Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C+A+B5+E serum? is it better?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
linda carter
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I used to use vitamin 20% vit C + B5 + E Serum. Now the company added vit A to this serum, i am not sure whether anybody experience using vitamin 20% C + A + E + B5 in one serum. is it better? the list of ingredients is:
'Rosa X Damascena'* hydrosols (Rose Water,) Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Stabilised Vitamin C), Aloe Barbadensis* (Aloevera) Concentrate, Aqua & Phospholipids & Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Corylus Avellana (Hazelnut) Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Alcohol*, Hydrocotyle asiatica'* (Gotu Kola) Extract, 'Symphytum spp'* (Comfrey) Extract, Vaccinium myrtillus'* (Billberry) Extract, 'Althea officinalis'* (Marshmallow) Extract, Lactic acid, Panax Ginseng'* Extract, 'Arctium lappa'* (Burdock) Extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra'* (Liquorice) Extract, 'Calendula officinalis'* (Calendula) Extract, Tocopherol (Plant-based Vitamin E), Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A), Bisabolol, Hydrolysed ulva lactuca Extract (Aosine -Marine Algae), Glucose & Glucose Oxidase & Lacto Peroxidase (Natural Enzyme Preservative), 'Echinacea purpurea'* (Echinacea) Extract, Xantham Gum (Natural Thickener).
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi linda, sounds like the more vitamins the better. the serum i am using now has C E and ferulic acid. i haven't heard of A being in a serum. from what i read, A helps with cell regenaration and immunity and is nourishing, so sounds like you have a super serum there. btw, which brand is it exactly?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
ISC Proheal has C E and A in it! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi skincareaddicted,

it sounds good to me too! so i am going to order one when i finished mine. it's called antioxidant youthful essence from henry tianus. Been using the previous version before they added vitamin A and am pleased with the result but recently they added vitamin A so let see when it tried the new one.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl--i have been wondering about ISC. i have only ever used vitamic c serums from DHC (wasn't that impressed) and skinceuticals. skinceuticals suits me well, but and i am a sucker for new lines. Razz

linda carter--i googled Henry Tianus...seems to be available in the UK exclusively. still, love the nourishing factor of vitamin A--my cheeks get dry a lot and i need all the cell regeneration i can get! Laughing

have you both used skinceuticals serums before? if so how do they compare with ISC and Henry Tianus?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted - no, I haven't used skincueticals so cannot help you with a comparison. Sorry. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I use Proheal, Super (alternating) and Active Serums. I only use Active occasionally and only on my lower face so as to not aggrevate the rosacea.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
linda carter wrote:
I used to use vitamin 20% vit C + B5 + E Serum. Now the company added vit A to this serum, i am not sure whether anybody experience using vitamin 20% C + A + E + B5 in one serum. is it better? the list of ingredients is:
'Rosa X Damascena'* hydrosols (Rose Water,) Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Stabilised Vitamin C), Aloe Barbadensis* (Aloevera) Concentrate, Aqua & Phospholipids & Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Corylus Avellana (Hazelnut) Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Alcohol*, Hydrocotyle asiatica'* (Gotu Kola) Extract, 'Symphytum spp'* (Comfrey) Extract, Vaccinium myrtillus'* (Billberry) Extract, 'Althea officinalis'* (Marshmallow) Extract, Lactic acid, Panax Ginseng'* Extract, 'Arctium lappa'* (Burdock) Extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra'* (Liquorice) Extract, 'Calendula officinalis'* (Calendula) Extract, Tocopherol (Plant-based Vitamin E), Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A), Bisabolol, Hydrolysed ulva lactuca Extract (Aosine -Marine Algae), Glucose & Glucose Oxidase & Lacto Peroxidase (Natural Enzyme Preservative), 'Echinacea purpurea'* (Echinacea) Extract, Xantham Gum (Natural Thickener).

Nice formula. And other than the alcohol I'm really impressed with the items. The Vit A (retinol palmitate) is pretty far down the list, so don't think it would cause a reaction in more sensitive types.

(hmmm, look at me jotting down the list to try to recreate this, lol - without the alcohol)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I just received the item yesterday, only been using it once. It is really good! You are right Candy8865, it seems quite gentle on sensitive skin (my skin is slightly sensitive and it does not cause me any problem at all). I asked the company why there is alcohol there, they said that they used the organic rye alcohol for the herbal extract/tincture.

Skincareaddict, i think they send the products to some countries when you ordered it online.

i like to see how it goes after using for few weeks whether it is better than without vit A.
Sarah Jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:16 am      Reply with quote
I was using antioxidant youthful essence previously and it was very good. So I placed an order for a new one, hope to get it soon. i found henry tianus products are extermely good, but it's not cheap. I stopped using them for few months when I was on maternity leave (can't afford to use the whole range), now I am back to work so I would like to get back to my routine but this time I also would like to try few other different brands.
Mabsy

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:33 am      Reply with quote
So, Linda, is that a Henry Tianus serum that you just started using? And, Sarah, have you tried the product that Linda is talking about?

I am just wondering since you both appear to always post on EDS from the same computer....
Sarah Jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:55 am      Reply with quote
I am at the internet coffee at Totenham Court Road in Central London at this moment waiting for my next job interview 1 pm. I am looking for a new job after came back from maternity leave and found my job is not as good as before. At this moment, I am no longer using Henry products since I was out of work for a while. I just ordered one of his product that I used before, so should be with me within days I suppose. Linda, are you also in this coffee shop right now?

If yes, let's have a chat. I was sitting close to the window, 3 rows from the left in brown shirt and trouser.

Mabsy, it will be nice if my honesty will be rewarded by selecting me as the winner for this week's coupon. I will certainly use it since I am now on the road back to my skin care routine and in the mood of trying different brands.

Thank you!
Mabsy

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Well, then that is quite a coincidence because your history of same IP usage extends to more than just your current IP address. So, you might have yourself a stalker because that tells me that you both use the same computer wherever that may be (not just the same internet cafe say, as they generally don't firewall them off) Smile I think you will agree that ordinarily that would look suspicious, and even more so when ~30% of your posts and Linda's posts are about Henry Tianus products. So you can see where I am coming from.

No can do on the voucher I'm afraid my dear - the draws are random, but good luck with the job interview Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I hate to be suspicious, but I remember there being a spate of Henry Tianus raves by a couple of new posters on the UK handbag.com forum some time ago.

If this is the same kind of thing, then I do wish people wouldn't do it. Puts me right off using the products.
Mabsy

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Oh dear, I hate to be suspicious, but I remember there being a spate of Henry Tianus raves by a couple of new posters on the UK handbag.com forum some time ago.

If this is the same kind of thing, then I do wish people wouldn't do it. Puts me right off using the products.

I know, majorb. This is what has me worried as well. I am all for genuine reviews but anything fishy puts me off trying them straight away. I just realised that this is not the first time we've had Henry Tianus and Linda/Sarah "questions" here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=69812
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
wow Mabsy! never knew this forum was regulated like that, but then again, i have never been an admin and get to see what yall see! good thing though, i don't want any fakers!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:56 am      Reply with quote
That list of top products from the Independent was also quoted on handbag.com by the enthusiastic Henry Tianus new posters, Mabsy.

As much as I love to read reviews on products, I'd only ever take notice of those written by genuine posters.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Ms Mabsy "you are the bomb" as my teen age kids would say....(and I won't worry one ounce about you and that building project)

Babs Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |