Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Trying to take 10 years off my eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I think I've tried everything. I'm in my mid 40s and I'm aging around my eyes. My eyes are puffy - but no bags yet - so not time yet for surgery.

The puffiness creates purpley dark shadows in the half-moon indented crease (does that make sense?) under each eye.

I know I can look better if I can just find something that will lighten those dark shadows.

I've tried many concealers and the dark purple line is still there.

Any suggestions? I've read that DMAE is good for darkness around the eye - but what I need is great concealer that will deflect? reflect? light? so that the dark indents are less visible.

Ideas? suggestions? I am feeling desperate here.

Thanks, BF
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Remergent Microcirculation for eyes is getting good reviews here from those using it regularly. My sample was used by my husband who really liked it.

Perhaps some of the longer-term users can comment on how it helped.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've had really good results for dark circles with PTR Power K Eye Rescue but unfortunately stuff like that works for some and not others. It really depends on the source of those dark shadows. I think before you settle on a cream, you should try to figure out where the shadows come from. They can be caused my allergies, lack of sleep, sinus problems (congestion), poor lymphatic drainage, or just genetics. Have you always had them or are they recent?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
I would have to second the Remergent Microcirculation. To really get the job done put this over Juvedical Eye Serum or under L Elixir Des Glaciers Eye Cream. I know that these products are expensive but they do work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
For circles and puffiness, my top four (used to be three but have to add Barielle's Eye cream to this list now), are:

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue
Cellular Skin Eye Bright
Teamine Eye Complex

And, now, the Barielle. I've noticed that bran extract and green tea seem to be the common ingredient in these that must make them work. So, I pretty much shop them by price.
florayen
5% products discount

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I saw great results with Avon Clinical Lift Eye Cream. Less lines and dark circles and the area looks firmer.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I sell avon and many of my customers have liked it
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Barefootgirl!

It must be the season... I think I have seen 4 posts on dark undereye circles this morning!

I will tell you what I told them... In my opinion the best thing for dark undereye circles with or without puffyness is the Ice Element Illumineyes serum. It is simply awesome!

Pair it up with their eye cream and you are good to go.

For more information, I recommend that you check out the Ice Elements website at http://iceelements.com

They have the set of the serum and cream on sale at hsn.com for this month... It is like buy one get the 2nd for $5! Shock I actually ordered it on autoship. Wink

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm in my mid 40s and have had problems with droopy eyelids and lines around my eyes. I've been using the Avon Anew Clinical Eye Lift double cream/gel for around the eyes (from ebay) and also tried CoverTox Ten (Physicians Formula) Wrinkle Therapy Concealer - in time, this is supposed to help with not only wrinkles but dark circles. So far, I'm really pleased with both products. I recommend getting a shade darker of teh Cover Tox Ten then you would normally get.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I would not try any of the quick fix freeze options. I use PSF O2 serum and Remergent DNA repair and am very please with the results.

Remember anything that is actually improving the quality of your skin takes time.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
The puffiness creates purpley dark shadows in the half-moon indented crease (does that make sense?) under each eye.

The dark shadows in the half moon is actually a shadow cast from the puffiness. In order to get rid of the dark shadow you need to address the puffies. Is your puffiness occasional or is is from fat deposits under the eye? If it is fluid retention or allergies there are several products that help. Currently I am using Pevonia Eye Gel. I am quite pleased with this product. My under eye puffiness is my biggest skin problem. In my case the puffiness is from fat deposits. I can not get rid of the fat except with a surgical procedure. The Pevonia Eye Gel makes my eyes look a lot better.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |