Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::REVIEW:: Jurlique Day Care Face Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Need hydration? Pray
Stearing clear of nasty ingredients? Speak to the hand
Looking for a "to die for" smell? Dancing

Idea Then don't look past the Jurlique Day Care Face Cream.

It is very easy to overlook this product as it has no "wow" factor at first glance, BUT, deep within its little metal tube is a superb moisturizer at a decent price.

It is CA$45 for a 40ml tube here in EDS, not a bad price at all. It does come in a 125 ml tube, though unless you have more than one person using it I would not recommend the big size. I got a 1/2 oz (15ml) tube in a travel set last year and had not gotten around to using it. I gave it to hubby to take to Germany for his two weeks at World Cup and I have been using it a week too and it is still close to 2/3 full, so I reckon the 40ml tube would last close to 6 months.

So, what does this do? According to Jurlique it is: A luxurious emollient cream developed especially for dry or delicate skin. Provides superior moisturisation. Day Care Face Cream contains natural moisturising ingredients including Jojoba, Rose Hip Oils and Shea Butter. Natural herbal anti-oxidants help reduce the damage caused by pollutants and natural ageing.

And, according to the EDS site, the Day Care Face Cream provides maximum hydration and protection during extreme climatic conditions, making it an essential for snow skiing or beach holidays.

It comes out of the tube very thick, think Creme de La Mer-like consistency, but a bit creamier. Like La Mer you have to rub it between your fingers/palms and then press it into the face (this stuff cannot be "rubbed" or massaged in because it is too thick. You only need to squeeze out about 1cm (just under 1/2 inch) to have enough for your entire face and neck (according to Jurlique website you can also use on the eye area).

How does it feel?
The skin is left matt, hydrated and almost with a "barrier". Being summer, I have actually used this at night a few times, but it is definately coming to our house for winter. My husband LOVED it and used it every day in Germany and said it was great for his face in the very dry heat they had. it can also be used over the top of Herbal Recovery Gel (but I did not like that stuff)

The smell?.. well, I cannot pin-point it... think Cellcosmet meets Valmont meets Rose meets Baby Powder and you will have an idea. It is strong, lasts for quite a while (30 mins later I can still smell it on my palms) but it is LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY The more I use this the more I seem to like it. I cannot believe it sat here for a year (I received it July 2005 and use-by is October 2007) and I had no temptation to try it (that is what I mean by it is easy to overlook it).

Key Ingredients:
Chamomile, Calendula, Green Tea, Turmeric, Grape Seed, Vitamin C, Evening Primrose Oil, Rose, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Petitgrain Oil, Violet, Rose Oil, Daisy, Marshmallow

Full Ingredients: Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Calendula officinalis, Bellis perennis (Daisy), Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria), Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow), Rosa gallica (Rose), Viola odorata, Equisetum arvense (Horsetail), Camellia sinensis (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Curcuma longa (Turmeric); Persea gratissima (Avocado) Oil; Glycerin; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Alcohol; Rosa canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil; Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil; Glyceryl Stearate Citrate; Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) Oil; Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil; Honey; Xanthan Gum; Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Root Extract; Cera alba (Beeswax); Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil; Citrus aurantium amara (Bitter Orange) Oil; Rosa centifolia (Rose) Flower Oil; Hydroxymethylglycinate; Lactic Acid; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Lecithin; Tocopherol (Vitamin E); Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks for the AMAZING review! When winter comes and I need a stronger face cream, this one will probably be topping my list. If you've tried any of the Dr. H face creams, how would you compare them to this? TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hey Liz, no I have not tried any of the Dr. H ones. I will be in a shop tomorrow that sells some (the whole range is not sold in Japan) so I will compare at least the texture for you.

I just got my first lot of Dr. H stuff from hubby's trip to Germany (my personal shopper)... I got the cleansing cream, toner, day oil, revitalizing mask, and the sensitive rhythmic night therapy thingys. Laughing I tried the mask for the first time tonight but have not tried the others yet. Plan to use the rhythmic night thing during August (our hottest month).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!! What a great review! I currently use Dr H and Primavera but have considered incorporating some Jurlique when I can afford to as well. I'm sure this review will help convince many people who have not even thought about Jurlique before.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Ok tiger_tim, I'm gonna wait for your review on the DHCC Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
i asked for samples of the cream and lotion with my last eds order...I hope i get some!

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:55 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Need hydration? Pray
Stearing clear of nasty ingredients? Speak to the hand
Looking for a "to die for" smell? Dancing

Idea Then don't look past the Jurlique Day Care Face Cream.

rofl

Thanks for the review! I haven't tried the cream but I do have the lotion version of this and it is indeed divine. The scent is fabulous and the lotion itself is a good moisturiser. I have a travel sized bottle of this (from a GWP) and am planning on buying a full size at some stage. Have you tried the lotion? Is it the same divine scent as the cream or a different divine scent? Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
no, haven't tried the lotion, but I bet it is probably the same divine scent. The cream is definately a dry weather product and we will get a full-size in time for winter.

I doubt DH would go for the lotion, as we just spend ages going over what he likes and does not like this afternoon. He prefers thick creams like this one, but has settled on my Caudalie VinoPulp trial size for the rest of summer. Laughing It was hilarious going through all my trial tubes and testers etc. He does not like the smell of Cellcosmet (though Ultra Vital and eye cream are favorites for texture) so wont have that, others are too runny (Caudalie oil free, Origins Plantidote, AquaFruit Gel) or dont sink in enough (Osea) or are too oily (Decleor balms).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz- The texture of this almost identical to the DH rose day cream. A white and rich cream.

I found the scent to be very simlar to the Nivia face cream, which actually put me off a bit.

Tiger Tim, I envy you that you and your hubby can even talk about skincare... I have to tie mine down to get him to moisturise!!!
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Day Care Face Lotion is excellent for combi/oily/breakout skin. I love this product. Smeels great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample of it from my last order. I haven't started to use it because I am afraid it would be to rich for the hot weather since I also use a sunscreen on top. I will remember to try it when the weather cool off a bit.

Ps. I wonder what kind of skin type you have? I have combo to dry skin. if the cream is too rich I will surely break out.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
hopemelody wrote:
I have a sample of it from my last order. I haven't started to use it because I am afraid it would be to rich for the hot weather since I also use a sunscreen on top. I will remember to try it when the weather cool off a bit.

Ps. I wonder what kind of skin type you have? I have combo to dry skin. if the cream is too rich I will surely break out.

I am exactly the same. Combo to dry. Winter sees me drier and more dehydrated as our climate here is very dry during the winter months (and everywhere is WAY overheated).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to update this review. True to my word, this Day Cream did find its way into our home ready for winter. I ended up buying the super sized tube duty free in Australia and my husband has been using it every morning for the last month. Thus far this winter he has not complained about dry skin once, so it is doing its job well! The bonus for me is that he just smells so yummy as I see him off each morning! Very Happy

A couple of days I have even used it - when it has been bitterly cold or I knew I would be in super dry conditions - and it performed wonderfully and never left me with an oil pit mid-afternoon.

This one gets an extra to add to the first 3 I gave it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
This is a good review but this moisterizer can't be used on someone who has the tendency to get blackheads.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I have both samples for the cream and lotion versions. Now I will find a time to try them out since the weather has been cold cold cold.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I am wrong about it clogging pores. Maybe the lotion would be a better option for me.
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
i prefer the lotion to the cream.

the cream was a teensy bit too rich for me, but my skin can get dry on the cheekbones and nose. i find this product to keep those areas nice and hydrated, but is not so rich that the rest of my face suffers.

i also like that you can use the lotion on the eye area, which i find gives a nice boost to my eye cream.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I used this day cream,but i felt it's too oily than hydrate which i really need.But ,i recommend JURLIQUE rose lotion,it's hydrate and it smells nice Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
DH has had no trouble with blackheads and he is usually very prone to them. But with good cleansing and exfoliation, seems to have them beat.

Anyway, in my original review I mentioned how little to use. Max. 1cm will cover all your face and neck. You cannot RUB this stuff in because it is so thick, but the best results are from (1) spritzing face (2) warming cream between the palms and then (3) patting (like the rolling method) the cream onto the skin. If you used too much of this I could see how it woudl be heavy and oily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
The power of persuasion. No not for this particular product as tiger_tim's excellent review has given me enough info to know that it would be too rich for my skin but the Jurlique line is one I have never tried but it does have a few products that have certainly caught my interest lately. I just have to figure out how I can still keep using my existing favourites and add these ones in as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the Jurlique Day Face Cream (from EDS, of course!) and finally decided to give it a try this morning.

I was a bit worried when I noticed just how thick it really is, but it has been sitting beautifully underneath my makeup since 7 am this morning and my makeup is still flawless... who'd thunk it could act as a primer, too??

I may just have to pick up a tube of this one for winter... I wouldn't even attempt to use in summer, though...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I tossed a bit of this on my face last night since I was too lazy to off and find my own face stuff... this morning my skin feels so nice and hydrated still. I reckon this would be great for use in-flight or when sleeping in hotels (where the air is always so damned dry)

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger Tim, totally great review and follow-up! I have been trying to be very good these last two months (after receiving a speech on 'credit' yadda yadda and 'bills' yadda yadda) and use up what I have but I feel a strong lemming coming on! I think it was the lack of "wow" feeling you described as to why I have been avoiding this product but now that you have *sexed* it up a bit.... Bad Grin Hmmmmmm... maybe I could say it was for him? Liar
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I have both samples for the cream and lotion versions. Now I will find a time to try them out since the weather has been cold cold cold.

I just tried on the face cream after HRG. It is a weird thick consistency that melt on my fingers after rubbing it a little. I guess this is my first cream that apply with press motion. It feels really nice on my skin in this cold winter but I wonder if my face will become very shinny after a while...

My cat was very intrigued to how my face smell after the day cream though Very Happy

Edited to add that the day cream is a lot thicker than their Calendula Cream (supposely for sensitive and acne prone skin)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
shenpei wrote:
I used this day cream,but i felt it's too oily than hydrate which i really need.But ,i recommend JURLIQUE rose lotion,it's hydrate and it smells nice Wink

Now I am planning for some of my summer moisturizers. Will the JURLIQUE rose lotion light enough for combination skin in summer time?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |