Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

vitamin c serum turning?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
What color is skinceuticals supposed to be. Is it still effective if its a little off? The inside of my palm turns orange after I use it. I put a couple drops on my palm and pat it on. I am having the same trouble with my jansen and beckett, they are not clear like my psf was. I am storing them in the dark, just like everything else, in a cupboard in the bathroom. I don't know if its still effective though, or it is doing more harm to my skin then good. Anyone know about this?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that when a vit. C serum turns slightly yellow, it is still effective. However once it turns "marigold yellow," it has oxidized and should be thrown out. I think a lot of vendors are having trouble shipping C serums this summer as heat promotes oxidation. I've had a couple Vit. C samples arrive already oxidized (sent cross-country).
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
razincane--if it's turning your palms orange, hmmm, maybe it's not effective. i don't think it can harm your skin though (just it won't offer the protection it is supposed to).

PocoLoco--i often wonder about buying skincare in the summer months, especially now since it reached 110 degrees yesterday for me. i have delayed ordering this week because i am afraid the weather will somehow ruin my skincare shipment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
That's why I'm glad I discovered skinmedica-at least for summer months. That being said, I did notice that skinceuticals C & E & ferulic took much longer to oxidize-my sample didn't at all & I left in in my cabinet for over 2 months. Too bad it's not available in Canada anymore.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane - try the apple method. Cut an apple in half and spread a small ammt. over half and wait 15 or 20 min. If the apple hasn't started turning brown, it's ok! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl--neat method!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted - I actually read about that method somewhere on here a few months ago and then tried it myself with a product I was a little unsure about a couple of weeks ago. It works! Laughing But that's why I love this forum - such a wealth of information! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Avoid C products with water in them and you won't have this problem. C is sensitive to oxygen and the O2 in water will quicken the oxidation process. Many have written about skinceuticals' C turning rather quickly (inside of 8 weeks). Does the PSF have water in it?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, my palm is orangey. Sad
That makes me bummed right out. I guess I will have to stick with the jansen and beckett vit. c thats yellow, but not orange. I guess I will have to throw the other five samples out. The psf never turned on me until I only had a few drops left, it stayed completely clear, no yellow at all, but I thought it was too harsh for my skin for some reason.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote

Hi betterat40,
I'm a CSRX vitamin C user like you, and have wondered about PSF's Smile Hyaluronic Acid has water right?

ingredients are:
Hyaluronic Acid Solution (Sodium Hyaluronate), L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C in nanospheres), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Methylpropylparaben

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am not really sure....I know that products that are "100%" hyaluronic acid have the first ingredient as distilled water generally. I think HA is a powder then dissolved in water. From the ingredient list, if there were no water and the HA was just the solid form, the glycerin would be the only solvent. It would surprise me to think it could be capable of dissolving the first two ingredients since generally ingredients are listed from largest volume % to least, indicating there is not much glycerin in that formula.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
hi

Hyaluronic acid can have a maximum percentage of 1-2% in a formula. Most HA serums are 1% HA. Anything over 2% would be too thick to pour. So the "hyaluronic acid solution" will have water in it. Smile
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I may have water in it, but I'll be darned if it wasn't the only one to ever stay clear.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Donell Brightening Cream (1 oz) Colorescience Pür Minerals See No More Pore Minimizer (30 ml / 1 oz)