Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical ACTIVE SERUM- new formula?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed that the IS Clinical active serum has changed the ingredients/formula?
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
when and what's the difference ?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
what are the new ingredients can you list them versus the old?
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients as listed on my previous box of Active Serum:

-Purified water, butylene Gycol, SD alchohol 40, Gycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic acid, arbutin gylcoside, kojic acid, menthol, triethanolamine, hispagel, phenoxyethanol.

Here are the ingredients listed on my new box of Active Serum:

-water, glycerin, glycerl polyacrylate, butylene gycol, SD alcohol 30, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane extract), vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) extract, triethanolamine, arbutin, salix alba (willow) bark extract, polyporus umbellatus(mushroom) extract, menthol, phenoxyethanol.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I don't know "when" this change occured- only that I noticed the difference between ingredients listed. No kojic acid in the newer one.

I just started using the newer one and I don't think it stings as much as the old. i don't know if that's good or bad or just different?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
yikes....CALLING KATIE!!!!!!!

can i ask where you bought ur new bottle, was it here or elsewhere?
Thats a huge change

I just checked isclinical.com their own site and the ingredients for active are the same as original version..
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Should I be concerned? I was thinking about buying IS Clinical sometime within the next two months.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
just visited the ISC homepage and they still advertize the active serum with kojic acid and don't mention any change of ingredients. strange.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
where'd you buy this lin? was it here or ebay? Nor have the ingredients list changed on eds?
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the new version from EDS!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Where did the acids go? I read over the new list, but see no mention of glycolic etc. Confused
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I know that sugar can extract and willow bark extracts ARE acids but I don't know why the change.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
I know that sugar can extract and willow bark extracts ARE acids but I don't know why the change.

The reason I love active serum is the combo of glycolic (smooth skin surface) & BHA (exfol. pores). Methinks IS Clinical is getting a phone call tomorrow. I need to straighten this out. Confused
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Great! Please post what you find out!!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
ya this is scary, did your box say "new" improved ect.....or did you just happen to look? I am emailing them now.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
The box has a little different of a design- bigger logo on the front and a silver stripe around the bottom where it says "Innovative Skincare". Plus it now says "anti-aging, anti-acneic, brightening" on it on one side towards the top so I was just curious as to whether or not they added something to make it "brightening". I'm glad I checked.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Please let us know what you have found out about the ingrediante change and please ask them why they did not put on thier box that it has changed.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I would post this. Here is how skinterra lists the ingredients for the Active serum.

Active Serum by IS Clinical
Ingredients: water, glycerin, glyceryl polyacrylate, butylene glycol, sd alcohol 40, 8% glycolic acid (sugar cane extract), 2% lactic acid (bilberry extract), triethanolamine, 1% arbutin, 2% salicylic acid (willow bark extract), 0.5% kojic acid (mushroom extract), menthol, phenoxyethanol

It looks like the kojic is still in there but listed as mushroom extract. The glycolic and salicylic acids are still in there too. HTH
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa L: Thanks- that makes way more sense! The box does not say new or improved so I think (aside from the SD alcohol difference) that maybe it really is the same ingredients. It seems the same- same colour, same texture- maybe I'm not getting as much tingling with it simply because my skin is used to it now?
tiger_tim's_shadow
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe they were pulled up for not being more thorough on their labelling (ie not citing the source of the acids previously), hence the complete listing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Nah, the formula hasn't changed. I think they're just taking advantage of the "natural ingredient" craze. Their glycolic acid was always sugar cane extract, etc etc.

If you liked it before, you'll still like it I think Wink .
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Katiees right I just got my email and they had to add all ingredients (ect) since selling international now. He stated that its the exact same product!!!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |