Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

thin skin on nose due to surgeries????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Niecie74

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I have thin skin on my nose b/c I have had 5 surgeries. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the best products for me to use to thicken up the skin on my nose. I ordered Vitamin C serum. Anything else you think I should try at this time. I would appreciate so much any help and advice. Thanks in advance for your help. Denise
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi There,

copper peptides help thicken the skin, but I'd start very slowly with them. I also have noticed that retinyl palmitate (vitamin A ester) helps and matrixyl.
Niecie74

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your response. I am trying to thicken up the skin so imperfections are less noticeable. I will try your suggestions Smile
Niecie74

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Also, any suggestions or websites I should order these products from???
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Skinbio.com is where you can order the copper serum, but please start out slowly with this. it can be very irrating if you use too much and your skin isn't accustomed to it. The retinyl palmitate, I usually get from Environ, dermogenesis.com. Matrixy, EDS, sells the Aminogenesis and thepersonalformulater.com sells matrixyl by itself if you want to add it to a cream or lotion.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I seem to recall reading somewhere that emu oil was found in some kind of "proper medical study" to thicken the skin. Can't say I've noticed that effect myself but it might be worth looking into?
Niecie74

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out the websites you suggested. Just wondering with the matrixyl; what do you mix with it? Do you purchase a cream/lotion from and then mix the matrixyl with that and apply it to your face?? As far as the dermogenesis I have to look for a distributor in my area. I am going to try and find one and order the Vitamin a esther. They also sell a product on there called colostrum gel. Have you heard anything about that??? Denise
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've had surgery on my nose aswell, a rhinoplasy, don't know if this is the same type of surgery you had. Anyway I've found the skin on my nose to feel much thinner. It's still peeling a year and a half on.

I don't know which product would thicken the skin, but a C Serum would probably be a good thing to use anyhow, since because your skin is thinner it probably is much more sensitive to the sun. Mine is anyway.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Diane,

You can either get the Aminogenesis Photologen, or buy the Matrixyl and add it the a cream or lotion. That's what I did. I found that the cream is just too much for this heat. I live in southern california so I bought the Isomers Matrixyl 3000. I'll let you know how that goes.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |