Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Alpha-H 15% Glycolic Hydrating Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used this product Alpha-H 15% Glycolic Hydrating Mask... want to say its just the best but be warned it keeps exfoliating so depending on your skin you should set a timer to rinse off....I was having mini peels at my derm but then found this stuff...its fab!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I haven't tried this, but I recently added their 12.5% AHA souffle into my routine and so far I'm really loving this. I've been using it for a few weeks now and have upped my usage to twice a day without any problems. I use this before my other actives hoping that they will absorb better. Anyway, so far it's really helped to brighten up my skin (along with my Jason Vit C facial) and just make it smoother in general. I believe some of my freckles are lightening already as well. Thumbs up!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
that sounds great who makes it? Is it Alpha-H ? I havent seen that....
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi TAMgirl99
I just bought the Alpha Hrydrox Souffle 12%. I read RAVES reviews on MUA so I thought what the heck. I am still doing "my test" area. I use a big area, which is my forehead, because if anything does not agree with my skin, and I am using my forehead, I can cover with my bangs. I like big test areas. So tell me what your experiences with it is? How long you have been using it and what you have seen, (If you don't mind). The rave reviews talk about less blemishes and black heads, smoother skin of course. I already use another type of AHA, but I thought I needed one I did not rinse off in the shower and I can apply (I am just doing it before bed). Any feedback I would much appreicate.
Cheers
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
this mask is from alpha-H an aussie company and is really strong...I mean if you leave it on it will just keep exfoliating which I love! most others just seem to stop after a bit and never give you the results you get at a derm...its really great but you must build up if you plan to leave it on...and of course before using it you should have perfectly cleansed skin....they have some really great glycolic products... I seriously believe in exfoliating weekly /bi weekly ..every so often I will go and start something new then weeks into that (the different product)I realise that my skin looked better when I was using the alpha -H mask....
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Sorry annachan, I assumed you meant Alpha-Hydroxy. Your product sounds great too though. Where do you purchase it? I'm in the states so I don't know where I could find it.

bergquis - I've been using it for about a month I guess (hard to remember since I'm at Walgreens/CVS pretty much once a week! Embarassed ). I've used many glycolic products in the past (mostly La Therapie), but they were a bit too much for every day use. The skin around my mouth area was always red. I still use those products on occasion, but so far I really prefer this souffle. I too decided to purchase it because of the rave reviews on MUA and figured what the heck. Anyway, I've just started using it twice per day all over for about a week. I even use it on my eye area since I have a few raised spots I'm trying to reduce, although they aren't milia. I thought for sure that my skin would get really sensitive but neither my eye area or my neck has. So far my skin has smoothed a bit (wrinkles are starting to fade a bit) and my complexion is becoming more bright/even. I have a few blackheads myself and haven't noticed too much going on with them unfortunately. Maybe it just takes a while to work on them, but I know this definitely isn't causing more of them. I think this is a good way to incorporate a mild daily AHA and also improves the performance of other actives that are put on top. I am just using a small amount since this stuff spreads very easily and absorbs quicker if you don't add too much. I just like using it as a "base" for other products, if that makes sense. What has your experience been with it so far?
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi TAMgirl99
well I have only used it for two days now on my forehead only-in am and pm. I too use a very small amount, it goes really far and I do not want to feel greasy. It does absorb in my skin quickly, which is good. I have noticed that it has taken away all my dry spots. (I know I get these dry spots from putting too much acne medicine on, but my thought is no zits and dry spots is better than my whole face in acne. (?). When I read on the MUA board on this product, a lot of people said it will even out your skin, spots, help clear the skin and make it "bright". Since I have only used it for a couple days, and my forehead is not really the problem skin...hard to say. To early. I would love to hear your follow up as you continue to use it and I will do the same. I thought I would give it until the end of the week, and then maybe go to my chin area next. I am afraid to start everywhere yet. When my skin gets a bad reaction, it can take me up to three months to repair. Thanks for the feedback
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I don't blame you for taking it slowly then. I will definitely report back as I continue to use it. As I think I mentioned before, some of my freckles/brown spots are starting to fade a bit as well. I'd love to eliminate them all together, but that will probably require stronger glycolics (peels) and copper, which I plan to add to my routine in about 3 weeks. Good luck and keep me updated as well!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I buy the mask from an aussie site that ships internationally but really only buy alpha - H there ..... everything else is expensive
http://www.adorebeauty.com.au
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |