Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

advice, please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all - I am new to this, but you all seem to know a lot about skin stuff, so I thought I would ask.
I am looking for two things - a good toner and a vitamin c serum. Easy, right? Not so much.
I have SUPER sensitive skin(many many things make me turn red, swell, etc), rosacea, largish pores, and some oil, and a tendency to break out, although that is getting better.
I have used purpose products for the last ten years of so, which don't irritate my skin, but don't do much for it either. I am 32, live in a very hot climate, and have just the beginning of fine lines around my eyes (looking to PREVENT wrinkles!) My rosacea is under control with metrogel. I recently tried dermalogica ultracalming cleanser and barrier repair, and microfoliant, which I LOVE. I am not a fan of the gentle soothing booster - too sticky to use daily. Any suggestions? ANy sensitive skin users who use the multi active toner?
Also, I am intrigued by the Dr. H cleansing cream - how does that compare to the microfoliant?
Vitamin C serums I have looked at are skinceuticals, cellex c for sensitive skin, PSF for sensitive skin.
Thanks - and sorry for the long post!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, welcome!

I just bought the microfoliant today but I think it's pretty safe to say that although both DHCC and microfoliant exfoliate DHCC is more of a decongestant in the sense that it helps clean your pores. I don't find it does a very good job at "exfoliation" especially if you have flaky skin. I am planning to use both as I need a lot of exfoliation on my acneic skin. You should be able to use both too but I don't think it can REPLACE the microfoliant.

Toners, I've been looking into those a lot too as I need a new one as well. I even posted about it, I think if you have sensitive skin you may want to try PSF's R&R Toner - it's supposed to help calm skin. And it's pretty inexpensive. I was planning to buy it but I walked into a health food store and I bought Earth Science instead - seemed to have too many good ingredients to pass through. But with toners, it really depends on what you want it to do - hydrate, cleanse, tone your pores or all three? A lot of people recommend Dr H's facial toner but I can't get pass myself to get it because it has alcohol and SOME people find it drying. You may also want to look into Jurlique - they have nice stuff but more pricy. Valmont also has great stuff - I think after a while I'll be using Valmont everything and go broke Laughing

I am about to order my Vit C as well and I'm definitely going for skinceuticals - but you may want to search through the posts and decide on your own which one you'd like. There's an infinite number of posts on Vit C serums so I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find your answer.

PS - all the above products I suggested can be found through the search as well if you wanna read more opinions about them!

HTH
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome elizasue!

I don't have a suggestion for a vitamin C serum, but I can recommend the Dr. H facial toner. Your skin profile sounds similar to mine, and I've really been pleased with the Dr. H toner. My skin is super-sensitive as well as oily in places, and the very gentle Hauschka line has worked very well for me.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I second the recommendation for the Dr. Hauschka toner. It is absolutely my holy grail toner. I have very sensitive/reactive skin, and the Dr. H toner feels very soothing to me. It comes in a spray bottle which sprays a very fine mist, so it's also perfect for refeshing your face mid-day after you blot away the oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Elizasue,

I have skin issues similar to yours (somewhat oily skin, sensitive and rosacea prone).

My favorite Vitamin c serum (because I can use it every day whether my skin is sensitive or not), is Triple C serum by Professional Solutions. It is not acidic, it's ph neutral (7.0). I highly recommend it. You can purchase it at DianaYvonne.com or at the Professional Solutions website.

I don't use a toner so no recs there. The only other thing I would recommend is to be very careful not to use products with detergents in them, as that is very bad for rosaceans. I'm 98% certain that the Microfoliant falls into that category--I think it has a sulfate detergent in it. The Dr. H would be much more gentle but it does leave a slight oily residue on the skin and if you're prone to breakouts you could have a problem (I did). A rememdy for that is to follow up with a ph balanced, non-detergent based cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |