Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
what diet works ????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ssran
5% products discount

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going away in the middle of Aug and need to fit into a bathing suit. Do you have a diet that works , let me know.

Sandra
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Incorporate as many raw and organic fruits and vegetables into your diet as possible.

No white or refined sugars or breads/pastas. For sweetening, use agave nectar, xylitol or stevia. Avoid normal dairy and switch to organic milk. My cup size went down a half when I switched from normal to organic milk. That's just scary Shock

My mother and I lost 10 lbs this past month from going to the gym for 30mins each day and replacing most meals with fruits and vegetables.

My basic daily diet is this:

1)Wake up and have a piece of fruit with some almonds.
2)Awhile later I make a "green smoothie" with 1 frozen banana, mango slices, some frozen peach slices, coconut water, 1 giant leaf of kale, 1 giant leaf of collard greens & some cinnamon and nutmeg hemp powder. Tastes awesome and gives me more of an energy rush than my daily starbucks lattes ever did.
3)I have a salad for lunch with avocado and 1-2 slices of ezekiel bread.
4)For dinner I have sushi, a big salad or if I'm feeling the urge for carbs, I have ezekiel or kamut/spelt pasta with homemade pesto or sauce.
5)For dessert, ill have some cherries or I've made my own fudge with cacao beans, coconut meat, cashews and agave nectar and I have a spoon or two of that. It's yummmy =)

If you eat and like meat, just choose lean and ethically raised meat to cut down on hormones and chemicals. I'd also try to limit meats to once a day. Eggs if they are organic, are great as well.

Hope that inspires you at all!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
^ You appear to be a raw foodist no?!

Me too!!!

Raw foods are the best for your appearance and health. Dairy is the worst thing for acne.
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
^ You appear to be a raw foodist no?!

Me too!!!

Raw foods are the best for your appearance and health. Dairy is the worst thing for acne.

About one month, still working on it Smile

I find the hardest thing is giving up bread and grains. Giving up chicken and turkey was easy, especially since I cheat with sushi once a week or so. I used to eat empanadas 1-2x a week and I haven't had a single craving. That wows me.

I actually had pizza last week in a fit of PMS and felt so gross after, it totally killed that craving :/

Now I'm basically just trying to go less nuts/breads/sugary fruits and focus on the greens, but, I'm going easy on myself. I look pretty darn good for a little amount of time Smile

If you want to hear impressive... I haven't had an "on time" period in about 5 years due to hormonal/stress issues. This is the first time I got it *exactly* when I was supposed to since I've had problems.

Oh... and between the diet/exercise and Ylang-ylang... my skin is like porcelain and not even a congested bump.

Your life really is what you eat and think Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:35 am      Reply with quote
The South Beach Diet works.

Another diet that you might try...It sounds stupid, but it worked for me and was very easy...

One apple eaten up to 30 minutes before each meal. Then eat low-carb, low-fat meals. It is very easy and it works. Because you are full, you have the willpower to say no to breads, starches, etc.

You can google for the three apple a day diet and find more info.

BBD
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
wow i commend you guys on the rawfoods diet! ive been trying to get myself to do this for months..... but i lack the willpower to stick to it Sad
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:29 am      Reply with quote
^^ I think that the more you educate yourself on raw foods (like read lots of books, go on forums etc), the more motivated you will be to stick with it. I make the most amazing meals using raw foods, so I don't feel like I am missing out. When you realize that your skin is a direct reflection of your inner health, that can be a huge motivator. Also once you have been 100% raw for a little while, you will start to feel REALLY amazing... and your skin will glow. Over time health problems vanish!! It's really quite amazing. There is a right way and a wrong way to do raw. That's why educating yourself is SOOO important!!
Smile
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
^^ I think that the more you educate yourself on raw foods (like read lots of books, go on forums etc), the more motivated you will be to stick with it. I make the most amazing meals using raw foods, so I don't feel like I am missing out. When you realize that your skin is a direct reflection of your inner health, that can be a huge motivator. Also once you have been 100% raw for a little while, you will start to feel REALLY amazing... and your skin will glow. Over time health problems vanish!! It's really quite amazing. There is a right way and a wrong way to do raw. That's why educating yourself is SOOO important!!
Smile

Agreed. Plus, just remember that if you add more uncooked fruits and vegetables instead of processed foods overalll that is a huge improvement. Noone is grading you, it's all for your health Smile

I went three weeks without having anything cooked and then had a few cravings. I didn't get on a personal high horse and resist them, I had what I wanted, went "okay, well, that wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be," or in the case of the pizza, felt sick after eating it. Over and done, went on with my salads, smoothies and fudge Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Rice House Diet. It is not about eating only rice. The doctor's last name is Rice. It focuses on whole, organic foods, and low sodium/sugar. It works, and you aren't in the kitchen for hours cooking.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I believe in eating in moderation Smile I've tried all sorts of diets. Atkin, southbeach, soup diet. They did work. However, for maintenance, I think we should just eat anything and everything in small portions Smile

I try to eat less carbs but still eat loads of chocolate!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
This won't get you super results in a super short amount of time, but I've been following the food plan in the book titled The Insulin Resistance Diet and it's really helped me lose weight effortlessly (the weight just seems to melt off). I've been following it, for the most part, since November. I lost over 40 pounds in about 6 months, then I hit a plateau and have been at the same weight for a while. I have not done any exercising because I have had 3 foot surgeries in the past 3 years and have spent a lot of time non-ambulatory in a wheelchair and/or limping around, and in a lot of pain. People tell me I look fine now, but I still would like to lose about 25 more lbs. I know this won't happen without exercise, so I'm about to begin a low-impact water aerobics program.

This eating plan helped level my insulin levels, which helped curb my overeating and food binges. I didn't even know I had insulin resistance before I read the book. It's not really a diet--it's more about making a permanent change in your eating style, balancing out your proteins and carbs. Once you get into the habit, it's not hard to follow. You never have to deny yourself food (you never go hungry), and I feel so much better now. In fact, if I veer from the eating plan, I feel (physically) terrible.

I highly recommend this book!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to have to read the Insulin Resistance Diet book. Losing 40 pounds in 6 months is amazing. I definitely need a diet like this. Unfortunately, the only diet that has ever worked for me was Atkins with minimal vegetables and no fruit.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
The South Beach Diet works.

Another diet that you might try...It sounds stupid, but it worked for me and was very easy...

One apple eaten up to 30 minutes before each meal. Then eat low-carb, low-fat meals. It is very easy and it works. Because you are full, you have the willpower to say no to breads, starches, etc.

You can google for the three apple a day diet and find more info.

BBD

Was it that easy for you? I did a little research and it's like a 3 part system, for the first 2 weeks all carbs are restricted and basically your diet consists of protein and veggies, no fruits or anything, and then step 2 slowly brings in certain carbs, like particular fruits. I tried it and I couldn't do it. I'm the complex carbohydrate queen!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I lost 20 lbs. on Weight Watchers. I joined online. Weight Watchers teaches you to make smart choices. It also allows you not to deprive yourself.
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
One of the most sensible diets I have seen is the GI Diet published by the Times:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,18849,00.html

It is a sensible eating plan. I would also recommend walking. I find that my commitment to more intense exercise varies, but I can usually keep myself walking. How far do you live from your office? Can you walk to and from work each day, or even just one way? Or else try to walk for 30 to 45 minutes on your lunch hour. That way, even if you miss a workout, at least you are still doing something. It will not result in a dramatic change all at once, but over time, walking is definitely one of the best ways to maintain some degree of fitness.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
skodalady wrote:
I'm going to have to read the Insulin Resistance Diet book. Losing 40 pounds in 6 months is amazing. I definitely need a diet like this. Unfortunately, the only diet that has ever worked for me was Atkins with minimal vegetables and no fruit.

And this was with NO exercise. I'm sure I would have done much better had I been doing more physical activity. I tried the Atkins diet, but I couldn't stay on it. It was too harsh and restrictive for me. I don't like to feel like I'm denying myself--that just sets me up for a binge (my rebellious side?). But The Insulin Resistance Diet is similar to the Atkins plan. You focus on proteins and watch your carbs. It just gives you more freedom of choice and is much easier to follow. That's why I have pretty much adopted it as a way of life.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
The south beach diet is not healthy because it cuts out all carbs which is not realistic- then, when you've lost weight and you start eating semi normally, it comes on too easily.

I'm going to honestly say with all my heart that the Michael Thurmond diet is DEFINITELY the best! My sister is 20 years old and she gained weight during her sophomore year at college. Shes lost 30 pounds since shes been home for summer. All of the women in my family have tried it and it has worked and the food is surprisingly good and theres a lot of it. If you follow and you have the willpower you will definitely tone yourself, no doubt about it, as well as giving your body all of the nutrients it needs.

My sister does turbo jam 2 days a week and pilates as well to lengthen her leg muscles as she has heavy calves. I've never seen her so lean!
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
as well as GIVING haha i meant to say GIVE* Smile
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Totally agree with Seeking~HG! The insulin resistance diet is excellent. I lost 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks. It's a sensible healthy diet, one that I also have made my lifestyle. Read the book it explains everything. Really just good common sense. (Plus the weight loss was a nice plus Wink
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ariesxtreme, I meant that the 3 Apple a Day diet is very simple, and works.

You just eat an apple up to 30 minutes before each meal and then eat sensibly. It seemed to help with my sweets cravings and made me feel full so I could make good choices about my meals.

You know, compared to SBD, it is simple. You just have to buy a lot of apples and that's it.

(I'm actually in the process of finishing up Phase 1 of SBD right now, but I plan to use the apple diet if I have future problems._
jutka2003
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
The only thing I know, is that fad diets aren't the way to go. The more I read, and the more I see on tv (weight loss shows) is that a healthy diet is what works. I have been on a healthy diet since April 2005 (15 months) and I have lost 120 lbs!!!! I have dropped from a bmi of 52 to 31. I plan on losing more (maybe another 20). I have praised eating healthy to anyone who asks and at least I can say it works. Everyone wants a quick fix or a pill, but the truth is - there isn't one. I exercise for 1 hour in the morning 5x a week and eat healthy. That's the way to go.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
jutka2003 wrote:
The only thing I know, is that fad diets aren't the way to go. . . I have been on a healthy diet since April 2005 (15 months) and I have lost 120 lbs!!!!

WOW! Congratulations! What an accomplishment!! I agree, going on a "diet" never worked for me. That's why I had to find a new way of eating for life. Once I found a food plan (new eating lifestyle) that worked for me, everything fell into place. Most of my adult life, I have felt powerless over my overeating and food binges. I always felt so emotionally weak and couldn't understand what was wrong with me. I even used to make jokes about how I was glad I didn't like to drink alcohol, because with my "addictive personality" I was sure I would have been an alcoholic. Yeah, I know, not that funny. Well, once I found out that I had "insulin resistance", I understood what made me overeat and go on food binges. With the eating plan in The Insulin Resistance Diet I am able to eat like a normal person--you know--eat to live, not live to eat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Seeking~HG"]
jutka2003 wrote:
The only thing I know, is that fad diets aren't the way to go. . . I have been on a healthy diet since April 2005 (15 months) and I have lost 120 lbs!!!!

WOW! Congratulations! What an accomplishment!! I agree, going on a "diet" never worked for me. That's why I had to find a new way of eating for life. Once I found a food plan (new eating lifestyle) that worked for me, everything fell into place. Most of my adult life, I have felt powerless over my overeating and food binges. I always felt so emotionally weak and couldn't understand what was wrong with me. I even used to make jokes about how I was glad I didn't like to drink alcohol, because with my "addictive personality" I was sure I would have been an alcoholic. Yeah, I know, not that funny. Well, once I found out that I had "insulin resistance", I understood what made me overeat and go on eating binges. With the eating plan in The Insulin Resistance Diet I am able to eat like a normal person--you know--eat to live, not live to eat.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I lost 40 pounds and have kept it off for over three years and have cured my sugar problame and high blood pressure. Choose a diet that you can generally stick with forever.
I do not eat white flour or sugar except for special dinners out.

I eat no prepared products except for flax/bran bread an no sugar ice cream (nothing with transfats or high fructose corn syrup.
I drink plenty of water and green tea.
I eat all non starch veggies both raw and otherwise (tomatos are great raw but produce even better stuff for you when cooked). I eat plenty of greens especially arugula and basil. I eat many berries every day (it is not so expensive if you get the frozen sugar free type at a box store. I do eat other fruit (granny Smith Apples, melon, plums but for fiber and antioxidants berries are the best).

I eat flax and bran bread (at least 2T of flax meal per day). I bake with a mix of Flax, nut flour, soy protein powder and oat flour. I do eat dairy but most yogurt has lots of sugar; flavor your own with fruit. I eat all meats but avoid bad fats (I trim meat and do NOT eat prok rinds).
I do eat lots of good fat (olive oil, nut oils dairy and nuts). I eat fish about 2-3 times per week and always take fish oil pills at night.

When I go off this diet even with low calorie versions I get sick again and gain. Low GI is not a fad it is the way you should eat. A recent survey of studies of people over 100 concluded that the only unifying factor was low triglycerides (not low LDL, not low fat, not drinking or sun exposure). This is consistent with research showing that low GI diets have the same longevity advantages of the starvation diets that a few life extension nuts practice.

I think everybody should eat low GI. Protein and fiber make you feel full longer so it is much easier to be satisfied with less. Your body uses sugar spikes as signals for many processes. Sugar spikes cause aging.

Anyway if you're only going to do one thing avoid prepared foods. That will automatically stop you from snacking while you are out and give you higher quality food.
jutka2003
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Seeking~HG wrote:
Most of my adult life, I have felt powerless over my overeating and food binges. I always felt so emotionally weak and couldn't understand what was wrong with me. I even used to make jokes about how I was glad I didn't like to drink alcohol, because with my "addictive personality" I was sure I would have been an alcoholic.

I am EXACTLY like that too!! Everything I've ever done I've done to an extreme. I've always said food was my * spam alert * and I still feel that way. People often try to convence me to cheat on my diet every now and then, but I know I couldn't stop at "just one bite". What a life....I just hope that I can continue this way of life when I reach a point where I feel I can stop loosing weight. We'll see what my future holds.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |