Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acne in mouth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever gotten bumps INSIDE their cheeks?

They feel like blood blisters, but they aren't filled with blood. When I scrape them, they seemed filled with either pus (ICK!) or they're just raised tissue.

Could they be some sort of pressure sore? It's an odd problem, I know.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
It could be some virus infection. Sad I think you need to check with the doctor.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
could be something called thrush. I think it's something you should see a medical professional about...don't leave it too long please.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000966.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. Thanks, guys. I'll check into it.

Best,

T
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Could it be a canker sore? Every once in a while I might get one (although now that I think about it, it's been a while). They might be what you explain ... they start off nearly looking like a pimple ... like a raised white bump and then they kinda open up into what I always thought of as a crater (lovely description I know!) until they eventually went away. And they HURT! You can buy this numbing stuff to put over them so they don't hurt so bad. Maybe check it out online and see if maybe that's what you have.
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I get bumps once in a while too, and I've always wondered what they were. I've never tried scraping/opening them. They're somewhat hard bumps that hurt a little, and go away in a day or two. Hmm, now that I think about, sometimes I'll notice that the bump has "deflated" before it goes away.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
These are not considered to be acne. Although you do have pores in your mouth that can get either infected or "trapped" with food particles that cause bacteria. A good solution is to always brush the top, sides of your mouth including your tougue. Rinse with warm water and salt, you should elimate these type of stuff.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
sounds just like canker sores, thrush doesnt pop, its more a white film. But if they dont clear up in a week or so def go to dentist.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Heehee,

I get these from time to time, too. In China, people would say there's too much heat in your body.

For example I get these when it's hot and muggy out, and I feel there's been too much stimulus for my body to handle.

For example, I'm sure to get these when I'm on a trip in Southeast Asia, with sweat all over my clothes, eating lots of shellfish ("hot" food), and drinking lots of tropical fruit juices, especially mango (again another "hot" food).

I think your bumps will just go away in a week or so if you just cool down. Take life at a more leisurely pace, make sure to stay cool. Stop eating "hot"/stimulating foods (spicy, artificial sugars, coffee) and eat "cool" foods instead. I'm sure if you just took a day to relax and ate some watermelon, some cucumber greek salad, some nice, clean rice, you'd be feeling better in no time.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ok this might sound disgusting but I got one on my gums before. I went to the dentist and he deemed it a "zit" and he used a tool to pop it and another to suck up all the blood/pus. After a day it was all healed up. These aren't anything to worry about, but they are a pain to get. I agree with the previous post that it would help if you drank more water and stayed away from fried/spicy foods as a preventative if you're prone to getting this. I think it just has to do with internal toxins.
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Is really nothing to worry about, the easiest thing to do is to use oral rinse 3 times a day and its gone in no time. I got my oral rinse from my dentist but then you could try any mouthwash that contains antiseptic which is to say it kills germs and bad breath and so forth...
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Before I started wearing a retainer for sleeping, I used to bite the inside of my mouth and the sores would get infected. That could be your problem too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Are they really painful too? They could be ulcers.

Try drinking green tea and eating more citrus fruits. And avoid eating greasy foods.

It can be a sign of stress, bad diet..
spa_cake
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like a canker sore to me.

Colgate makes a product to treat them.

I get them from biting my lip sometimes.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, everyone!

Bad diet and stress, yeah sounds like me. The internal toxin idea could also be the ticket.

They don't hurt much though. I was just wondering what your thoughts were. You guys know everything about skin!

Thanks!

T
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |