Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: Cellcosmet Active Tonic (Electrolytic Toner)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
The Cellcosmet Tonic Lotion (yes, it has 3 names... Active Tonic / Tonic Lotion / Electrolytic Toner Laughing ) is the 3rd step in the Cellcosmet cleansing process, to be used after the activator gel.

Usage: Used morning and night on face and neck. Moisten cotton pad and pat/wipe over clean skin, THEN.. pat dry with a paper towel (box instructions). I have used a tissue but found using one of my Silicot puffs (similar to the DHC cotton puffs) to be the best. Also, the silicot puffs were MUCH better than swisspers for application. Sorry, got sidetracked by my love of Silicot puffs.. right, back onto Cellcosmet...

Feel & Smell: The fragrance of this is hard to pinpoint.. not the usual Cellcosmet fragrance, but ... somehow alluring. It is not a "to die for" scent, somehow odd.. but at the same time a bit addicting (I keep sniffing the bottle Laughing ).. maybe it is the cabbage rose water that is in it. It is alcohol free so not drying and you definitely need to pat it dry after application or your face will be left with a bit of stickiness. This is something I don't like about toners in general, but this one pats dry nicely and any stickiness/residue feeling is gone in minutes.

Price & packaging: Well, it is right up there $$ wise (CA$96 here on EDS for the large 250ml size) BUT there are plenty of brands out there with toners in the price range (La Prairie for one) that are not nearly as good/nice. It comes in a tall screw lid bottle with a little hole at the top to dispense the tonic in good doses (none is wasted). It is very easy to handle. No complaints on packaging.

Do you need it? I would definitely recommend this to complement the other Cellcosmet cleansing items - particularly if you are then following with a Cellcosmet cream or Collagen serum.
As someone who has never liked toners (I just like to spritz water all day long), it says something that 3 weeks after getting this I am actually still using it. Laughing
I reviewed the Cleansing Gel and Activating Gel a few months back on these posts:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12241&highlight=cellcosmet
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12244&highlight=cellcosmet

What does the company say?:

- This electrolytic treatment lotion (phosphate buffer) is made up of micro-elements that induce a thinning of the horny layer.

-Tones and re-balances skin functions, leaving it smooth and satin soft.

-Perfects skin cleansing and make-up removal.

Acting as a real biological mini-peeling, it maximizes (optimizes) skin's receptivity of Cellcosmet active complexes.

- Refreshes and enhances skin complexion

- For all skin types

- PH 6.5 +/- 0.5 at 68F/20C

Ingredients: Water (aqua), Ricinoleth-40, Sodium Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isodecyl Salicylate, Cabbage Rose (Rosa Centifolia) Water, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylaraben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Aroma).

Yes, a few too many parabens for my liking, but somehow when it comes to this brand I tend to turn a blind eye to that issue because their products just work so darned good. Also, I normally cannot stand glycerin in products (and I presume some of the stickiness upon application is from this ingredient) - however, it does dissipate into the skin better (and faster) than other things I have (or have tried) that contain glycerin.

I give this a definite out of 5.

Sidebar: The pamphlet that came with this states that when choosing your Cellcosmet moisturizers etc, go by your skin's biological age. So I presume that even if you have skin in great condition you should follow their age guidelines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
good gracious I wish this line wasn't so expensive.

After all the raving, I'm dying to try it, but I can't afford to love any of it!
It's unreal the pull to try all these products from Cellcosmet but I know I just can't can't can't because it sooooo pricey.

Maybe once I get a permanent job in a few years I can finally try it!
Pray

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
good gracious I wish this line wasn't so expensive.

After all the raving, I'm dying to try it, but I can't afford to love any of it!
It's unreal the pull to try all these products from Cellcosmet but I know I just can't can't can't because it sooooo pricey.

Maybe once I get a permanent job in a few years I can finally try it!
Pray

If it makes you feel any better, when I was 26 there is no way I could have afforded it either. Smile I guess age brings some benefits after all. Razz

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Now I will have to try hard to stop myself from bying this... Why am I cursed with such a weakness for Cellcosmet products? I think you might be partially to blame tiger_tim! Razz

Btw, are the Silicot puffs what you sent me? I don't have the box anymore but they are *great*!
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger_tim, how long does it take for the stickiness to go away? Can I simply pat dry with my fingers (or I need the paper towel to remove the excess)? I'm planning to get this in my next order. Very Happy

And how does the silicot puff look like? How is it different from cotton puffs? I wonder whether I can find in over here. Rolling Eyes
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:36 am      Reply with quote
thank you, tiger_tim! now if only they'd come out with a three-product cleansing pack....
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
oooh, wouldn't it be nice I EDS would do a SPECIAL with the 3 products together?! .... kinda like they do with Yonka ... hint hint Magda and Caspers Mum Laughing Laughing

Mabsy: Yes, they were Silcots (Silcot is the correct name, I keep calling them Silicots, dont know why. Laughing ). How awesome are they, huh?

CK: silcot puffs are like little pillows that are a cotton puff with a layer of.. um... stuff.. damn, Mabsy what woudl you call it? a veil of tissue-like "fabric" that does not pull, pill or fall apart. The cotton puff inside also cannot get out (so no fibres to deal with) and the edges are sealed too, but not rough at all. I find that toner is more evenly distributed on the pad and less is sucked into the pad.. easier to put on.

Here is a pic of the "pillow" http://www.unicharm.co.jp/silcot/image/summer060712/silcot_ph.jpg
and the general site: http://www.unicharm.co.jp/silcot/
(the website says the 3 secrets to these little pillows are that 1. it does not become "shaggy" <no fibres>, 2. it does not fall apart, and 3. it is perfect for patting the skin because it is soft and smooth. God I love these things. Rolling Eyes )

AND.. regarding the tonic, I just went off and cleaned my face with the gel and then applied the tonic with a silcot but never patted off with a silocot/tissue or anything. I did pat my hand over my face. That was 5 min ago and it has sunk in and it is not "sticky" at all. I guess sticky might be a bad word.. it is a bit like when you put on some vit. C serums (ISC super serum for example) - it takes a minute or two to sink in.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh thanks for the links and explanation. Very Happy I'm sure I can find something similar here. Cool

But do you notice a difference between using and not using Active Tonic after cleansing and Activator Gel?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
oh, now that is the million dollar question... it gives the skin a totally different platform onto which to put moisturizer or serum. After the activator gel, you are left with a face that just feels freshly washed, but after the tonic you feel like there is something on your face, like a first step product.

I have a cellcosmet moisturizer here to try so when I open it I will try a copule uses with and a couple without the tonic to see if there feels like any difference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
try dhc's silky cotton...

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?CS_ProductID=98&CS_Catalog=DHC%20USA

it sounds like the same thing you are decribing. I love them, I order about 5 boxes at a time.

I also love cellcosmet's toner.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ah yes, the eloquence of the word "rayon". The pillows are wrapped in breathable rayon. Laughing Jeez, and I call myself a writer?!

I should have thought of the DHC ones too. I have heard that they ARE the same, only OH=MY=GOODNESS $4.50 a box?! That is so expensive (but worth it.. I will just feel smug that I get mine for about 1/3 that price)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
oh, now that is the million dollar question... it gives the skin a totally different platform onto which to put moisturizer or serum. After the activator gel, you are left with a face that just feels freshly washed, but after the tonic you feel like there is something on your face, like a first step product.

I have a cellcosmet moisturizer here to try so when I open it I will try a copule uses with and a couple without the tonic to see if there feels like any difference.

I'll wait for your update then. Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
For those in vancouver - they sell these at Daiso (the 2 dollar store). The best quality ones come in boxes of 60s, but the other ones I use are just fine at boxes of 120 (so 2$ a box). I also bought some double sided ones at Yaohan when they were on sale 1.99$ for 90 piece box (one side is quilted so I think it's for an exfoliating effect?). Anyways these are very abundant over here and imo work so much better than the Shiseido cottons because of there layer of stuff on top so the cotton doesn't come off on my face. They're also much cheaper. They're pretty abundant in Asian stores so that's where I'd look as they are mostly either made from Japan or Korea. The made from China ones are not as good quality.

They're not necessarily called "silicots" - brandwise. But from the picture Tiger_Tim provided they're easily recognizable!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I have never seen quilted ones.. I would think that they are a bit different though. What makes the silcot and DHC ones so special is the layer of rayon wrapped around the lint-free pad.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |