that I need to kick this thing once & for all.

I took the N.O.P.E pledge on Sunday.
(Not One Puff Ever)

I am proud that I've gotten through hellweek. The past few days haven't been great, but they're better than the few days before that. Slowly, I am putting distance between my last cigarrette and me. My Quit Time Monitor says that now I'm:
---
1w 1d 10:56 smoke-free, 98 cigs not smoked, $43.81 saved, 8:10 life saved
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
(That's a big smile for each day I've been smoke-free!)

Of course I have to reward myself of this accomplishment Wink , so I got the 30 day GoSmile Maintainence to keep my smile bright & white, started back in my exercise routine (which always makes me feel good about myself), and starting on the Insulin Resistance Diet to help shed the 15-20 lbs I want to lose.
I'm getting through it...1 day, 1 hour, even 1 minute at a time, but I'm getting there.
This quote is one I got from the support group forum. It's dedicated to everyone that reads this, but especially to Rileygirl, Appletini, & Sunshynebug:
May your day be filled with enough challenges to make you strong,
enough failures to make you humble,
enough success to make you believe in yourself,
and enough love
to make you believe in others.

My thoughts & prayers to everyone.
kls
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, there! If anyone is still checking this thread, try Zyban. (Ask Dr. for Wellbutrin prescription so insurance covers it. ) I quit cold turky with no bad withdrawal. I think I might've gained 3 or 4 pounds. Before that, I had been trying for years, and it was unbearable. My husband actually asked me to pease go smoke because I was unbearable. The Zyban cuts out the nicotine * spam alert *, and it also helps with the compulsive desire to smoke. Really all you have to do is psyche yourself up for it. You'll still want to smoke. It's just bearable and something you can put out of your mind. I carried a pack of cigarettes around in my purse for six months afterwards as a security blanket. My mindset was, "If it gets unbearable, I have some." I never touched them, but having them there helped so much. You can do it! I did!

- With all the money I saved, I got new boobs! Embarassed
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
i seem to fall back into bad habits... ie eating, smoking, whenever i feel depressed or that my life isn't what i want it to be...

i am feeling semi positive so have to keep going...

BREAK THOSE BAD HABITS!!!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
kls: I know how hard it is. Very proud of you!!! Plan to Lose 15-20 lb, you need to double the usage of your Facial Flex and Nuface!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |