Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
A curiousity with make up
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
So I've never used make up before. I don't really see the need since I've always been what they call a "natural girl". Make up always kind of put me off, and I've constantly associated it with being a slutty high school cheerleader. It seems that girls these days start sexualizing themselves way too early and they use make up to do this, so I've avoided it. But now that I'm grown and secure in my womanhood (HUZZAAAAH), I feel that I can let go of these impressions because I have no felt pressured or forced to make myself appear older or attractive to the opposite sex at the too young age of 12-14,- I first got comfortable with being both, in my own due time (which is the way it should be, right ladies Wink )

The truth is, I've always been fascinated with make up in an artistic sense. I've never really been interested in wearing up (up until now) but moreso, in applying it. I'd love to be a make up artist or something along those lines. I'm sure it'd be so fun!

I'd like to experiment with some products, on myself though. I am very serious about taking care of my face, so I don't feel the need to wear foundation or any of those creams. I'd just feel so...clogged. Same with lipstick- it's just gross to me.

I DO really like eye make up, such as eye shadow (powder and the liquid stuff), mascara...no liner. I don't do that :\

I am a HUGE fan of lip gloss and light colors!

Mm...I guess that's all I like. What else is there? I don't like artificial colouring like..powder on my cheeks or anything. Plus, my skin is so sensitive I couldn't wear blush or foundation anyway.

PART 2 of my thread:

I have no idea what looks good on me. I have no concept of colours on skin, so I was hoping someone could give me a tutorial on what would suit me best, and how to apply it.

I have pale skin, commonly paired with dark auburn hair. I have SOME freckles, but can't be seen unless I've been in the sun for awhile. So yes, I'm quite fair, but my face can get quite rosy along my cheeks. My eyes are almost black and I get the "big, brown eyes.." deal a lot from my mother *embarrassed cringe* My eyes are dark, but they're not "rimmed" as if I had eye liner on.

This is the part where you help meeeee.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ,

By the sounds of it I think you'd be best to check out mineral makeup. Natural ingredients, skin friendly, no chemicals....There's lots of great brands out there that sell small samples relatively cheap. A couple of my favourites are Pure luxe and barefaced minerals.

http://www.pureluxecosmetics.com/default.php
http://www.barefacedminerals.com/ (they're having a 25% off sale right now if you buy $25)

I don't have your colouring so I can't suggest colours. Rhonda at barefaced minerals is amazing and I'm sure she'll be able to recommend some if you email her (you can email her a pic of yourself too which will help)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ - Well, I've been wearing makeup since I was about 13 (although just lip gloss/clear mascara to start) and I STILL don't know what looks good on me! Laughing I would suggest you start off by going (dare I say this after the testers thread? Shock ) for a makeover/color consultation. Even if you aren't interested in their brand, they'll tell you about your skin tone and what colors work best for you.

I've only been to a few myself. They were at Merle Norman, Prescriptives and a couple of at home Mary Kay makeovers. Although I'm not a fan of Mary Kay, all of their applicators were small disposable ones so you know they aren't contaminated (if that really concerns you). I felt safe with Merle Norman too, but I can't really remember the Prescriptives one.

Good luck and welcome to the world of face painting! Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
the best one I've had is the prescriptives make-over. While their makeup isn't my favourite it wasn't until I saw them that I was able to figure out my skin tones. I had thought only asians were yellow...I'm much much better at selecting colours for myself now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
The staff at the Bobbi Brown counter do the most fantastically flattering make-up sessions, including teaching you how to apply everything properly.

MAC MUA's are especially good if you love bright colours.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Just read Trish Mcevoy's book. I think it is good and recommend it. I have been using her products for years and am always made to feel a bit less of a woman by the counter staff as I don't often wear a lot of the make up i have bought (but it looks so pretty!) but since I read the book it's clear i am a 'level 1' and there's nothing wrong with it..actually Trish McEvoy wants to be me!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
Just read Trish Mcevoy's book. I think it is good and recommend it.

I agree, this is a great book to get you started and will help you find your comfort level with make up.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |