Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Space NK Japanese wash cloth - smoothest skin!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
This is amazing. I had a good feeling about this, but can't actually believe it.

Though I have a nice body lotion that I use occasionally and use aloe gel after shaving my legs, on a day to day basis I don't use anything after my shower. In this heat I have noticed my skin is a bit dryer. Also been reading one should exfoliate body, which I never do. And some of the ladies on here really make me feel lazy in my body care!

Anyway, so I thought, why not try this new body cloth I've seen. Seemed fairly low maintenance. Though seemed expensive at £17. Had meant to delay in case my friend could get me something similar in Japan for cheaper but in the end thought what the hell.

Well.. it's the best £17 I have ever spent!! Used it this morning in the shower with my Jason Rosewater shower gel. It's a long cloth, like a scarf shape maybe. But a rough nylon texture. I put gel on it then rubbed it all over my body and it was fab for doing my back. My skin felt soft and smooth afterwards and has been like that all day. No lotions involved. Just wash and go. Really feels soft. Maybe I could do with a bit of aloe gel or shea butter on my elbows but that's it.

I am delighted!!

Smile
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds very much like the Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth! It also looks like a big scarf and is made of a dark blue nylon type material. I never take a bath without it now, and my skin is amazingly soft and polished afterwards. This is one of my HG exfoliaters! Love it!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I've got to try this! I've been looking for something to reach my back...thanks for the tip. Where did you both find yours...order it from EDS or the like?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi debbied - I ordered mine from EDS and I think it was about $18 CAD. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
daisy - It does sound very much indeed like the Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth, but the Dermalogica one is a heck of a lot cheaper.

The Japaneses-inspired cloths are incredible - best exfoliator I've ever experienced.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi majorb - I must thank you, since you're the one who turned me on to this fantastic product! Very Happy I'm kind of a shower girl, but find myself taking more and more baths just so I can exfoliate with this cloth! Love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it was thanks to someone else here at EDS that I tried it myself. Just shows how brilliant this place is for discovering new products. Very glad you like it! Very Happy
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I think I doubled a thread ,I hadn't read the Dermalogica buffing cloth one as just assumed it was for your face.

They do sound similar and the Dermalogica one cheaper, but I think even now I know about it, I'd still have my Space NK one as it goes better in my bathroom! How superficial am I Smile
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I sent an email to Space NK on availability in the States. Then checked a thread from June and got an ebay site that carries them. Sounds like the Japanese cloth may be the one to try. hmm Dunno, might look locally for an Asian Market. Thanks for reviewing this product. Now I can have one too!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I guess they are probably easy and cheap to get in Japan or a Japanese market in the US. If you want me to get one for you, I can. I have 3 Space NKs within walking distance - scary I know!
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
My husband would be in credit card HELL, if I lived so close! Bad Grin Thanks for such a kind offer! I'm going to check around here and see what's available. I'm just thrilled I found out about them. Cool! Cool
tiger_tim's_shadow
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
OMG OMG OMG 17 quid?! That is between 3 and 6 times what they are in Japan.

The one I bought for DH yesterday also has microfiber and removes "baby hair" from the body as it washes. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I talked with the folks at Space NK and they are gonna open a store in New York this year! They think the website here will be up and running by then too! Hmmm...far enough away that I can't just pop in and be tempted in person...it's always more expensive in person!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Dangerous!
Tiger Tim,which cloth did you get your hubby? Does it have a brand name? Also, what colours does it come in? My friend is in Japan right now so I could email her.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
The one I got is called "Germanium Epi Towel" and I got it at a store called LOFT. To look at it you would never think it would leave skin soft. It is two types of thread that looks loosely woven together. It comes in a clear box and has a pic of a pretty pinky-skinned lady on the box.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:29 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim's_shadow wrote:
The one I bought for DH yesterday also has microfiber and removes "baby hair" from the body as it washes. Smile

Tiger_tim (and shadow Smile) - does it *really* remove those fine little hairs?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Let me do some "hair removal" testing later this week. I don't have much hair on my forearms and what I have is colorless, so it is hard to tell how much is going. Laughing Maybe I should try it on the peach fuz near my ear/jawline... Laughing

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:28 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Let me do some "hair removal" testing later this week. I don't have much hair on my forearms and what I have is colorless, so it is hard to tell how much is going. Laughing Maybe I should try it on the peach fuz near my ear/jawline... Laughing

Excellent! Thank you - looking forward to hearing the results Smile
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
What's the update on this please Smile
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Oooh! I've got to share this! The dermalogica buff is soooooo wonderful I prefer using it on my back to having DH wash it! I either try to shower while DH is out or end up getting my back scrubbed twice...either way I win. Bad Grin Thanks to all who recommended this product. I just bought something similar, 2 packs of 2 ea. for holiday gifts at Marshalls for less than $6 a pack. I'm gonna add them to gift baskets I'm making.
LaLa
5% products discount

Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
17 sounds really expensive...I think that I've been using the same kind of wash cloth for years and I do like it a lot. It only costs around US$3.00 here in the Asian grocery stores.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
Hi debbied - I ordered mine from EDS and I think it was about $18 CAD. Very Happy

Er...why cant I find it on EDS? Can someone point me in the right direction!?
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I think this is the Dermalogica one on EDS
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dermalogica-ultimate-buff-p_1482.htm
It's about £8.50 GBP

Mine is a Space NK Japanese Wash cloth which was £17 GBP at Space NK here in the UK though I saw on another thread someone said that Space NK is opening a store in NY.

I did not know about the Dermalogica one before this thread. Though if I had a choice between the Space NK (cream) and the Dermalogica one (blue) I would still get the former as it matches my bathroom better....but sounds from other posts that you can get similar cloths in a similar colour in Asian stores for much less money.

Though if Tiger Tim's is a hair remover, I will be bugging her to buy and post me one Wink
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:59 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
The one I got is called "Germanium Epi Towel" and I got it at a store called LOFT. To look at it you would never think it would leave skin soft. It is two types of thread that looks loosely woven together. It comes in a clear box and has a pic of a pretty pinky-skinned lady on the box.

Hi,

do you know where I can find LOFT in Tokyo? Those buffing clothes sounds lovely so I think I will pick some up while I'm here. Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:19 am      Reply with quote
OK, time to fess up... I have not used the towel for ages. Laughing I got a bit carried away with my muji nylon towel that exfoliates even better (and is DIRT cheap - less than $3) and totally forgot to try the baby hair test. i will drag the towel out and try it, I promise. Embarassed

Now, Loft are assosiated with SEIBU Department Store. The one I go to is in Ikebukuro (I think levels 9 thru 12 of the SEIBU store). There is another one in Shibuya, but I dont know the exact location.

In the Ikebukuro store, when you get to the floor with make-up and skincare, the towels are kind of in the corner section between those two.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |