Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
CLARISONIC - VOLTAGE CONVERTER - FEEDBACK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Livie

Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone, I promised some feedback on using a Voltage Converter in South-Africa for the Clarsonic Skin Care Brush. The verdict?? IT WORKS!!! At first I got a fright because the little green light kept on flashing which means it's charging but fully charged the green light should be constant. Well you need to charge the Clarisonic Brush at least 2 whole nights before it's fully charged and the green light is constant. I have used it and am extremely impressed!!! Normally when I clean my skin manually and look at my nose closely in the mirror, there are still blackheads and it still seems dirty. After having used Clarsonic brush it was squeeky clean. It also feels really nice on your skin, a lovely experience + Glowing Skin!!!!. If you love cosmetics and gadgets for skin as much as I do, this is really a nice treat for your skin and worth every penny! The cleanser that comes with it is also quite nice, but luckily one can use any cleanser with it if you don't prefer that one.
So those of you who are worried that it might not work in your country because of voltage compatibility = Don't, by all means get it Wink , just make sure you get the correct converter and ask your local eletrical shop to help you. The company that distributes clarisonic is only suggesting not too use converters because they don't want to be responsible if it doesn't work...which is understandible.
The risk was definately worth it!!! Thank You EDS for shipping to South-Africa!!!
Very Happy Love from a happy Clarisonic User!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:15 am      Reply with quote
thank you, Livie! i've been waiting for this. Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
OK, I think Livie wins the contest for the longest-distance member (um, yes, I speak English..well, i used to, now I just make up my own words and grammar) Laughing

So what else did you buy with the Clarisonic, Livie?

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Livie, for answering a long-standing question on this forum!

Of course, I really want to try this so I am filtering out what my credit card has to say to you Smile Now if only we had one of those nice EDS 20% off sales....
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
So do you think I'd be able to buy something in the UK that would also 'convert' the voltage for me? I emailed an ebay seller who said this is what I'd need to do. What exactly is a convertor?! The more I read about the Clarisonic the more I want one!
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I seriously am considering buying the clarisonic to use here in Holland. What kind of converters do you recommend? I have been looking everywhere online for the voltage of the Clarisonic, but I can only find the frequency. In that case, can anyone recommend what kind of converter I need?
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Yes, what is a converter? Is it just a plug that you put into the wall that is compatible with another country's voltage? I am in Australia.
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I contacted the clarisonic company and it runs on 2 watts, which is nothing! For those who are still wondering.

A converter changes the voltage from one country (such as the USA, which runs on 110 volts) to another country`s voltage (like here in Europe or in Australia, which runs on 220V-240V)so that you can use appliances without any problems. So you need to know the voltage of the country you are in, and the watts the appliance uses, so you can buy an appropiate converter/transformer.

Otherwise, without one, the appliance would blow up, get ruined, etc, because of the difference in voltage.

I hope this helps?
Slinkylynx
5% products discount

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Ooh, hallo, I'm glad I found this thread. I've ordered a Clarisonic, foolishly disregarding the voltage warning. Has anyone else used one in Australia yet? Success? Where did you get your converter?

If not, I promise I will answer my own questions as soon as mine arrives...
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I use mine here in Holland, which is the same voltage as Australia. I bought my transformer from a US company via Amazon.com which is listed below:

SEVENSTAR 100WATT STEP UP AND STEPDOWN TRANSFORMER

So far it works beautifully without any noise and no problems whatsoever. I also use this transformer for other things with no problems.

Hope this helps!
Cheers

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
So do you think I'd be able to buy something in the UK that would also 'convert' the voltage for me? I emailed an ebay seller who said this is what I'd need to do. What exactly is a convertor?! The more I read about the Clarisonic the more I want one!

I use a voltage converter for my clarisonic and it works fine. Am using UK plug and voltage. Been running for 5 mths now, *fingers crossed.
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Just in case anyone's interested, I asked around about voltage converters and generally it seems like for recharging devices, it is pretty safe. However, it may damage some appliance/ electronics in the long run if it is running on "live electricity" through the converters.. Good news for clarisonic! Wink
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have already bought a voltage converter adn waiting for the clarisonic brush arrival.
Hope it can work on me.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
i'd like to buy it for a long time
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so excited to try this! They are even on Ebay super cheap!!!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
It's been almost 3 years since they came out with the product. I really don't understand why the Clarisonic company doesn't make a 220V version! I've emailed their company a dozen times with no replies. I find that so rude.

It's not like there's no demand for the product outside of USA/Canada/Japan
jud

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
On the clarisonic website they sell something they call the "universal charger" for $45. It works on 100-240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz so should be good anywhere. It's just too bad that you have to pay so much extra money.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:12 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
It's been almost 3 years since they came out with the product. I really don't understand why the Clarisonic company doesn't make a 220V version! I've emailed their company a dozen times with no replies. I find that so rude.

It's not like there's no demand for the product outside of USA/Canada/Japan

I emailed them in late 2007 and they informed me that their company would be producing a universal model that would be due out in early 2008. It's now 2009 and - nothing. With so much demand you'd think they would resolve this issue. However, it's interesting that they now have an adaptor available but it's annoying to have to fork out more money. With the Aussie dollar the way it is, things are bad enough already.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I've just checked out the Clarisonic website and it now seems that they HAVE come out with a universal charger that is safe to use world-wide. You just have to purchase an adaptor for your particular country.

This is what everyone has been waiting for! I can't believe that they haven't sent out any promotional material to people like me who have been constantly in touch with them about coming out with an international model.

Check it out here:
http://www.clarisonic.com/shop/universal-charger.php

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu!
But the plug is still the American standard 2-prong. I just emailed them asking if it's safe to use the charger with a plug adaptor, because it's so wet in the bathroom.. It would be tragic if I were to die from electrocution, all because of my vanity! Doubt
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Thanks Keliu!
But the plug is still the American standard 2-prong. I just emailed them asking if it's safe to use the charger with a plug adaptor, because it's so wet in the bathroom.. It would be tragic if I were to die from electrocution, all because of my vanity! Doubt

Everything in my bathroom is on an adaptor because everything was purchased OS. I haven't fried myself yet!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I'll keep that in mind, thanks Keliu!
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:18 am      Reply with quote
EDS carries the universal charging cradle as well:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/clarisonic-universal-char-p_9720.htm
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Schang! Now I REALLY wanna buy it even though it's out of my budget!! Sad

Keliu wrote:

Everything in my bathroom is on an adaptor because everything was purchased OS. I haven't fried myself yet!

Keliu- I was wondering, for the Clarisonic and other electronic gadgets with which you use an adaptor, do you keep them plugged in in the bathroom 24/7? And if yes, is there a particular brand of adaptors you use that is especially safe? Thanks!
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome! I've been eyeing the Clarisonic too, but I spent so much during the holidays!

I know you didn't pose this question to me, but I live overseas now (from the US, but currently living in China) so I deal with voltage conversion issues too. Just wanted to say that I unplug all of my non-Chinese gadgets after using them with a converter.

Also, getting a good voltage converter is key. I think plug adaptors are pretty easy to find. But getting a bad converter will fry whatever you're trying to use.

And I apologize if I've used converter/adaptor incorrectly. The important one is the things that converts your voltage, the other one just makes sure your plug fits into the socket.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |