Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Skin Care???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ssran
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I am so confused. I have very oily skin and depressed acne scarring on my cheeks. Everyone has been so helpful in recommending the best products. However, I am now just way to confused. Obaji, Epidermx, Dermilogical Silkia oil, What peel? toners, cleansers, sunscreen. I just want to get started , but now i don't knkow where to start. Could people tell me what actually worked for you. What peel is best, toner, cleanser, sunscreen???
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi ssran - you just have to remember, that when members give you recomendations, it's for the products that they use and love because it works for them. My suggestion would be to make a list of the products that you are most interested in and then get samples of them. That way, you will know first hand if you will like something or not, or if it's going to be compatible with your skin type. What works on one person's skin may not necessarily work on another's! HTH's Very Happy

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi ssran,

I know that it's not only confusing ... but there are so many products out there ... claiming to do so many wonderful things ... it's mind boggling! Laughing

I too would recommend that, whenever possible, get samples of any product you'd like to try. I would, however, add something to that.

Don't try more than one new product at a time ... and make sure that you try it for a reasonable length of time.

Particularly with problem skin [and I know just how problematic problem skin can be!] some products actually make it worse before it makes it better. That's very true for things like Obagi and tretinoin.

I've found that whenever I've introduced more than one product at a time, whether I get a good or bad reaction ... I don't know exactly what's caused the reaction.

I've suffered with problem skin seemingly forever ... and am 55 now. I've learned over the years that for my skin, simple is best.

I wish I could give you a magic potion that would clear your skin tomorrow ... and that would ensure that you never had problems again ... but I don't think that product exists. Laughing

I also don't think that what works for someone at, say, 20 will continue to work say at 40.

What you have to do is find what works for your skin now ... and stick with it. That means sampling products, one by one, and finding which one really works best for your and your lifestyle. Make sure that the routine isn't going to be so difficult that it's easy to skip, either.

Good luck with your skin care routine. You'll find lots of people willing to share here ... but as sportygirl says ... what works for one person may not work for another.

HTH

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum ssran - I remember the time I joined the forum, didn't know much about skincare.......it has been a very long journey, and it has not stopped - still looking.

The above ladies have given you good advice, as for me I am still looking. At the moment I am interested in the Ameno Genesis line, and thats because I am 40 - your age will play a big part in what will suit you, and the skin type. My skin is dry and not prone to spots.

I am no expert, there are a lot of people hear who have great knowledge - Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have very oily acne-prone skin. I've been breaking out since I was 8 (I'm 26 now). The only line that I've found success with is Serious Skin Care Continuously Clear.
I use this line along with Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel to speed up the fading of the acne scars. HTH
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |