Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Why the Japanese have such good skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I have noticed that Japanese (& also Korean) women have such good skin. Especially after visiting a Japenese hair salon recently & it was weird but all the hairdressers there had the smoothest, most porcelain like skin Shock I assume it's mainly due to their genes & diet but does anyone know how they keep their skin looking so flawless?

Smile
tiger_tim's_shadow
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
putty Laughing

All jokes aside, it is the art of make-up. Japanese women are EXPERT of wearing geisha style makeup that will cover anything but at the same time just looking like a normal fully made up person.

I dont say this in a mean spirit, just that after all these years I have learned a few tricks and secrets Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
WHO'S TIGER_TIMS'S SHADOW ???!!!
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I think it's still our tiger_tim; only having difficutlties with the old id it due to change of email/notification.... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I think this is true. I host Japanese students/adult women in my home and I see them without make-up and with. THeir skin has not been flawless without the make-up BUT it is frustrating that they don't see to be suseptible to getting fine lines and wrinkles the way caucasions do...lucky them.
tiger_tim's_shadow
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing

Yup, it is moi. Waiting for them to activate my normal account again so I had to either make a new one for the weekend or face 2 days of NO posting.. Shock I did not think I could stand up to that though. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
oh, o.k. now. i was afraid somebody's insulting the one and only Tiger...

Yesterday in the Vienna city i was expecially looking japanese women in their faces (there are always lots of japanese tourists there - poor souls they were probably thinking i must have some problem with them...) and they are really quite wrinkleless.
Has anybody ever noticed that H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama in age of 70 has always no wrinkles?...
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I think the main contribution is Japanese diet and eating style.
I also agree with the fact that they are really good in covering their face with make-up.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
i believe its genes because most of them really have great skin and diet too. i think they eat a lot of raw and vegetable?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
One thing I noticed about Japanese women is that they go to major extremes to avoid the sun--- they wear huge hats, carry parasols--- I've even seen them tie handkerchiefs around their necks!! So, that might explain why there is a lack of wrinkles, age spots, etc...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
It's genes and diet. They eat a lot of fish and tofu and that could be the reason for their great skin, in addition to their longevity.
Dana26
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I heard that Japanese drinks a lot of green tea which helps with good skin.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, can't forget about the green tea! As a matter of fact, I'm drinking some now... Surprised

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
One thing I noticed about Japanese women is that they go to major extremes to avoid the sun--- they wear huge hats, carry parasols--- I've even seen them tie handkerchiefs around their necks!! So, that might explain why there is a lack of wrinkles, age spots, etc...

I was going to make a similar comment.

Plus, I'm guessing those northern Asian countries like Japan have a lower average sunlight hours per year than, say, parts of Australia. I have a friend who moved from Hong Kong to Australia for four or five years and when she returned you sure could see the difference in her skin - lots of pigmentation! Of course I kept these thoughts to myself Very Happy
tiger_tim's_shadow
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
The obsession with parasols (yes, I am one, but I just use a cream-color folding umbrella so it has multi-purpose) etc. is mostly in the big cities.

I love seeing the old farmer ladies who have the deep deep wrinkles, a huge smile and glittering eyes. They always look so damned happy. In the fields, they tend to wear bonnets kind of like Little House on The Prairie. That does give a fair amount of cover to the face.

As forthe sun, livingin Japan has done WONDERS for my skin.. not even one sunburn here in 12 years. And, much less pigmentation (ie frecles).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
i think a lot of it has to do with their diet.. they eat VERY VERY clean
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
i agree with the combination of things--genes, eating habits, staying away from the sun as much as possible, and incredible skincare products. i know it just isn't the skincare for them, but the fact that the japanese have such nice skin really draws me to their products. though i think the french seem to age nicely skin also (i am thinking about the actresses).

i think it's hilarious how japanese ads are so different from american ads. i saw a sunscreen ad for shiseido anessa and the main model was snow white while the ones surrounding her were golden tan. here in the states, the ad would be glorifying the tanned ladies!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I watched on TV that the japanese live the longest because of the fats in Sashimi (fish). So yes I agree the diet has a lot to do with this.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Omega-3 acid which helps the skin is found in fish. (Other places too, of course.) The green tea probably helps too.

Even though it's only 10am here, I have a strong craving for sushi now...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Diet, genes and an obsession with staying out of the sun. Gloves, hats, carrying their files/books/bags over their heads, to keep the sun off their faces.

I deal with the Japanese on a day to day basis, and they all look at westerners (caucasians) and add 10 years to our age. Crying or Very sad

However, they don't all have perfect skin, quite a few that I've dealt with recently (talking about the women here) have severe acne and some pigmentation. But in general, I'd say they have better skin than we do, as they obsessively stay out of the sun.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
asians (i am half chinese) tend to also have thicker skin & oilier skin. my mom is in her mid-fifties, and standing beside my soon-to-be mother-in-law, who is around the same age as my mom & caucasian, looks to be at least twenty years younger.

also, look at black skin, they tend to age very well, as well.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I really do think caucasian women have a disadvantage with aging. White women begin to show their age much sooner and much more dramatically.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I remember hearing a dermatologist say (on a radio broadcast) that those skin types with the most melanin are the strongest and those with the least the weakest, giving the examples of black skin versus those very pale, red haired type skins - I think he mentioned Irish-type skin. No offence meant to anyone Irish!
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
oh great, I guess I'm in for it now... I'm mostly Irish and some Native American Indian(but I look Irish) and I'm 27. My skin is very fair Sad I obsessively worry about my skin. I use sunblock, wear huge sunglasses and am militant about my skin-care. So far, so good. I am working on improving my diet to further help with my skin. When I think about facial aging, I feel really upset. I have noticed that women of different ethnicities in general have much better skin than caucasian women.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Thought I'd chime in, I'm Korean and my mom and I get compliments all the time on our skin. I think it must be our diet to begin with. We eat a lot of soy and a lot veggies that consist in our diet and of course rice Laughing .

Also my mother tries to avoid the sun like it's the plague, she'll put on some Shiseido spf 60, wear long sleeves and a hat before she leaves the house, I on the other hand am not too diligent about that regiment and get sun from now and then. I used to tan excessively when I was in my late teens, now in my mid 20's I've stop such non-sense in my book at least.

I don't ever wear foundation, liquid or powder could never really stand the stuff. All I wear is lotion with at least spf15, a tad of blush and mascara and I leave the house.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |