Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
torricelumn
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fuzzy
5% products discount

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
hi every body......i use elizabeth grant skin care .... and i love it..... i realy would like to know what is torricelumn.....not the script gosple that comes from the elizbeth grant people which does not say much but realy what it is....is it something made up by the e/g people or does it realy exist if so WHAT IS IT?????????would love to hear from any one that can tell me where to go to find out check dictionary does not exist it there
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I tried it & didn't see a difference other than my satisfaction of adding another "anti-aging" layer. It really bugs me that they can say that torricelumn works when they won't say what it is. Alot of products seem to be like that now. They use their special name for whatever is in their line - they'll even say what it's good for but they won't say what the heck it IS!!! I know that the cosmeceutical business is a $$$$$ on but if they have the patent for something earth shattering, is it such a big deal to let us know. Question
Anyway, I continue to use it because I still have it, hoping that the big breakthrough is just around the corner Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi! First, I must say that I hated Elizabeth Grant. It did nothing for my skin and some of her products were extremely irritating But, it's great that it works for you.

The only thing that I can say about Torricelum is that it is their own mosturizing complex - a mixture of ingredients that are top secret and meant to stay that way. As you know, ingredients are not listed on any of her skin care products. My guess is that Torricelum can be a mixture of anything like mineral oil and vaseline with a splattering of parabens for preservatives.

I have reached the point where I won't put anything on my face without knowing what's in the products. As a consumer it's my right to know. I'm very suspicious of Elizabeth Grant for this very reason. I'm glad her products didn't work for me.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I was really excited about EG's Biocollasis cream. I had never seen my skin get so firm and smooth on my decollete and neck. I wanted to have it forever, but unfortunately it was too rich for me and made me break out. So I returned it and called to find out about the serums. All the girl kept telling me was that it had the same ingredients and was very calming. Well, I didn't get the same results at all. I tried to email the company several times to ask why the difference and kept getting overgeneralized responses that never answered my questions. One thing no one would tell me is what is the magic tightening ingredient? All they said was it was a difference in concentration. Anyway, I got so fed up I moved on. I've never experienced so much diversion. Rolling Eyes And there is nothing exceptional about the serums for older women IMO.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I find Elizabeth Grant products to be too rich for my skin. I prefer Aloette.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Just want to add that I found the a.m./p.m. serums to be just awful. They were so sticky and just sat on my skin. I had to eventually wash them off and throw them in the garbage.

To be fair, obviously there are people who like these serums. I am not one of them.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
They finally started stated what or partially what it is..its from the sea. Think la mer, they vat it for months to ferment before use as well, just like la mer. So my guess is they are all using the same seaweed type just fermating a bit differently. A dr. started using this during the war to heal wounds, and thats how she found it, he gave it too her to use. So ms grant didnt discover this the dr did. She just ran with it. Hope that helps.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, it helps. However, I'm skeptical. E.Grant's products are very different from La Mer. Different texture, consistency (well different everything!!!) And for me anyways, no glow!!! Why did it take so long to come out with this story? If this story is true why hide it for so long? Doesn't make sense.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
well the story of the dr isnt new nor was it ever hidden, I know all this from watching her sell her products, what came out a few months ago when selling these products was the source of where the torriculum came from. The fermenting process has always been told (big sealed vats for 3 months), at least when I saw her selling them. When I say think la mer, I def am not saying its the same product just the same ingredent. La mer formulates it into damn near a paste, so its just made diff and prob hugely diff in effectivness. Which is better, I am clueless, I am not touting either just telling ya what the secret ingredent is. Seems so many skin care lines now have SEA BIOKELP or something like that in it. On one show they stated they had damn near run out of their source and they were so excited to find a fresh, clean water supply of the seaweed!!!! hince how I know.
hope that helps
Melissa
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the scoop Melissa. Smile I've always wondered what torricelumn was.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
your very welcome, I just happened to catch the right shows when she blabbed all this. I think they thought the "secret" was a selling tactic (and maybe it was since shes sold this for what 50 yrs minus some time off that she stopped) and then realized we've all gotten pretty smart and wanted the info before we buy, so they started giving it. Plus seems alot have caught on to the seakelp secret, so if the cats out of the bag why not say why urs is special. And I am not an expert in anyway just reporting what they started saying.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like watching her shows. I find that she never talks about other ingredients aside from the Torricelumn. Have you noticed that she always ask us to trust her and order her products?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing so true, but she had a captive audience in me. I had had 3 seperate allergic reaction to different forms of penecillin,(long story) had my butt in bed and very ill. So she beat out auto racing Wink , it was a sunday and nothing was on. But it wasn't all for naught, I got to tell everyone the scoop Wink .
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing TV shopping. You have no idea how many times I've been suckered into ordering something.

BTW hope you're all better. Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks MelissaMarie for taking the time to give us this info. I only saw E. Grant once on t.v. and she wasn't giving out alot of info. In fact they were only blabbing on and on and on about how great the products were and of course there were those annoying phone-in testimonials with endless praise about how her products cured just about every affliction.

I have to say that when I saw E.G. on t.v. I always felt she was being photographed through a high powered soft focus lense. But, that's just me.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Your very welcome, I learn so much on here I am always happy when I can contribute. Not sure on the lense thing, but I do know some woman age great no matter what they use, my grandmother was one, and all she used was oil of olay, so go figure. I dont think you can ever take the spokespersons appearance at face value unless theres a before where you can see the difference.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think Elizabeth Grant products have any firming properties. I don't want to be rude but her skin isn't firm.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
For those Canadian gals who love Elizabeth Grant, her products are being featured on the Shopping Channel today (www.tsc.ca). She has a showstopper. I browse the website quite often.

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product_detail.asp?templateCode=SS&itemId=373989&departmentId=1542
fuzzy
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
well guy's i started all this with a question...so i guese i can add a coment or two it sure is fun reading all the statements... ok here goes do not compare elizebth grant with the over priced lamar that stuff is the worst in the world.. ever wonder why they do not have any samples to try?????? because if they did no one would ever spend any money for them they are no good and do nothing except cost money. at least e/g products work and yes she is a crazy lady and funny sorry to see that she will no longer be on shop at home network i don't know if we casn get her products from canada or not when i e-mailed e/g they gave me a 800 number to call and re-order products. any way thanks for all the info. fuzzy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes I didnt compare her to la mer, I was referring to the ingredient........and she is no longer on shop at home network because no one is..they no longer exist
fuzzy
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
they still exist but just sell coins and collectables bought out by the jewlery tv channel broke my heart
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
who knew that eg could be so controversial Very Happy I recently tried the Biocollasis and thought it was really nice - you have to be careful with it though - the texture is odd - a bit sticky...I think it would make an excellent flight cream...I watched her on Saturday and got really peeved off -- when Biocollasis was first introduced she said to put it on top of your regular eg cream at night.....Now she is saying to use it alone...which is it? It really peeved me off....
Pudoodles
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
lmao thats why I tried to explain the miracle ingredient, seems they always say something different. When she first started selling bio stuff they didnt even tell anyone when to use it, sounds like now she wants everyone to use it up faster Laughing !!! She is a hoot, and always does give different directions and must haves...I used some of her stuff its very very hydrating but no miracle.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Fuzzy here is the scoop on EG. I wrote to Paula Begoun several years ago and asked HER what torricelumn was. And this is what she said, torricelumn is NOT an ingredient at all. (Thats why we can't find any info on it). Some cosmetic companies attach a name to their product line for marketing purposes and this is Ms Grant did. I AM a user of her products and LOVE them.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
hey suzie ur right they made up the name, but back in april or so they did explain it to the lucky few who were watching them sell it that day...this was EG herself...seems the spot they collected this magic ingredient was being totally depleted...and at last they found an even better source spot in the ocean mind you. They spent the entire weekend selling the new serum with the new sourced product in it. I think her stuff great for hydration, I really cant say a bad thing about it, I just never saw any improvement other than that. So the names made up the ingredients not. I for one was shocked they were telling, since they never ever had before.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |