Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

puffy eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
athena_soon

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but love it so far!
I wanted to pick your knowledge on puffy eyes. I'm 21 but I have horribly puffy, dark, eyes, with thin tissue and deep lines starting in them. I haven't been into beauty for most of my life, so I honestly don't know how long I've had them. I just know I want to get rid of them! They feel tired... even if I've gotten enough sleep they have that puffy tired eyes feeling. I work at the computer a lot- could this be contributing? If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. It's mostly the puffiness I'm concerned about, because I can't even cover that. Second, the darkness. I'm tired of people asking me if I'm okay!!!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome!

My top tips are:
Make sure you get enough rest
Take a good vitamin C supplement
Always keep a couple of spoons in your fridge to put on your eyes (this works) Or put them in the freezer for a short time before you do it.
Peter Thomas Roth Power K eye cream. Pricy but works!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:34 am      Reply with quote
At 21 you should not be plagued with constant puffy eyes. The occasional morning after a late night out and little sleep is ok but to have them everyday suggests to me that there may be something else wrong.
There may be something in your work environment aggravating your eyes, eg airconditioning which is drying them out or you may be suffering eye strain due to needing glasses or you may need a glare cover over the computer screen. Perhaps first, get your eyes checked by an optometrist as a first step.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I have constant puffy eyes but that's all. No dark undereyes, no circles, no dryness just puffiness. I was born with them - probably fatty deposits I assume. I'm still looking for an HG eye gel that would diminish them - all I've found are eye gels that maintain and don't make them worse. I don't use concealer under my eyes either. I'm going for the Cellcosmet eye gel with my voucher, seems like it's got good reviews here in EDS. Hopefully it can diminish (or almost diminish) my puffiness.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Athena!

I would totally recommend the IlluminEYES duo from Ice Elements that is available at hsn for those in the US. The duo contains both the eye serum and the eye cream. The serum is great for both puffyness and dark circles or dark pigmentation... Actually, you may want to use only the serum, as that may be all you need.

Good luck in whatever you choose!

Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much for all your replies! i will let you know what i choose and how it goes... who knows, maybe it's all of the above!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
you need to drink more water!!! lots and lots of it! sounds simple but suprising how many women (of all ages)dont Surprised ...dehydration is really really bad for your system and your skin will suffer.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I find the Juvena Serum really effective in reducing puffy eyes. Have Bushy to thank for her recommendation! I've got my mum to start using it too and she loves it. As for darkness under your eyes, i've yet to find something that helps me.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
You might also try Dr. Hauschka Eye Solace. It works wonders on my eyes when they're itchy, red, and puffy from seasonal allergies.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
sisley eye and lip contour balm does the job!
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
http://thedermatologyreport.blogstream.com/

Go there..they rated eyederma to be the best eye cream out of 30. Also I read potassium supplements or eating a banana will help with dark circles. Refrigerating your eyecream can help calm down some of the puffiness or at least it feels refreshing.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
bex wrote:
http://thedermatologyreport.blogstream.com/

Go there..they rated eyederma to be the best eye cream out of 30. Also I read potassium supplements or eating a banana will help with dark circles. Refrigerating your eyecream can help calm down some of the puffiness or at least it feels refreshing.

I read the same report and purchased the no.1 eyederma online, it's the 16th business day since i ordered but the parcel didnt arrive yet, i called them and they sent another one to me, will keep you guys posted!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
athena_soon wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but love it so far!
I wanted to pick your knowledge on puffy eyes. I'm 21 but I have horribly puffy, dark, eyes, with thin tissue and deep lines starting in them. I haven't been into beauty for most of my life, so I honestly don't know how long I've had them. I just know I want to get rid of them! They feel tired... even if I've gotten enough sleep they have that puffy tired eyes feeling. I work at the computer a lot- could this be contributing? If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. It's mostly the puffiness I'm concerned about, because I can't even cover that. Second, the darkness. I'm tired of people asking me if I'm okay!!!

I've had a similar problem and found out that it had to do with one of my glands. Getting a simple blood test will rule it out.
Using Vitamin C is good for the dark circles and at night I would suggest Re Vive eye renewal or Cellcosmet eye contour gel-XT. Both can be applied on the eyelids! Years ago, when there was a lot of death in my family, I could not sleep and cried and I think I had a lot of salt in my diet because I ate a lot of hospital foods. Both lower and upper eyelids were swollen and they looked like balloons! Shock I put on Re Vive and it worked!
Recently, I'm stressed with this job interview, night school and feeling overwhelmed with the school load of information. I woke up in the middle of the night to find the same thing happen to me years ago. I applied Cellcosmet eye contour gel-XT and worked just as well as Re Vive. Very Happy

Both Vitamin C and Cellcosmet is very expensive and worth the investment. Even if all is well afterwards, the same products will continue to prevent signs of aging and the gel makes your eye area feel firm.
As you get older, you may want to get a cream, depending where you live (if there is a lot of humidity) and if your skin fets this pulling/tight feeling (some dryness).
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
you need to drink more water!!! lots and lots of it! sounds simple but suprising how many women (of all ages)dont Surprised ...dehydration is really really bad for your system and your skin will suffer.

I would agree with you on that....another sign is that puffy eyes is telling you that you are dehydrated and/or may have kidney stones! Shock
That is what happen to me several times Neutral
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Wasn't the eyederma the same as OCUDERM? I remember looking at the same report months ago, did they change the name? The info on eyederma is the same as it was with ocuderm, EXACTLY the same. I read on EDS that ocuderm was just hype and that there's no real reseach on it (do a search). That was what put me off from buying it in the first place.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Wasn't the eyederma the same as OCUDERM? I remember looking at the same report months ago, did they change the name? The info on eyederma is the same as it was with ocuderm, EXACTLY the same. I read on EDS that ocuderm was just hype and that there's no real reseach on it (do a search). That was what put me off from buying it in the first place.

yes yes you are right, they changed the name! too bad i already bought one!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
my experience is, if i drink water after 9 pm , i will get up with very puffery eyes.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I was that you're not supposed to drink anything after 8 p.m. No sodas after 7 p.m. I was also taking a sleep class because I was having problems sleeping....maybe those rules don't or shouldn't apply to evrryone???????
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
bex wrote:
I was that you're not supposed to drink anything after 8 p.m. No sodas after 7 p.m. I was also taking a sleep class because I was having problems sleeping....maybe those rules don't or shouldn't apply to evrryone???????

According to Chinese traditional medical theroies, the puffy eyes and dark circles have something to do with the person's kidney health.
i have tried quite a few stuff, Origins no puffery eye mask and Sisley's eye and lip contour balm seem to work for me, well can't completely remove the problem but it helps.
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using PSF cranberry eyelift, and find that if I wake up with puffy eyes and apply this it deflates them right away. Jury's still out on dark circles and fine lines - haven't been using it long enough to tell Very Happy
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
elizasue wrote:
I have been using PSF cranberry eyelift, and find that if I wake up with puffy eyes and apply this it deflates them right away. Jury's still out on dark circles and fine lines - haven't been using it long enough to tell Very Happy

Elizasue

Does it also deflate the lower lids eg puffy bags under your eyes?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
yup, it sure does.
I use it on both my upper and lower lids. I don't really need much "lifting", so the effects I see are mainly in depuffing my undereye area. I am using this in the AM only, been using about 2 wks now. My biggest wow from this though is that it is not irritating me - doesn't make my skin burn or my eyes sting and itch and turn red - a major accomplishment Very Happy
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
It will be on my next order from EDS Exclamation

I've ready elsewhere in the forum that it is not moisturising enough. Do you put another eye cream/gel over it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have puffy eyes too, but I have a dry eye. I use tears and patanol to help with my eyes.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I tired Valmont's Valmont L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS Eye Regenerating Cream last night, it didn't stop me having very puffery eyes this morning!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |