Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
bare escentuals make up
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fuzzy
5% products discount

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
i luv.. luv.. luv.. bare escentuals make up it does not look like make up, but it cover's the skin and makes skin look healthy and glowing the first make up( if you can call it make up) that did not sit in wrinkles and make them look deeper. little goes a long way....found it through qvc.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Am not sure what 'mineral make-up at it's best' is hmm Is this a brand?
The Bare Escentuals did not work for me.

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I found BE to be good but a little bit too shiny for my liking. I'm now using Jane Iredale and True Cosmetics.

*poll deleted by Mabsy*
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Physicians Formula and am very pleased with the results Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I found a new mineral makeup by Wei East? I dont know if any of you have heard about her but the powder is super smooth and i love it:) I do like bare escentuals too Very Happy
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered this mineral foundation from sheer miracale and it was terrible it was to shiney on my face and made my pores look HUGE did not like it aat all and will never order it again. I ordered some other mineral foundation from LAREMIN so i will see how it does. has anybody heard of it? i am having problems finding something that won't make my pores lool huge and my face more oilier and i don't want the shine. does anyone have any suggestions? Brick wall
fuzzy
5% products discount

Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
sunshynebug wrote:
I ordered this mineral foundation from sheer miracale and it was terrible it was to shiney on my face and made my pores look HUGE did not like it aat all and will never order it again. I ordered some other mineral foundation from LAREMIN so i will see how it does. has anybody heard of it? i am having problems finding something that won't make my pores lool huge and my face more oilier and i don't want the shine. does anyone have any suggestions? Brick wall
if you had bare escentuals i think you would like it it is hard to get used to only useing a very small amount but take the time it is worth it
thatgirlangie
5% products discount

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Larenim is awesome. The reason your pores looked huge is because Sheer Miracle (made by Youngblood) contains Bismuth Oxychloride. Not only is Bismuth an irritant to most skins, it is shiny.

Larenim is what I use--it is Bismuth-free and is not chalky. You have to build coverage... it takes patience and practice at first, but it is seriously the best mineral make up out there. I am looking at ordering the pressed to see how that works. Kristin Corcoran, the owner, will personally answer any questions you have over email. I have emailed her several times with questions. She says the pressed offers more coverage, but because you have oily skin you may do better to put a thin layer of Dusk Til Dawn Treatment on, then buff in your loose foundation. Finish with a light dusting, or buffing (your preference) of Mineral Silk. Larenim may seem expensive, but it's actually not bad compared to Sheer Miracle, Bare Escentuals, etc. Plus, I've tried at least ten other brands of MMU, and this is hands-down the best!
thatgirlangie
5% products discount

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
btw, if you have oily skin you will not be happy with bare escentuals... it contains a lot bismuth. don't waste your money.
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hey thatagirlangie

LAREMIN is pretty good and i really liked it until i just got a free sample of EVERYDAY MINERALS this stuff is AWSOME way better than LAREMIN, it goes on so smooth and is sooooooooo silky I like both products like the dusk til dawn but i like the EVERYDAY MINERALS best. this stuff really rocks. you ladies ought to try it they send you a free samples of this stuff and all you pay is shipping. it just cost me $3.90 well worth the money Very Happy
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
the reason i ordered the sheer mir is because it does not contain Bismuth oxychloride, but waht ever it has in it i don't like there products at all
thatgirlangie
5% products discount

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think I got Sheer Miracle confused with Sheer Cover. I tried Everyday Miracles and it made my skin itch and dry out (literally cracked my skin). I had read awesome reviews for it, so I was disappointed when neither of their formulations (yes, I am a dork and ordered them all--original glo, semi-matte, and matte) worked for me.

I will say that if someone doesn't have a reaction like I had to Everyday Minerals, it covers the best. I am able to use their blush, for some reason, which I love (Color: Siesta).

I'm glad you like Everyday Minerals--they are way more affordable and cover better. However, my skin does best with Larenim.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirlangie wrote:
However, my skin does best with Larenim.

Thatgirlangie, what do you mean? Larenim improves skin texture, or doesn't dry it out? How does it compare to Everyday Minerals?
thatgirlangie
5% products discount

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Dollbird,

Larenim is really good about not drying your skin out. The mica and titanium are coated in dimethicone, which keep the minerals from being too harsh. It also gives the makeup good "slip." I'm not tons impressed with the coverage of Larenim, but it will not break you out or dry you out, and it will actually clear up blemishes. I've never had a problem with it clogging my pores either.

Everyday Minerals has excellent coverage--probably one of the best for coverage. However, the quality of the minerals are not that great. I have very sensitive skin, which mineral makeup is supposed to be perfect for. I found that Everyday Minerals bothered my skin horribly. Awful, AWFUL itching, and my skin looked like a parched dessert after a few hours. I have combination-oily skin.

But, some people have no problem with Everyday Minerals. I recommend Larenim and Alpha Skincare Mineral Foundation Powder (which I just recently discovered, tried, and now love).

Hope this helps.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Thatgirlangie, that was certainly helpful. Will look into Alpha Skincare.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
BE is good but not for me, made my face so shiney & oily Neutral
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I fell in love with MMU after trying BE. It gives me a nice sheen and natural coverage. Only after reading this site, then I realized that there are SO many MMU brands out there. The Bismuth thingy didn't bothered me (at least not that I know of). I tried Everyday Minerals but unfortunately the shades were not a good match with mine. It also turns slightly orangey after I had it on for 30mins.

Where can I get samples of Larenim and True cosmetics? Anyone can advise what shade(s) to get if I am using BE Fairly Light 1.2? I am Asian with yellow undertones, Fair to medium. Thanks!
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I too found BE too shiny and gave me a sort of greyish/silver cast... I kept repowdering with the Mineral Veil to tone it down but that wasnt really that practical!
I am hoping L'Oreal's new mineral makeup wont take forever to get out here to Australia ( as they usually do) ...want to try that one.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Razz - Bare Escentuals - Works for me.

With it being summer time, it's really important to find something that will cover up my hyperpigmented spots, while still being sheer enough not to smudge, not cake inside my crevices making a more pronounced wrinkle, and of course...not be too oily for my own good. Along came Bare Escentuals which I was holding off using. When a stranger stops you in the street and says "...you look really nice, good to see people don't have to wear a lot of makeup", then you know you've found the right makeup and applied it correctly. You do need to have the right cleansing and moisturizing and sebum reducing/mattifying products to make sure it all comes together properly. I didn't think I'd keep staring at myself in the mirror, but I am and it's really me looking at Bare Escentuals on my skin than staring at me. I've got oily skin and I've heard this isn't a great product for that, but in the end, it really is working.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I really like the look of Everyday Minerals, except it tends to settle into all my fine lines. Looks like I'll be trying Larenim next. I'm just concerned about the size of their samples. If the full size is 5gms, exactly how small are the samples? I know the website says "between 1-5 days". What have those who have ordered samples found?
thatgirlangie
5% products discount

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Larenim samples last about a week, maybe a little longer. The samples are larger than the Everyday Minerals samples. Definitely try a blush sample too... the blush in the sample will last you a month, and they have great blush!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I've been waiting for my everyday mineral samples, but so far i'm happy with the BE, even though i'm oily. I had been using Pure Luxe before that, and although I liked some of their products like the eraser, the powders just made my skin look too dry and accentuated lines and pores.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
BE is the first minerial mu I have used and the last, I hated the way it looked on me, it looked so greasy and my pores were huge! I didnt find a broad color selection and it always looked like it was about to slide off my face. Currently I am using Lorac wet/dry powder foundation, the wear is good and with medium coverage. Im planning on trying JI next b/c of the great reviews Ive read here, hopefully it will work out better.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
lcd
5% products discount

Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Fuzzy,

Does the bare essentials also cover redness, freckles and blemishes? Or is it just good to use as a setting powder? I really hate wearing foundation as I've heard it has long term effects of aging the skin.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
really wanted to try bare escentuals' blushes but they only offer it in their spa! canada is miles away!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |