Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Ci: Labo Ever Bright Sunscreen w/ Collagen!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:48 am      Reply with quote
anyone ever use this before? i was thinking of trying this, sounds really interesting since it has collagen Smile the product description from the site http://www.cilabousa.com/en/product_sun.asp#uv

Quote:
Sunscreen + Collagen = Ever Bright!

This multi-tasking SPF 30 milk works as sunscreen, moisturizing and brightening toner as well as a foundation primer.

Ever Bright protects your skin from UV rays while outdoors by creating a film over the surface of your skin. Ever Bright goes on the face smoothly without an oil feel and also is very gentle for sensitive skin. It's wonderful under makeup. And did we mention gentle?

also, anyone know if the active ingredient contains zinc oxide? i can't find the ingredient list anywhere. any feedback would be great, thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I know nothing about it, but it looks so cute and exactly like the Clarin's UV Plus - same bottle, same design, everything. I wonder who copied who?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
From everything I've read about collagen use in topicals, it's pretty much a useless ingredient since it can't penetrate the skin barrier, at least in most general products. I think I've read it can help as far as moisturizing/soothing goes, but the point was that it can't actually boost collagen within the skin itself, as some products claim.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Molly--i never noticed that, but you're right. which reminds me, too, i wanna try the clarins uv plus...

TAMgirl99--i didn't know that. i wonder if collagen would penetrate better if it was made into nanoparticles. my favorite new line arouge--says it makes it ceramides into nanoparticles which are 1/billionth of a meter and so penetration into the skin is better. anyhow, i do need to read more about the science of skin, thanks for the info TAMgirl99!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I think the nanoparticles were the ones I read with some benefit. Definitely check it out first though. I can't remember everything I read on it but it wasn't great so I tend to avoid paying for things specifically just because they say "collagen". Good luck!
JuJu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
There is a link recently talking about anti-aging.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12790&highlight=collagen

The article given by pnw is very informative.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
must go test this this weekend. andtry for a sample.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincareaddicted, from what I read it doesn't matter whether the collagen penetrates or not - it's just a moisturiser. I mean it's not going to be added to your real collagen.

I reckon Clarins probably nicked the idea for lighter, less protective SS from the Japanese brands because really none of the western brands have done that before - they've all gone for as full on protection as possible. They must read how sick we all are with gooey skin.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
my sample from ci labo finally came and they were a bit generous with the kinds they sent. i have yet to try everbright, but the aqua collagen gel super moisture (they didn't send me their regular one) is made with the nano technology (like the arouge line). supermoisture actually worked really well and my skin felt supple and moist after the application and when i woke up in the morning (but i still prefer arouge, it just makes my skin soft and glows). gonna try everbright today and see how that goes.

Juju--thanks for the thread. i never really paid attention to retin-A until i saw the link pnw posted. i guess i should add that to my routine somehow. do you think at 25, i should be using this? seems as if use of it to prevent aging is a bit controversial? any products u recommend?

tiger tim--yes, definitely try it! have you tried any of the other ci labo products? they seem high quality actually.

Molly--yeah, it is just on the skin isn't it? from little i read about it, the smaller the particles, the deeper it penetrates into the skin. i definitely feel a difference in my skin when using moisturizers with the nanotechnology particles. my cheeks are never dry anymore Smile . i should change my skin profile now!

i also stopped by clarins to pick up their new spf 30 eye cream everyone has been raging about--they had NONE left. Sad oh well, i am not in a rush, i still have my lancome. i did however, have a chance to test the clarins sunscreen on the back of my hand, and i have to say i was impressed with the texture. it was almost as light as my sofina and kanebo. the sales lady was out of the clarins and had me test the christian dior snow one which i hesitated, but was surprised as that one wasn't fragrance and was light also. i guess they are listening to our complaints Molly!

as always, i appreciate your input ladies!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |