Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Lip Color and Lipstick Brand
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
any suggestions? Going to school soon for make-up classes and curious to see what everyone's favorites are!Smile
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is City Lips!!! I love the plump it has given me, and the colored versions are very nice.

Another favorite is Burt's Bees Lip Shimmies.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
My favorite is City Lips!!! I love the plump it has given me, and the colored versions are very nice.

Another favorite is Burt's Bees Lip Shimmies.

Lori

My big second to CITY LIPS !! Great product - both the clear treatment and the lip colors.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I love MAC lustre lipstick in Sweetie.
Also like Jane Iredale lipgloss in Candid Rose

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I guess it's technically more like a coloured balm than a lipstick but my vote definitely goes to -

Stila Clear Colour in Berry

It's the only lipstick that I've bought more than once, in fact I think I've gone through about five of them now.

Great long-lasting colour. I know Stila can be a bit pricy (well it is in Asia anyway) but this is well worth it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
That's my favourite too, appletini! I'm thinking of trying it in Guava next time, though.

Berry is one of those colours which would probably suit just about anyone.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Majorb
I got a little over-enthusiastic at the Stila counter a while back and bought wine, grape, coral and pink...all of which remain unused while I continue to use the berry shade. Laughing

I heard it's one of Stila's most popular products.
linda carter
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Dior and Estee Lauder are good at make up department.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I don't wear lipstick all that often (if I do I go the sheer route...like Chanel aqualumiere in Barbados or Clinique Almost Lipstick).
Otherwise I'm a total lipgloss junkie.

I love MAC lipglass and Chanel glossimer.
Right now my gloss of choice is Delux Beauty, it won an Allure award a few years ago. Goes on beautifully and is not sticky (amazing!)

The one gloss I really need to order and try is Nars.

I'm always looking for fun glosses to try.
(I had a short stint with Dessert Beauty and Too Faced lip injection, I'm not really a fan of either).

I do agree that City Lips is great!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
i love delux beauty glosses <3 they are adorable

and i absolutely adore MAC, more than just their lipglosses! great color selection Smile

I need to try these stila clear color things:-P
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I am trying to switch to natural lipsticks such as Dr. Hauschka and Annemarie Borlind, but, my heart (lips?) belongs to MAC Laughing

I also love Prada's coloured balms and the Savannah Bee Company's tinted balms for going casual and to keep in my gym bag Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
MAC lipglass never fails!
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't wear lipcolor unless it's the long lasting type (or a lipstain, which does last a while as well) because I am too lazy/forgetful to reapply lipcolor throughout the day. My current favorite is Maybelline Superstay. The colors I have tried are flattering on me and they don't seem to dry my lips up.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
MAC has one of the best selections of shades. My favs being Hue (HG nude lipstick), Brave, Fabby, Angel. To me, Lola Cosmetics makes the most flattering shade of pink...it's the pink scattered all over magazines as the perfect summer shade- light pink, almost lilac, with a hint of blue undertone. Their shade is called Precious and i've never found another shade like it in other brands.
Grace_K
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I love MAC and BB.
But I have to try the Mineral L/S.
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
by Terry lipsticks and glosses - great colors and texture

Kanebo the Lipstick - insane price but lasts amazingly well and leaves my desert lips moist Shock
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I like Smashbox Lipstain. Lasts a long time, looks, berry stained, and tastes yummy.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love Guerlain lippies!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I mix vasaline jelly with any lipstick for a quick natural looking gloss. I always use carmex SPF lipbalm before so I have some sunprotection.
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Shiseido has a line called Marquillage which i love and Stila's lipgloss. Cargo's gloss that come in a big container isn't bad either.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:01 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I love Guerlain lippies!!

Me too! Especially the new formula KissKiss & KissKiss Maxi Shines I have a bit of collection happening at the moment Very Happy (Not really a big fan of the old KissKiss or Colour & Shine formulas too much though)

I also don't mind Dior Addict lipsticks as well.

Have fun at make-up/beauty school, nikkilici0us! Very Happy
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I keep seeing in other threads that people like Clinique lipstick. Am I the only one who hates them. I find them to be really grainy and gummy. I only have one, a bright red, that I like. It's creamy.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Shiseido The Makeup Perfecting Lipstick in Tahiti Pink (P16). it looks scary in the tube but is so beautiful applied. leaves my lips so soft, i never thought a lipstick could do that. it also has a slight plumping effect, which is nice.

i also don't like clinique lipsticks, i am always getting their free samples, and i have to say, the texture sucks, and the colors are never as flattering as in the tube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add Burts Bees Lip Shimmers in Raisin to this too. I just tried that color the other day and it's lovely. Not too brown, not too purplish. Just right for me!
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
awww thank you safire! <3
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |