Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Blocked pores - laser treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
willisti
5% products discount

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Just wondering if there are such laser treatments available in the uk to remove block pores permantely?

Thanks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I know that IPL's do not help pore size or blocked pores and I don't know about Fraxel. My derm recommends peels and AHA's for pores, then a good microdermabrasion of some sort, depending on your skin type, to remove the dead skin. (Even a face brush would help.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
strangly enough, I have had clogged and blocked pores all of a sudden for the first time in my life. I have been so desperate that I have tried everything. I am now using a BHA cleanser in the shower w/ a wash cloth. I know that the wash cloth in circle motions have removed most of the clogged pores then when I get out of the shower I am using an AHA product (Alpha Hydrox 12%), It has only been a week and I have already had GREAT results. I think that this has been my key, I am doing some manual extractions on the clogged pores that were already there, and noticing no new ones are appearing...I am keeping my fingers crossed that this routine may be my HG.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with the above. Using a wash cloth and gently scrubbing in a circular motion has really really really helped. It seems to do an excellent job exfoliating and getting rid of pesky whiteheads (for me at least). Also, I've been doing manual extractions and that has also significantly reduced blackheads.

On another note, my facial lady has been giving me loooong face massages when I see her. She said that my skin was so tight and dry and there was no elasticity to it. The masssage helped with the extractions as the blackheads seem to just come out without much effort. When I am cleansing at home, I take extra time to massage my face to make sure I retain as much of the elasticity as possible.

Also BHAs are great. I'm not using them right now, but in the past have used a BHA cleanser. It did wonders for my skin!
willisti
5% products discount

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies Smile . Im using Dr.H Cleansing Cream and Clarfying Toner for my skin at the moment. I think it is working but im just so inpatient!!
Mabsy

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
willisti wrote:
Thanks for the replies Smile . Im using Dr.H Cleansing Cream and Clarfying Toner for my skin at the moment. I think it is working but im just so inpatient!!

Willisti - I know it's a tedious and slow process to go through but if you devote just a few minutes of time day & night to use the Dr H CC properly (i.e. a few minutes of pressing/kneading it into the skin) you should see very good results within about two weeks.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with Mabsy on this: Stick with the Dr. H!!! It is fabulous stuff - I swear by it! You'll probably end up incorporating into your regime permanently if you give it a chance! It is a great "unplugger" (even though it doesn't "feel" like it would be a good unplugger!!) - and it doesn't discrimate - if you remove your makeup properly, then follow with Dr H - it won't matter what you skin type is: dry/oily/sensitive.....it just works!
Pudoodles
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I am using an AHA product (Alpha Hydrox 12%)

Whats the name of the product you are using? Alpha Hydrox brand? And what product? I want to try one of these...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
bergquis wrote:
I am using an AHA product (Alpha Hydrox 12%)

Whats the name of the product you are using? Alpha Hydrox brand? And what product? I want to try one of these...

Bergquis can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she's using the one called Alpha Hydroxy 12.5% Souffle. I started using this about a month ago as a way to add AHA's into my daily routine (now using it 2x/day). It's around $15 at CVS/Walgreens and so far I really like this product myself. I apply it before other actives to help them penetrate and it's giving me smoother, glowing skin.

I have also just purchased Neutrogena's Anti-wrinkle/Anti-blemish cream/serum? and so I've started using that one at night and the AHA in the morning. The Neutrogena has 2% BHA and retinol. The addition of both products is really giving my skin a boost. I've eliminated most blackheads now and my skin is starting to even out a bit.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |