Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Do any of you smokers out there want to quit?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
you need to double the usage of your Facial Flex and Nuface!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh thanks...now I've got another thing to worry about! Laughing Laughing
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
bella77 wrote:

i am feeling semi positive so have to keep going...
BREAK THOSE BAD HABITS!!!

Hi Bella
Did you just quit? If you did, or are trying, please join in. Maybe by supporting one another, we can get through the rough spots alot easier.

I'm proud to say, that of right now:
1w 2d 9:58 smoke-free, 108 cigs not smoked, $48.28 saved, 9:00 life saved
Very Happy
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
We're proud of you, Bella!!!! Very Happy
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, make that KLS! - But you too, Bella.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Sorry, make that KLS! - But you too, Bella.

Thanks Bella, oops...make that Tosca! Laughing

So Bella, are you joining in? We could use some more victims, I mean, ahh...participants, in our little group! Laughing We don't guarantee that it will be pain-free, but it will be an adventure worth your while!
Tosca- are you a well-wisher, or would you like to join in too? (we bite, but not too hard! Wink)

Thursday update: Today went really good, I was in good spirits, my sense of humor is coming back, and I don't know what it is, but... I think I've got a story coming on.....

1w 3d 10:26 smoke-free, 119 cigs not smoked, $53.19 saved, 9:55 life saved
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a former smoker. Just dropped in to try to be encouraging. I know how hard it is.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
It was a dark and stormy night…

sorry…couldn’t resist..

VICTORIA’S INN
ring...
The distant sound of the phone awoke me from my slumber. "I must have fallen asleep reading," I thought to myself.
..ring...
"Damn,…where is Will?" ..ring... "He promised to take all the calls"..ring..."Will, answer the #&*%ing phone!" I yelled.
..ring...
I wondered if maybe he had stepped out for awhile or just didn't hear it from his room.
Getting out of my easy chair, I felt the weight of Life, the Universe & Everything on me. Thinking how I really wasn’t getting into it these days, I tossed it to the side.
..ring...
As I lumbered down the long empty hallway I noticed how odd it was that all the doors were closed. Her door was always open. "Ah yes," I remembered, "I made her leave, and it was me that had closed the door".
..ring...
The haunting ring of the phone now echoed throughout every floor of the inn.
..ring...
"Hello?"
"vicky, hi it’s Nichol...
After our little fight, I haven’t seen you around. I’ve been asking about you, but no one in the pack has seen you this past week. Are you ok?... I thought you might be feelin’ kind of lonely,... I could come over and comfort you & make things better. It could be like the good old days vic,... just you & Me."

"I told you, I never want to SEE you again."
"I know sweetie, that’s why I phoned."
"GO AWAY!"
"Look vic, I know you’re mad at me right now...but that’s ok. I forgive you. Just let Me come back & we’ll forget this ever happened."
"Sorry,... I can’t. Besides, there’s no place for you here now. I’m redoing your old living quarters, and Will is staying in Joy’s room since she hasn’t been around for awhile."
"Will?.. Will who??"
"Will Powers. I don’t think you know him."

CLICK.

To be continued?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
kls:

You've been doing so well............Let's go back to day one and make it happen this time!!! I know you can do it!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:06 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
kls:

You've been doing so well............Let's go back to day one and make it happen this time!!! I know you can do it!!!

I didn't start again. If that's what you thought the story meant, go back & read it again: Vicky never invited Nichol (nic/coal Wink ) back in.
I took the N.O.P.E. pledge (not one puff ever), and I will keep my promise.
I just have too much time on my hands this weekend, since I'm all by myself for 3 days.

I'm proud to say that as of right now I'm:
1w 4d 19:57 smoke-free, 131 cigs not smoked, $58.56 saved, 10:55 life saved
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Apparently everyone else has jumped ship, and I seem to be the only one left onboard.
I've really grown weary of feeling like I'm just talking to myself...see ya

Just for the record, as of today I am:
1w 6d 2:59 smoke-free, 145 cigs not smoked, $64.82 saved, 12:05 life saved
Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks of being smoke-free
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, kls!! Didn't mean to abandon you! i REALLY think you're doing great. - I liked your story too!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
kls:

How are you doing? I haven't seen you post on this topic for 2 days. How many life saved now?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi kls,

I've been reading the story of the battle the whole time, in silence. i'm a non smoker, i've never smoked in my life, i come from a total non-smoker family, i can't stand the smoke. i tried few puffs in age of 18 (because everybody has to try it...) but i found it awful and never again felt tempted to start smoking.
I find it really excellent how well you're doing. keep on going ! i keep my fingers crossed for you.
all the best & take care,
lin
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Today marks a milestone for me:
1 month smoke-free! Dancing

It's been a very interesting month!
My first few days weren't too bad. I was so determined to quit, I just white-knuckled my way through. Day 5 was the worst. I felt like I was bouncing off the walls. The day felt something like this: Drool Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
I think you get the picture!
The next day I felt better, joined an online smoking cessation forum & never looked back!Very Happy
Oh sure there have been days that haven't been great, but they're getting fewer all the time. I did have a bout of feeling listless, but that seems to be over now.
I told my husband that I had been smoking, and that I had now quit. It wasn't an easy thing to do, but I'm glad I did it. Now I can be proud of my quit & not try to hide that too.

I also took an online quit smoking course about 2 weeks into my quit. I felt willpower was the only thing keeping me from smoking, and that if I wanted to make this work, I had to develop new skills & attitude to be a successful ex-smoker for the rest of my life.
This course changed everything for me. I no longer fear cravings or the emptiness one can feel when they no longer use smoking as a way to define, reward or puntuuate moments of their life. I can be with smokers and not feel like I'm missing out or not having fun because I'm not having a smoke. I've learned why we think a cigarette helps us manage stress & cope with our problems, when in fact, the oppposite is true. For anyone that is thinking of quitting or wants to quit, please check out this site:www.quitsmokingonline.com
It shows you that quitting isn't painful, and presents a new way of thinking that can change your life forever on how you look at kickin' some ash!
Please, if anyone of you out there thinks it's time to quit, please check out their online course (it's made to be taken while you're still smoking).
Well, I guess I've rambled on long enough. It would be nice to hear from some of the original posters of this thread. Hope everyone is doing well.

---
1m 9:13 smoke-free, 349 cigs not smoked, $124.80 saved, 1d 5:05 life saved
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
kls, you're doing so great!! It takes an amazing amount of willpower to quit, and you've done a great job. I think it's great that you've joined the forum and taken the class. I think these can only help you to keep you from starting back. I'm really proud of you. Quitting is one of the hardest things I've ever done.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
CONGRATS kls Exclamation Exclamation

What a great story you shared above.

btw. you've got a partner here..yep me Smile

I will be 4 mos. smoke-free as of August 28th.

I am so greatful that I am a non-smoker, FINALLY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Way to go girl!!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:

I will be 4 mos. smoke-free as of August 28th.

I am so greatful that I am a non-smoker, FINALLY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Lifeplyr01, this is for you:
Dancing
You rock girl!

4 months, wow! Very Happy Any tips for those of us just starting out??
It does feel good, doesn't it? I may only have a month behind me, but it is a month behind me. We have to start somewhere, right?... and of course, that's always at the beginning.
Thank you for sharing, it really means a lot, you're an Angel !
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have to quit, I always said I would never smoke past 25 and since my birthday was on Aug. 13th I guess I have to now.... Confused

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
kls:

Very, very happy for you and PROUD of you!!!!! I know how hard it is.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:14 am      Reply with quote
I listened today to a Dr. tell my 73 year old father it's up to him how long he wanted to live.

He spent three weeks hospitalized for four heart bypasses. All it took was one week at home for him to pick up his 60 year old habit again after going cold turkey for 3 weeks. The hospital even offered him the nicotine patch prior to surgery but he turned it down. Doc told him he's gained at least another 5 years of life after the surgery if he took care of himself. Start subtracting the years if he chose to continue smoking. He may feel that he's already lived 73 years but I'm not ready for him to leave his family yet. His life means so much to us. What was the purpose of surgery and hundreds of dollars worth of medication (13 prescription meds post op) if the second chance of life means so little? I know the choice is his but why would he put his family through this?

Congratulations to anyone who has tried to quit. I don't want to be preachy to those who want to stop smoking and find it's hard. And some may say living to 73 is pretty good and just leave a person to do what they want at that age. But please consider your loved ones may want you to continue many more years with them.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:45 am      Reply with quote
KLS : a big congrat ! you're great !
I'm happy that you feel the difference - this is the nicest reward for all the torture.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks MACrisis, Tosca & Lin23!
I promise to stay the course, no matter what! Very Happy
...because I pledged N.O.P.E.(not one puff ever) July 24, 2006
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
I have to quit, I always said I would never smoke past 25 and since my birthday was on Aug. 13th I guess I have to now.... Confused

Hi vonstella
I'm glad to hear you want to quit! But to be quite frank, you're going to have to want to quit more than you want to smoke, and "I guess I have to" attitude won't get you past your last cigarette.
You have to have a strong determination when you decide to quit. Words like maybe, try, guess, only work against you. Quitting can be hard at first, but it's not as bad as you think. Going into your quit with the right frame of mind is the only way to insure success & make it a rewarding experience.
I'm only a month into my quit & I've done great so far. But, I do realize I have to constantly be aware of situations that may trigger a craving, and always keep focused on my goal.
Check outwww.quitsmokingonline.com, you might find that they have just what you need to help you get started.
If you decide to quit (and I hope you do!), please keep us posted on your progress, ok?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
kls,

I understand what you are saying, I have quit before for about a year, and started again only b/c I wanted to(stupid I know). The good thing is I am one of those rare people that can quit cold turkey and be fine, I didnt mean to come across as a having a lazy attitude, I more so ment I set a time table for myself so now I have to stick to it! The truth is I enjoy smoking, but I know how bad it is and I dont think the risk is worth it. Thanks for the support, Ill keep you posted! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
The book "Easy Way to Quit Smoking" can help you get rid of the idea that you enjoy smoking. I got it from the library, and it really changed the way I thought about smoking.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |