Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Skinmedica c serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to preface this by saying that I've had oily skin all my life (o.k. not so bad now that I've hit the tender age of 50) and always cringed at the thought of silicone based products. I also have melasma & really need antioxidants as well as sunblocks when I do the annual pilgrimige to Greece thing in August. My superserum didn't fair well last year. Besides turning rust color I spilled half of it trying to balance the dropper & bottle over those teeny counterless sinks. I need a stable, spillproof c serum. I finally got a sample of skinmedica & tried it for 4 days-and promptly ordered from EDS.

It actually goes on like a primer and if you use the 3-4 drops receommeded, it dries matte to normal with none of the stickiness of some liquid serums. I used it at night as well just to make sure I wasn't going to break out. I didn't & actually like the way it feels. I also noticed an increased clarity & smoothness that I really didn't expect. On the third night it actually stung a bit-so be careful if your skin is sensitive. I actually loved the tingle because I don't have sensitive skin & to me it felt like it was *working*. I love that I can use it around my eyes as well.

After vacation, I'll probably go back to my IS serums-I'm so used to the texture, but you can't beat this one for travel. Don't be afraid to try it if you have oily skin, I actually found it less oily that the skinceuticals C & e & ferulic. Just to add that my skin felt a bit heavier at the end of the day than with superserum, but it didn't feel oily to the touch. Anyway, Greece in August is about 40-45 deg celcius-you're going to shine no matter what.

Well, between this, prevage, active serum, aminogenesis, trpetwhatever, my beloved poly-vit. serum, various La Roche greasers,I should be ready to let the sun shine.Didn't get my grubby little hands on Remergent DNA repair-dang! I'll definitely report back on how I faired this year.

Important note to active serum users: if you're going on a plane use the screwtop thingy they (NOW) provide in the box. I travelled with the dropper in last year & half the bottle evaporated before I hit Athens airport. I had purchased it directly from the company (this is pre EDS carrying it). When I came home I phoned them & they very kindly sent me a new bottle-don't you love great customer service? Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I must be missing something. I did not know that Skinmedica had a C serum and I still can't see it on EDS. They do have a Vit C cream but I have never seen a serum??

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed Sorry bushy...I'm so used to saying "serum", it's the C complex one & it's the first "non-serum" vit.c I've tried. It's been recommended on MUA for years as a stable C but the silicones always kept me from ordering it.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I use this and love it - I always use it before I put on the Super Serum. Always, worry about all the other C serums going dark orange after the bottle is openned......at least this way I am sure I am getting my C, plus all the benefits from the Super Serum. My Super has the colour of dark orange....IS THIS OK?

Bushy, do you use a C serum under your Remergent products. Remergent has caught my eye, and if EDS stocks it - I will be buying it Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
rashirosey wrote:

Bushy, do you use a C serum under your Remergent products. Remergent has caught my eye, and if EDS stocks it - I will be buying it Very Happy Very Happy

No. When I first started using Remergent, I asked if a Vit C would enhance their products and was told no. I no longer use Vit C other than what is in the Remergent products. My skincare regime has narrowed dramatically to Cellcosmet for cleansing, then a combination of Valmont and Remergent for the rest. Valmont seem to complement Remergent as they both are based on DNA. And I am absolutely stoked with the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
rashirosey wrote:

No. When I first started using Remergent, I asked if a Vit C would enhance their products and was told no. I no longer use Vit C other than what is in the Remergent products. My skincare regime has narrowed dramatically to Cellcosmet for cleansing, then a combination of Valmont and Remergent for the rest. Valmont seem to complement Remergent as they both are based on DNA. And I am absolutely stoked with the results.

I really hope EDS decides to stock remergent. Your skin description sounds like mine (except for the fair part) so hopefully, I'll get similar results.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
That's interesting, bushy. I've been using Vitamin C (albeit at different times to my Remergent DNA Repair, but will definitely try going without now.

Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I read that you were using some of the AminoGenesis line. Please could you let me know whether you're using it at the same time as Remergent and which AG products you use?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Bushy,

Does Remergent have anti-oxidant protection? I'm a bit leery about giving up C serums.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy thanks......I am waiting for EDS to stock Remergent, and will try and go without the C - that should save me a lot of money Very Happy

Bushy - what Valmont product are you using on the face? - I know you use that very expensive eye cream (I read the great review - thanks), and its in my cart righ now - SORRY TO GO A BIT OFF TOPIC - I have this creppiness in the corners of my eye area when smiling - I wonder whether Valmont eye cream would HELP???? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Well, I will try this so-called miracle vitamin c that you are all raving about....
in my next order.
Just wondering if you can get some freebies with any minimum order.

bushy wrote:
I must be missing something. I did not know that Skinmedica had a C serum and I still can't see it on EDS. They do have a Vit C cream but I have never seen a serum??
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |