Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Besame Cosmetics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this line? It's considered "vintage" or "retro" line with colors that are reminiscent of the 50s. The packaging is delightful and they sell samples but I'm wondering if anyone has tried the line?

It's super popular with rockabilly crowds and models that work for vintage and replica clothing companies.
www.besamecosmetics.com

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Never heard of it, but you're right about the packaging - it's gorgeous and very glamourous!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to try it...I got into a rockabilly phase for awhile...with Bettie Page bangs, etc...
but i never got around to it.

It's an unlisted brand on MUA...and though its gotten very few reviews...they are all great.

Some of the ingredients aren't great...but I still hear people rave about it.

Luckily you can buy samples of pretty much everything before you purchase the larger sizes.

I've discovered the joys of sampling...I wish all lines had samples available online to purchase!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Those are really beautiful and elegant looking compacts! For me, I wasn't too sure about the colours, but then they might be sheer and not as vibrant as what you see on the screen.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it about a year ago. It was O.K., I would not repurchase it.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just received 4 different red lipstick samples, and honestly they are all gorgeous. I don't even know which one to order, they are all beautiful. The texture is great, light, but stays on. I am now lemming the 5 lipstick pack in reds for 75$. Oh no someone help me!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing! Very Happy Too bad the lipsticks contain petroleum. Petroleum dries out my lips. Crying or Very sad
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I do love the packaging though Wink So pretty!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
the name means "kiss me", that's cute.
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
At the end of the year several beauty bloggers listed their top 10 beauty picks of the past year. I remember several of them noted the besame lipsticks. For their packaging and the lipsticks as well. I have never tried them but everything I have read says that they live up to the hype. HTH!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I am wearing Red Velvet today. It is such a perfect red. I'm dying to try the powder as well. The lipsticks are only $18 but they are in a very small container from what I have read- almost like a mini-lipstick. Maybe next payday I may have to buy the red velvet, but the sample I got will surely last a bunch of applications.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I have some. Totally a luxury item. I have the foundation, powder, and samples of the lippies. Very, very nice. (note: the yellow based foundation is VERY yellow) The powder, especially, is delightful -- it has a sweet candy scent that makes me smile. And the foundation is flawless and creamy. I wear MMU, but if I had scads of money to spend, I'd get more of this line -- in a collector's sort of way. You don't need all the res, btw. Get samples, then pick the one that works best for you.

Besame was listed in 2007 L.A. Weekly's "Best of" edition. (Another collector's item. Wink ) I predict we will hear more and more about this line. National beauty magazines, Oprah, etc. It's got a great "hook," packaging, and quality. It will only grow from here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Sidda, I agree, I just want the foundation, powder, blush, etc, b/c it is so pretty and just such a luxury item, that I would prob. never use, just look at it all the time!
I am prob. going to buy Red Velvet b/c I am on a red lipstick kick, and along with my Julie Hewett reds, I think this one is different enough to warrant a purchase.
I would love to try the foundation, but would be worried about finding the right color online.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
amylola - between the julie hewett reds and the besame ones, which would you recommend for someone who's fair (i wear lumiere mmu in 50/50 combo of light cool and light beige), some freckles, reddish brown hair, brown eyes? i already own jh in gem noir, kiki, and biba, but would love something special for a real red oomph Smile
lisaroberts
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I have my small collection setting out on my dresser. Everyone comments on it. So far, though, out of the brush set, powder, shadow and lipstick, the only thing I have used is the Red Velevet lippie. Perfect for my PPP complexion. hth
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
sark, i would have to agree w/ lisaroberts - the red velvet is extremely wearable. I could wear it everyday! Plus it is very long lasting. If I were you I would order the samples from Besame, they are $1.50 each, and you truly get enough product to wear a bunch of times. They do not charge for shipping either. I would try the red velvet, the cherry red, maybe the merlot, it's a bit darker, more like coco noir. Then you can play with them and see which colors you feel most comfortable wearing. I bought like 5 different red samples first, then tried them all. And plus you will get the 5$ off coupon when you order samples, then can use it toward one great red lippie!!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh and lisaroberts - I am jealous, they do not have the brush set anymore!!! I really really want to order the pressed powder - but 45$ yikes!!
lisaroberts
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Oh and lisaroberts - I am jealous, they do not have the brush set anymore!!! I really really want to order the pressed powder - but 45$ yikes!!

You are too funny!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:

don't worry -- i've got something better. i'm dragging avalange over to Caron soon (just introduced her this afternoon). before she tested the powder, she wanted the compact. then she tested the powder.... now *that* is a powder to pay for!
lisaroberts
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
amylola wrote:

don't worry -- i've got something better. i'm dragging avalange over to Caron soon (just introduced her this afternoon). before she tested the powder, she wanted the compact. then she tested the powder.... now *that* is a powder to pay for!

Wow! Talk about top of the line. I hope she appreciates your enabling, er, suggestion! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
lisaroberts wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
amylola wrote:

Wow! Talk about top of the line. I hope she appreciates your enabling, er, suggestion! Bad Grin

Bad Grin it was just a display, but i'm going to drag her to the real deal! i mean, we're in paris, so why not??? the stuff is abolutely effin gorgeous! i've been meaning to check it out, and now i'm totally smitten. i truly think it may be worth the hype. i'll report back after our trip to the mothership.... (and, yeah, it's fun being a bad influence. but i have to pay her back *somehow* Bad Grin )
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Is this the brand name - Caron??
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I recently bought several fullsize items from Besame and a bunch of samples, so ... here's my opinion.

The packaging is beautiful. However, the fullsize eyeshadow compact, no matter how pretty, is really difficult to handle. Because it's small and there's no real "grip" to provide leverage, it is constantly a struggle and I "get in my own way" just trying to open it! Therefore I haven't used it much, but I do like the color, wear, and texture of the eyeshadows.

The lip and eye pencils are nothing at all special. Not a bad product, but no different from any other twistup pencil, except more expensive with prettier packaging. I also was annoyed to find they broke off inside the pen casing even more quickly than most similar twistup pencils have in my experience ... after just a few weeks of only-occasional use. I now have to be careful how I hold them when applying or the entire "tube" of color falls right out of the pen.

The samples came in really cute, tiny, sheer, tinted plastic screw-top pots - the nicest sample pots I've personally seen or used before. The blush powders are very nice and natural looking and feeling.

I was especially curious about the foundation because it's very densely pigmented, meaning, I would assume, one would have to use less product for coverage. After using this several times, I still prefer MMU. (I use Aromaleigh Glissade mineral powder foundation.) However, the Besame creamy foundation should be nice for someone who wants high coverage but doesn't like powder. It's thick but not particularly pancakey, though I found I needed a little more moisturizer underneath - especially in the eye area - than I normally would in order to produce a natural-looking finish (I have normal skin, not too dry or oily). And you only need to use a very small amount for much better coverage than with most cream foundations.

I didn't care for the finishing powder samples because they didn't do a thing to tone down my sometimes-shiny nose ... which is my requirement for a traditional finishing powder (my fave: MAC Blot powder). So I haven't continued using them.

The lipsticks are adorable - yes, mini sized and the texture is very creamy. I found the colors I picked out were a bit too strong for me, but they have really lovely dramatic shades!

My favorite item that I'm actually using quite a bit (until I get started on the Lips2Kiss system, that is) is the lipgloss that I got in Chocolate Glaze. It smells delicious and gives a nice sheer brownish tint that helps soften an overbright or too-pink lipstick.

Overall I would say it's a very prettily packaged (and overpriced!) line with good, not outstanding, products and very limited color selection - aside from the lipsticks, which have a very nice variety of color choices and a really lovely texture.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Is this the brand name - Caron??

http://www.parfumscaron.com/UK/perfumes_powders/powders.html
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Beautiful La Vie - too bad there are no prices!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |