Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Yoga
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone interested in this? I recently got a women's yoga book from the library and I loooove it! I haven't quite mastered the sequences or anything, but I'm improvising and improving and I LOVE IT!

I had no idea yoga was so difficult and so rewarding. Does anyone else practice yoga?
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Freva!

Yoga is wonderful. I love it. It stregthens my body, calms my heart, increases my awareness, and a bunch of other things, too.

What book did you get?

I recommend Max Strom's Strength and Healing dvd. Great guy, lots of info about the asanas.

It's also really nice to go to an actual class with a live teacher who can help with alignment, which is really important.

I'm so glad you found this, too Very Happy

namaste,

Bella

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
The book I have is called The Woman's Book of Yoga and Health. It has all these groups of sequences that you can do if you're pregnant, or menstrating, or if you're depressed...or just want to feel good!

I'll check out the dvd you mentioned and yeah, I am thinking about taking a class, but I'm shy Embarassed I want to go to a women's gym or something, but I want to find a special instructor, and not just someone, you know. Who just teaches. Don't wanna waste my money on someone who isn't very socially friendly or anything like that, or enforces a competitive environment. I don't know..
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yoga is great. I'm someone who likes to do this type of workout as a group. Something working in a group that gives me more motivation (plus a commitment).
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I know what you mean about finding the right teacher. But most teachers are pretty understanding, and you never know, you might find your favorite one right off!

I thought my fav teacher was going to be a woman, but it turned out to be Max Strom, the man whose dvd I recommended. He teaches workshops entirely devoted to breathing! It's amazing! Although yoga is getting more popular with men, many classes I go to are mostly women anyway.

It's okay to be shy, you can be quiet and keep to youself. I do. You can arrive early and tell the teacher you're new, and maybe ask some questions. And if you don't feel right doing an asana, you don't have to do it. Smile

Maybe look for an Inyeger class in your area, that style focuses on alignment. And even if you feel pretty comfortable doing yoga, try a beginner class, you might feel more at ease. I like beginners classes.

Some studios offer discounted community classes for $5 or something. Maybe don't pay for a whole set until you know you like the teacher.

That book sounds good. I'll check it out. Nice to learn about what is for women specifically. I heard it's not good for women to do inversions while menstruating (like plow, or headstand), but I never follow that rule! Laughing

Cheers,
Bella

5% products discount

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I've started doing yoga last year and it was so freaking hard and challenging!! To me it was like running a marathon, I was so ridget and had so much trouble touching my toes but now I love it! I still hate going but I never regret going.

I do bikram's yoga and its in a heated room. At first you feel like you are going to faint but if you practice it reg your body will get use to it.

Yoga is one of the best things I have done. A chance to either unwind for the day or to wake your body up at 6am.

It's one of those activities where you are not competing with anyone and you go at your own pace. No rush.

LUV IT
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing yoga for years & i love it from the first second on.
I started because i had problems to relax and sleep. It helped me immedietely (i do hatha-yoga).

Freva you should definitely go to a class with a teacher - some positions have to be done very precise and you need somebody to correct you, otherwise you could harm yourself.

have fun!
lin23
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
i used to do yoga and it was an absolute life changing experience.. after i commited myself to practice my whole life changed for the better.. i looked better/fitter, my mind and emotions were content and at peace, less worries fears and doubts and i was more fluid and easy going.
i havent done any for over a year but i would really like to get started again.. but i am kind of scared of the other participants in the class (looking at me or judging me --silly paranioa i know, but when i see people staring at me it disturbs me) or i'd find other excuses like this not to go cause im lazy. lol
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
It's okay to be shy, you can be quiet and keep to youself. I do. You can arrive early and tell the teacher you're new, and maybe ask some questions. And if you don't feel right doing an asana, you don't have to do it

Okay Embarassed Good idea. And I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one feeling like that too.

Quote:
That book sounds good. I'll check it out. Nice to learn about what is for women specifically. I heard it's not good for women to do inversions while menstruating (like plow, or headstand), but I never follow that rule!

Oh geez, I'd just die. Some of the stances I guess look pretty comfortable and sooting for menstruating women, not anything complicated. It's a worthy book to check out.

Quote:
I started because i had problems to relax and sleep. It helped me immedietely (i do hatha-yoga).

That's interesting...I could definitely use something like this since I have so much tension in my neck and back. What is hatha-yoga? Is there lots of different kinds of yoga?

Thanks for replying everyone. Your stories and comments are very empowering and will sort of push me along into taking classes and making sure I don't fall out of such a healthy pastime Wink
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love Yoga. I always feel more relaxed, healthier and stronger after a class. In fact I am considering taking a yoga teacher training course this year to learn and improve some more. I think it's one of the best exercises I've taken up. And the great thing about it is that anyone can do it no matter how flexible. It's about honouring yourself and your strengths as well as your limits. Your challenges and goals are personal ones and there are always great teachers and fellow yogis to help encourage you and help you along. It is absolutely a mind, body and spirit experience and I highly recommend it to all who have never tried it.
LindseyLS1
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I Yoga!!! I used to go to Yoga classes 2X a week at Bally Total Fitness until I got lazy.. But when I was still going to the classes I noticed that I was not only becoming more flexible and looking more toned, my back problems went away and I slept so much better! The lady who taught the classes would sometimes come around and give everyone mini neck and shoulder massages during the cooldown!! Very Happy
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am a yoga fanatic. I love the fact that it's both a physical and mental challenge. I find many other forms of exercising so tedious and repetitive, but yoga just engaged me from the first time I tried it. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much definition and tone I've gained from just a simple yoga routine and a daily 3-mile walk.
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
If there was any hesitation I had before, my commitment is definitely solidified now. Laughing
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I love it! Nothing else makes me feel better when im feeling drained of energy. Also ive noticed after a session my face looks fresher and eyes brighter! No other exercise does that for me, now if i can just do it more regularly....
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
anyone tried kundalini yoga?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
i love yoga! have just started again. When I first begin the first few sessions make me really nauseous - all th edeep breathing seems to stir up all those toxins!!!

after I while I really get in to it tho. My body feels very overweight and clumsy at the moment
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
am looking forward to getting my grace back!
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
and I forgot to ad - bikram yoga is amazing - but soooo hard (is it the same as hatha???)

in the hot, hot, hot room?

my flatmate goes all the time and she looks awesome!

i should start doing the hot yoga (have gone once) but I even find "normal" yoga pretty challenging so maybe i will work up to it
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
bella77 wrote:
and I forgot to ad - bikram yoga is amazing - but soooo hard (is it the same as hatha???)

Hi bella77!

Hatha yoga is the term for the physical branch of yoga, the way of balancing mind, body and spirit through physical 'asanas'. Bikram is one style of Hatha yoga.

There are other spiritual branches of yoga besides Hatha, that are tools or guides to self realization, but they are not as popular in the west right now.

This site explains the different paths of yoga:

http://www.yogapoint.com/info/typesofyoga.htm

And one that explains the Hatha yoga styles:

http://www.yogasite.com/yogastyles.html

Freva and everyone- what asana feels best for you right now? I really like half pigeon. It really makes my hips feel nice.

http://www.yogacards.com/yoga-postures-2/kapotasana-pigeon-pose.html

Very Happy Very Happy Bella

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bella,

i went to the homepage of yogacards.com and found the homepage of a new Bikram-place in Vienna (I've made classic hatha yet). I'm goig to check it out next week - thanks a lot !
Wit Hatha i loved the breath-exercises, nothing cleared my head & relaxed me better than that !
l.,
lin
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |