Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
**REVIEW** Valmont PURIFYING Pack
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Today I splurged and bought the Purifying Pack to get a Nature GWP and I have it on right now.

Ingredients:
Aqua - cyclomethicone - cetearyl alcohol -
kaolin - propylene glycol, polyisoprene, ethylhexyl palmitate, dea-cetyl phosphate - montmorillonite - dimethicone - peg-100 stearate - glyceryl stearate - ceteareth-20 - titanium dioxide - tetrasodium edta - corallina officinalis - hydrolyzed corallina officinalis - triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract - arctium lappa root extract - polysorbate 80 - phenoxyethanol - menthoxypropanediol - bisabolol - equisetum arvense extract - carbomer - triethanolamine - crataegus monogina flower extract - triclosan - sulfur - peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil - dipotassium glycyrrhizinate - sodium methylparaben - methylparaben - ethylparaben - butylparaben - isobutylparaben - propylparaben - methyl-chlo roisothiazolione - methylisothiazolinone

Texture:
This has clay in it but when you open it, it looks slightly watery and it's gray. It smoothes on your face like a cream - very velvety (most likely due to the silicone content). I have yet to wash it off as I'm typing and I've been on the phone so I've left it on for more than 30 minutes. Does not dry like clay, when it dries it just feels like a velvet film (actually it doesn't really feel like you even have it on your face).

Immediately after I put it on I felt a tingly feeling. Actually it's not a tingly feeling like a peel, it's more like a COOLING feeling similar to mint. I liked that a lot. It can also be left overnight which I would be doing tonight as well - it's a very good texture to leave overnight as it won't flake off like other clay masks that claim to be able to be left on overnight. The smell if it is very light, doesn't smell like much, a little bit of clay smell to it, can't notice it while it's on your face unless you TRY intentionally to sniff.

*Returns from taking it off

No tight feeling AT ALL. When you splash water on it, it returns to a cream texture. So the ease of rinsing depends on how thick you layered it on your skin. I started massaging with it while rinsing. My skin feel comfortable, the pores on my nose look slightly smaller and cleaner, but nothing that WOWed me. It seemed to purify pretty well though, I felt some of my bumps calmed down and less redness. It also seemed to bring some of my cysts to head (not completely but that's pretty good for a 30 minutes mask). I found that it slightly exfoliates too as some dead skin came off with more ease than normal.

Overall this is a great mask. I'll definitely update tomorrow about leaving it on overnight. I'll also update when I've used it longer. This mask can also be used AS OFTEN as you need to, it won't dry you out at all. So if your skin is in a bit of trouble you can use it every other day or even everyday. But if you use it everyday I'd probably just apply it to your t-zone or wherever you tend to get problems. Right now for me it's my cheeks, my t-zone is pretty balanced. Most of the purging on my forehead is healed. Now my cheeks are wreaking havoc. Sad This mask has a calming effect which I agree, it is also supposed to have a healing effect which I cannot comment on after the first use.

I'm not sure if I want this to work fantastically or not, it's pretty pricy, but I'm sure one jar will last me a long time. And as with all other Valmont products this comes with a spatula so you don't have to dip your fingers in the jar Smile
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, sormuimui. Have been thinking about buying this but not sure if it's meant more for younger skin?

How do you think it would be for my skin - mid-40s, a bit on the shiny/oily side, but no wrinkle problems and generally in pretty good condition (if I say so myself) Very Happy

Or should I stick to my beloved Valmont renewing pack?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Update: I'm not sure if the mask is the cause but while I was putting on the rest of my PM regime I realized some of my stubborn whiteheads were sticking out and I could just scratch the out with my nails Shock That REALLY very RARELY happens!!!! Shock But it MUST be the mask because I didn't do anything else different today!

appletini: This mask is great to absorb sebum and cleanse and I think it would be great for more mature skin as well as young skin because it doesn't dry like normal clay so you wouldn't have problems with dehydration or it causing any extra wrinkles. After you take it off you don't feel like it SUCKED everything out of you. But I will use it a few more times and probably update next week whether it really improves my skin!
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:52 am      Reply with quote
I also like the purifying pack a lot...and I just did it tonight! I usually wash it out with a wet sponge but I was told by a Valmont expert that it's better to tissue off first. I tried it today and I found my skin seems to be cleaner (or clearer) than using a sponge.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I didn't know it's better to tissue off first - but wouldn't it be a bit difficult without tugging the skin? Do you wet the tissue first?
Mabsy

Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I had a sample of this and tried it this morning after reading your review Smile

I first cleansed with the remainder of Juice Beauty Green Apple cleansing gel, then used up the remainder of my Astara Daily Scrub sample (so buying this!) and then applied this. Straight away I felt a nice cooling sensation that continued for the entire 40 minutes I had this on (while cleaning the bathroom Laughing). Even as I was taking it off I still felt the nice cooling effect. The mask doesn't dry to a stage that makes your face uncomfortable - as sormuimui said it dries to sort of a velvety layer on the skin and is quite easy to take off. I took it off with a warm damp wash cloth. I didn't see any whiteheads sticking out afterwards but I think it's a good decongesting mask and will consider getting this in the future. I would love to try it overnight but I only had one sample so will have to follow up at some other stage Smile

Thank you for the review sormuimui - it inspired me to finally try this and I like it! Smile
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:16 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Oh I didn't know it's better to tissue off first - but wouldn't it be a bit difficult without tugging the skin? Do you wet the tissue first?

I used a dry soft tissue first and wash off with a wet cloth.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
This is now on my To Be Purchased list...it's a long list Laughing
Mabsy

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Umm..... I woke up this morning with a massive (and I mean *massive*) pimple coming up right in the middle of my forehead. There was nothing there before and this morning it's like a mountain (i.e. the pimple has not formed yet but it's painful and the whole area around it is raised). I am not sure if this is from this mask but it was the only product I used yesterday that I have not used before. It's possible that it basically brought something nasty to the surface, which in the end will be a good thing but at the moment I am not a happy camper! I'm going to try to get another sample of this before I decide if I should buy a full size.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sormuimui, is the mask working well for you? I am tempted to get the mask. Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I actually have it on right now and it's still too early to say. My skin has been wreaking havoc the past 2 weeks and it's just starting to heal - stopped getting cysts, now getting lots of whiteheads. Sometimes I wonder if I'm still purging, shrugs.

Anyways all I can say right now is it feels really nice on and I leave it as long as I want. Sometimes I use it to spot treat overnight and it won't flake or come off during the night. You can even use it everyday and your skin won't feel dried out. I haven't experienced any breakouts with it as Mabsy did but then again my skin is wreaking havoc anyways. I have been using it overnight as a spot treatment everyday. As a mask tonight is only my second time. I think the effects I see most is on the healing rather than getting RID of acne. I think I like PSF Acne Mask or Mario Badesco's drying mask to dry out zits more. As a mask - PSF Acne mask is best while as an overnight spot treatment Mario Badesco is best. The purifying pack gives me the feeling that it does what it says - purifies. My skin feels very clean and baby butt soft afterward.

At this stage I would probably repurchase this. I need a mask I can use often when I feel congested and another just for acne so it works out. I think this is a mask that ALL skin types can use because it's so gentle unlike many other purifying masks directly for oily skintypes. I think at 160CAD it might be a bit expensive to just try but I found it on strawberrynet for approx. 76CAD. I bought mine for 160 at a store and although it's a bit expensive I feel it's worth it imo now and in the long run. You might want to try a sample first too if you can get it.

HTH
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I had forgotten that I had a sample of this till I read your review Sorumimui - I tried it just now and love it - thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
i got hold of a sample of this mask 2 nights ago, and i cannot resist telling u girls what it did to my nose !!

I applied it on my nose only. and after i rinsed it off in 30 mins, ALL, i repeat, ALL my blackheads surfaced, i could remove ALL of them by just rubbing my nose !! and now my pores are as clean and clear as heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
wow, it sounds great! i have blackhead in my nose, they are hard to get rid of!
i must try!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious, where did you get your samples? How many uses you can get from one sample?
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Christ! I'm going to go bankrupt with all the products I want to try (this one included) Mad
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
i got my samples from a local skincare chain store (in Hong Kong) called bonjour.

It is 5ml, and costs HK$ 38. and if i use it JUST on my nose, it can last 3 / 4 times, or more, i think !!

and i bought all 14, or 70ml of them, at HK$532.

but of course, stock at bonjour are like those on strawberrynet, i.e. i am probably risking getting things which are super old / expired.
i was brave enough to grab the samples because i hypnotized myself into the logic that "nahhhhhh, if those people are faking these, they shouldnt bother themselves with faking thumbsized ones which can only be sold at US$ 5 max"

AND, bonjour is loaded with valmont cabin size products, from all cleansers and toners, to people's all time fav -- renewing pack, and regenetic, 24 hour cream, bio-regenetic, Regenera I & II, etc etc etc etc. now THOSE are dodgy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Just curious, where did you get your samples? How many uses you can get from one sample?

i think you can get from eds or ebay!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
dd7
i know bonjour! valmont purifying mask just HK532? oh, i should go back to purchase!
do you know how much is the salon size of rejuvenating mask?
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
[quote][quote="helenzwl"]dd7
i know bonjour! valmont purifying mask just HK532? oh, i should go back to purchase!
do you know how much is the salon size of rejuvenating mask?[/quote][/quote]

i mean i got 14 samples, each 5ml @ $38 HK$, so i got 70 ml at $532, ahahahahahahahaha. i doubt there is any left, in any bonjour, in kowloon (or hk island, for that purpose) Exclamation Exclamation
(the salon size purifying mask is 200 ml HK$ 1280)

i donno the price of salon size of that renewing pack...., well i saw sellers in yahoo hk sell them at about $1680.

but their packaging (of those salon size products) DO look TOO easy to be faked... i really donno about those, my dear ~~~~

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to update, I'm almost finished my jar but would like to say I will not repurchase. I still mean everything I said and this is a nice clay mask that has some moisturizing/brightening effects but this is too rich and not purifying enough for me. For the same effects I much prefer Osea's Red Algae mask for 1/3 of the price.

On another note the prices of valmont in HK are similar to the pricing I find in vancouver. Once I noticed a store was selling some Nature products cheaper but I took a closer look and they were all due to expire in about 6-9 months when usually Valmont or Nature masks have a shelf life of 2-2.5 years so the ones on sale have obviously been sitting there for quite a while. Needless to say I didn't stock up but in comparison there is no difference in pricing of full-size products (even at Sasa). In fact I find I much prefer buying it here in Vancouver as the stores offer EXTREMELY generous GWPs.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
wow! you buy 14 sample!!!!!!
I'm also afraid of the products bonjour and sasa carried are faked!
so i seldom buy the expensive things there.
but i have heard somebody said sasa is the agency of valmont in HK, do you know it is true?

sormuimui, i also want to buy from counter!
but there is no valmont counter near my home!
i live USA! where do you live?
when will the counter have GWP?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui, can you tell us which store in Vancouver do you find your valmont? I checked one store in Parker Place but their price is no better than EDS before any discounts.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Would the Valmont Face Exfoliant be a better alternative? Has anyone tried it?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Vancouver.
Valmont sells at retail, you are not going to find anywhere with better prices than EDS because you have your forum discount. However sometimes they have better GWP (depending on what you like to use). I'm pretty sure that place at Parker Place (they have another store at Aberdeen which I like better than the one at Parker) they are doing GWP right now. Also there are different GWP with different lines like Nature, Valmont White and Blanc and regular Valmont line.

Anyways I buy more from Shifeon (Oakridge or Robson) - they are doing GWP now - 2 Valmont products for a free Renewing Pack (not sure what size though, might not be full size). You also get 10$ gift certificate for ever 50$ you spend which is equivalent to a 20% discount. The GCs usually expire in 1-2 months and you can use them on your next purchase at that store which carries many many brands like Yonka, Maria Galland, Mary Cohr, Dr.H, vamont, Sothys, etc etc + lots of perfume. I mainly shop there now instead Beauty Court (which is where I assume you went in Parker Place). But when I was young I used to shop at Beauty Court and only pay 1 tax + get lots of GWP and samples.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |