Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
::Review:: Renee Rouleau Anti-cyst treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
This thing has done NOTHING for the hormonal cysts on my chin, in terms of redness/pain/size. Smells weird too. I gave it 2 weeks and applied it on 4 different cysts. In conclusion, a complete waste of money. Back to the drawing board. Crying or Very sad
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
You should try Serious Skin Care Dry Lo. It's very good as an overnight spot treatment.

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product_detail.asp?departmentId=1565&itemId=265573&Nz=0

In case you're wondering at the price, I always get it in a kit so it's cheaper. Smile
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah that Serious Skin Dry Lo did nothing for me. Smells bad too. 2.5% BP applied every single day has done wonders for my skin. It's not as strong as the 10% but it's more gentle and will gradually show results for almost anything..cysts or just the odd blemish. I like neutrogena on the spot.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I know it sounds almost cliche, but the absolute BEST thing for zits is Proactiv Repairing Lotion. I don't use any of the other Proactiv products, but this with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Glycolic Toner and Control Cream have given me the smooth, clear skin that nothing else in 17 years had been able to do. I put the Proactiv on popped zits, blackheads, whiteheads and pimples and it makes them go away overnight or the next day. I use it only as needed as a spot treatment, but sometimes I will spread a thin layer over acne prone areas of my face as a preemptive measure. It only dries out or irritates my face if I use it too many nights in a row. This stuff just works like a dream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hey alilicious, is the Proactive Repairing Lotion good on cysts as well?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm also desperate to find something to treat cysts. I spend hours picking at my face and make things so much worse. I wish I could find something that would get rid of them for good.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Hey alilicious, is the Proactive Repairing Lotion good on cysts as well?

Everyone has diff experiences with proactiv. The repairing lotion (which I have discontinued use of now) has always kept my acne at bay and the only stuff I would get ARE CYSTS. I would get these anyways so imo it DOES NOT work for cysts. For me it works only on milder acne. I

It also BLEACHES my clothes!! I'd buy a new t-shirt and after a few washes I'd get blotches of white on it - and I've concluded it's due to the BP. I used to use it AM and PM so I'm sure it rubs off on my shirt randomly when I change. I've thrown away quite a few t-shirts due to this - definitely an added expense on using proactiv!
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
No, I don't think it works well on cysts, for me anyway. I have heard that for other people it is the only thing that works for their cysts, but I haven't really had success with it in that area, but for pimples... it is great.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I use to get occassional cysts too - the ones that last forever.

I still get them every now and then but since I've been using lactic acid peels, they go away within a day or two. It's pretty fantastic.

I shouldn't be saying this (b/c I'm an esthetician)but you don't even have to go to the doctor's office or the esthetician's office for these peels. They'll charge you something obscene like $75 for a peel that'll last 1-2 minutes. Instead, buy a bottle of lactic acid peel from MUA for $50 and it'll last you YEARS. Start conservatively by leaving it on for 30 seconds until you build up a tolerance.

Lactic Acid is wonderful - it's easily tolerated and natural to the body. It works wonders.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I used to get those huge horrible cysts all over my chin, I'd have like 3 or 4 at a time and I HATED my skin. I haven't had a single one in over 6 months now and I very much attribute it to some supplements I started taking and Mychelle's Cranberry Cleanser. I was taking 1000 mg of Vitamin C a day and 100 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid. Whenever I'd forget to take the vitamins for several days, I could feel the cysts threatening to return. I now take Murad's Clear Skin supplement because it's a little cheaper than buying the Alpha Lipoic separately. I'm on my 2nd bottle and it really seems to help.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Girlblue wrote (Instead, buy a bottle of lactic acid peel from MUA for $50 and it'll last you YEARS. Start conservatively by leaving it on for 30 seconds until you build up a tolerance. Lactic Acid is wonderful - it's easily tolerated and natural to the body. It works wonders.[/quote])

Can you give me some more info - I checked out Makeup Alley but couldn't find the lactic acid. I'm desperate to try this, it sounds great. Thanks!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,

I think she meant Makeup Artists Choice

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/

Good Luck!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lifeplyr01 - I found it. Will let everyone know how it goes.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
makeupfiend wrote:
I used to get those huge horrible cysts all over my chin, I'd have like 3 or 4 at a time and I HATED my skin. I haven't had a single one in over 6 months now and I very much attribute it to some supplements I started taking and Mychelle's Cranberry Cleanser. I was taking 1000 mg of Vitamin C a day and 100 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid. Whenever I'd forget to take the vitamins for several days, I could feel the cysts threatening to return. I now take Murad's Clear Skin supplement because it's a little cheaper than buying the Alpha Lipoic separately. I'm on my 2nd bottle and it really seems to help.

Makeupfiend, how long did it take for you to see results from your supplements?
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Dollbird, I would say you definitely have to give it a good 30 days of taking the supplements faithfully every day to see the effects. But I really do think it's been a big help for my skin.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Makeupfiend! Good that you found something that works for you!
girlblue
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Heh, sorry.

Makeup Artists Choice.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |